Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    4. Offensive play-calling and clock management

This is the most important part the Vikings need to improve, but I also have no idea how Leslie Frazier will handle it. I trust him that it can't get much worse than Childress. I want to see more creative and aggressive play-calling.
    Since the same guy who was calling the plays this week will be calling the plays next week, I'm not sure how you expect it to get more creative and agressive.
    The HC can absolutely tell Bev to tweak it. Bev was Chillys guy not Leslie. Changes can and will come.
    Leslie: "Hey, stop calling those plays that keep ending up with Favre missing wide-open receivers, okay?"

Yeah. I can see that.
    You are such a Negative Nancy.
    The funny thing is that Marrdro and him actually think that happens every throw.
    But I also don't think every bad throw was because the O-Line didn't give him time.

=Z=
    Neither do I.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Leslie Frazier As Vikings Head Coach

marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    HEY wrote:

This is the most important part the Vikings need to improve, but I also have no idea how Leslie Frazier will handle it. I trust him that it can't get much worse than Childress. I want to see more creative and aggressive play-calling.
    Since the same guy who was calling the plays this week will be calling the plays next week, I'm not sure how you expect it to get more creative and agressive.
    The HC can absolutely tell Bev to tweak it. Bev was Chillys guy not Leslie. Changes can and will come.
    Leslie: "Hey, stop calling those plays that keep ending up with Favre missing wide-open receivers, okay?"

Yeah. I can see that.
    The funny thing is that Marrdro and him actually think that happens every throw.
    But I also don't think every bad throw was because the O-Line didn't give him time.
    Neither do I.
    Your posts lately sure seem to indicate that.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    HEY wrote:

Yeah. I can see that.
    Neither do I.

=Z=
    Links? Quotes?

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    HEY wrote:

Yeah. I can see that.
    Neither do I.

=Z=
    I've seen mars post many times where he admits Favre is playing poorly this year. Just because us "Favre lovers" point out that that the WR play or the O-line play has been poor doesn't mean we ignore the fact that Favre is playing like shit this year.

The thing that I notice a lot on PPO is that the main difference between the pro favre members and the anti favre members is that the pro favres are willing to admit when they are wrong (except infidel of course) and will readily admit that Favre isn't playing well. The anti favres will always hate on him, even when he's in the midst of providing viking fans with one of the best seasons in the history of this franchise (last year, obviously).
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    HEY wrote:

Yeah. I can see that.
    Neither do I.

=Z=
    I've seen mars post many times where he admits Favre is playing poorly this year. Just because us "Favre lovers" point out that that the WR play or the O-line play has been poor doesn't mean we ignore the fact that Favre is playing like shit this year.

The thing that I notice a lot on PPO is that the main difference between the pro favre members and the anti favre members is that the pro favres are willing to admit when they are wrong (except infidel of course) and will readily admit that Favre isn't playing well. The anti favres will always hate on him, even when he's in the midst of providing viking fans with one of the best seasons in the history of this franchise (last year, obviously).
    You lumping me in with the anti-Favres I take it?

Because I'm pro-Viking and that's that. No one is free from criticism if they are sucking it up on the field.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Zeus wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    HEY wrote:

Yeah. I can see that.
    Neither do I.

=Z=

You lumping me in with the anti-Favres I take it?

Because I'm pro-Viking and that's that. No one is free from criticism if they are sucking it up on the field.

=Z=
    Hallelujah Z, Hallelujah.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

dfosterf is offline Coach

I thought his initial press conference was a home-run.

I was especially impressed with his response to the Favre question.

...Not so much about the decision itself, you guys and gals can and will debate that one, but I liked his delivery.

It was quick, unambiguous, decisive-however you want to put it.

There is some irony in there, because the argument that Brett is at least in part the progenitor of some/much of the discontent on your team is a legitimate position, imo--
    along with his production, but like I said, that is your argument, not mine.

So, props to your new head coach for striking a good tone in the leadership department.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

I stated this several times and a few weeks ago as Formo asked.

Frazier is the last guy I want to see take the reins of the Vikes.

And that day is here.. damn it.

I think he can garner control of some of the breakdowns of this "team" inside the locker room and restore some unity.

That probably doesn't solve all the on field issues, but I would be surprised if it doesn't carry over and impact the play between the white lines in a hurry.

Does that salvage this season.. probably not.. but it will help shape some of the decision for the next.

The Dungy tree just grew.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Q: Who will be the quarterback on Sunday?

A: Brett Favre. There is no hesitation for me in that regard. Brett is a tremendous quarterback. He has been a leader of our football team in the year and a half that he has been with us. There are some things that we have to do as a group to help support Brett. That will be my message to our football team. Brett Favre will be our starting quarterback on Sunday.
    http://kstp.com/article/stories/s1850911.shtml

This seems to me to be a clear indication that there is a lack of support for Favre on the field. The other 10 players need to step it up a notch or 12.

This is not to say that Favre doesn't have some improvements that can be made on his play, but for pity sake, the receivers need to WANT that reception and the oline needs to WANT to protect the QB or make those holes for our RBs.

Hopefully, putting Frazer in charge will inspire the team in every respect and in every position; from the waterboy to the HC and everyone inbetween. We need it.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

VIVA LE LESLIE!!!

will 9-7 get us in?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast