Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Leslie Frazier As Vikings Head Coach

How does Leslie Frazier affects the Vikings as Head Coach?

I know that I'm not the only one excited to see what Leslie Frazier brings to the table.

Despite the fact that I don't completely agree with Leslie Frazier's defensive scheme and sometimes passive play-calling. I think Leslie Frazier brings something to the table that Brad Childress didn't.

1. Respect

Almost all the players that have commented on the coaching change have praised Frazier's leadership and they say that he's very respected by the players and coaches.

Quote from Adrian Peterson:
    Leslie is a good man and will do a great job as the interim coach. Hes got great football smarts and players can relate to him and vice versa. He has a certain vibe and energy that everyone can feel when theyre around him. When he speaks, guys perk up and tune in.
    More Player Reactions To Coaching Change

2. Player Interaction

Leslie Frazier has a long resume in the NFL and has had great success as both a coach and a player. That is something Childress did not. Frazier has been a NFL player and can relate much more to the players.

Leslie Fraziers Background

3. Discipline

This is something I think Leslie Frazier can improve. The Vikings offense has been riddled with penalties, but the defense has been very good in that area.

4. Offensive play-calling and clock management

This is the most important part the Vikings need to improve, but I also have no idea how Leslie Frazier will handle it. I trust him that it can't get much worse than Childress. I want to see more creative and aggressive play-calling.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Leslie Frazier As Vikings Head Coach

According to blog.vikings.com, Leslie Frazier will ask Tony Dungy for a help:
    Asked about individuals he might lean on during his time as head coach, Frazier said: No question that Tony (Dungy) and I will be talking often in the days and weeks to come.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

HEY wrote:

This is the most important part the Vikings need to improve, but I also have no idea how Leslie Frazier will handle it. I trust him that it can't get much worse than Childress. I want to see more creative and aggressive play-calling.
    Since the same guy who was calling the plays this week will be calling the plays next week, I'm not sure how you expect it to get more creative and agressive.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    HEY wrote:

Since the same guy who was calling the plays this week will be calling the plays next week, I'm not sure how you expect it to get more creative and agressive.

=Z=
    The HC can absolutely tell Bev to tweak it. Bev was Chillys guy not Leslie. Changes can and will come.

marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    HEY wrote:

The HC can absolutely tell Bev to tweak it. Bev was Chillys guy not Leslie. Changes can and will come.
    Leslie: "Hey, stop calling those plays that keep ending up with Favre missing wide-open receivers, okay?"

Yeah. I can see that.

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    HEY wrote:

Leslie: "Hey, stop calling those plays that keep ending up with Favre missing wide-open receivers, okay?"

Yeah. I can see that.

=Z=
    You are such a Negative Nancy.

It is so refreshing to listen to a HC with fire in his voice. Chilly has never had fire.

Purple Floyd wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    HEY wrote:

Yeah. I can see that.

=Z=
    The funny thing is that Marrdro and him actually think that happens every throw.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I wonder if we are keeping the triangle of authority of if Ziggy is moving to the top of the pyramid?

WWBGD

marstc09 wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    HEY wrote:

Yeah. I can see that.
    The funny thing is that Marrdro and him actually think that happens every throw.
    No I don't. But I also don't think every bad throw was because the O-Line didn't give him time.

=Z=

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast