Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Leslie Frazier As Vikings Head Coach

Freya wrote:
    Q: Who will be the quarterback on Sunday?

A: Brett Favre. There is no hesitation for me in that regard. Brett is a tremendous quarterback. He has been a leader of our football team in the year and a half that he has been with us. There are some things that we have to do as a group to help support Brett. That will be my message to our football team. Brett Favre will be our starting quarterback on Sunday.
    http://kstp.com/article/stories/s1850911.shtml

This seems to me to be a clear indication that there is a lack of support for Favre on the field. The other 10 players need to step it up a notch or 12.

This is not to say that Favre doesn't have some improvements that can be made on his play, but for pity sake, the receivers need to WANT that reception and the oline needs to WANT to protect the QB or make those holes for our RBs.

Hopefully, putting Frazer in charge will inspire the team in every respect and in every position; from the waterboy to the HC and everyone inbetween. We need it.
    Great post. I found that quote interesting myself.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

The team has a challenge now.

If they flop.....people will say, "See, it wasn't Childress!!"

The boos will then be aimed at players. SPECIFIC players who are seen as problems.

The players know that.

It will motivate them better than any motivational speech, that's for sure.

The only question is....as much as they want to.....CAN they get organized and pull together with some success as a real team on Sunday?

I think it's quite possible. They don't want to be the target of the boos.

And the Redskins, while being a darn good team, also have a lot of injuries and a fairly vulnerable secondary.

It will be fascinating to watch and I look forward to it.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Leslie Frazier has announced that there is no official defensive coordinator at the moment. All Defensive Coaches Will Instead See Role Increase.

... but linebacker coach Fred Pagac will become the the closest thing to a defensive coordinator as he will call all the plays on defense.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Things have been so ugly this year at times.....

I think we have every right and good reason to think good things may happen on Sunday.

One thing that bothers me is Favre having the flu.....and being in close contact a lot--how many other Vikings might have the flu and could their play be impacted on Sunday?

Don't these guys have to get flu shots???
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

No where to go but up.

It feels like the post Steckel era all over again.

Good thing the F O was bright enough then to pull the plug after the first season.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1079687
    No where to go but up.

It feels like the post Steckel era all over again.

Good thing the F O was bright enough then to pull the plug after the first season.
    I can't say I remember the post steckel era, but this feels good.

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Favre has the flu or had the flu?
    None

Favre has the flu? Well at least be didn't get std's from sexting. :huh:
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

I would like to see Leslie succeed as a head coach but don't believe he will. How many opportunities has he had for interviews and not one taker. Not one. Is he a poor interviewer or does he just not impress anyone. I don't know.
    Next point how has his aspect of the team been doing this year? Defense has been less than impressive thus far and don't see them getting much better in six games. I like this guy way more than the bald eagle and has twice the personality which ain't saying too much. I would love to see him succeed but I doubt he will in this situation. I hope I am wrong. I don't believe zygi plans on making him head coach anyway. Baring a monster finish this year his fate is sealed.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1079172
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    4. Offensive play-calling and clock management

This is the most important part the Vikings need to improve, but I also have no idea how Leslie Frazier will handle it. I trust him that it can't get much worse than Childress. I want to see more creative and aggressive play-calling.
    Since the same guy who was calling the plays this week will be calling the plays next week, I'm not sure how you expect it to get more creative and agressive.
    The HC can absolutely tell Bev to tweak it. Bev was Chillys guy not Leslie. Changes can and will come.
    Leslie: "Hey, stop calling those plays that keep ending up with Favre missing wide-open receivers, okay?"

Yeah. I can see that.
    You are such a Negative Nancy.
    The funny thing is that Marrdro and him actually think that happens every throw.
    But I also don't think every bad throw was because the O-Line didn't give him time.
    Neither do I.
    Your posts lately sure seem to indicate that.

=Z=
    I've seen mars post many times where he admits Favre is playing poorly this year. Just because us "Favre lovers" point out that that the WR play or the O-line play has been poor doesn't mean we ignore the fact that Favre is playing like shit this year.

The thing that I notice a lot on PPO is that the main difference between the pro favre members and the anti favre members is that the pro favres are willing to admit when they are wrong (except infidel of course) and will readily admit that Favre isn't playing well. The anti favres will always hate on him, even when he's in the midst of providing viking fans with one of the best seasons in the history of this franchise (last year, obviously).
    You lumping me in with the anti-Favres I take it?

Because I'm pro-Viking and that's that. No one is free from criticism if they are sucking it up on the field.

=Z=
    Almost all of us are pro-viking. Doesn't mean we can't like specific player. There isn't one specific member on this board that doens't have a favorite player. Vikings>one player, everyone knows it. The problem comes when someone that you may not necessarily like (Favre) is doing well, you still hack on him.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast