Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    rednorsk is offline Rookie

Re: Leslie Frazier fulltime head coach

He sure doesn't want to retain the special teams coach!!!
    None

GQVikesFanLV is offline Waterboy

I don't know whether I should be happy or sad about this. We should have at least interviewed other HC candidates before pulling the trigger so soon..
    None

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I think he is a great choice. He lost to the Lions at the end of the season in a meaningless game after a short week because of a snow storm. No one was going out to get themselves injured in that game. And the Lions are a much better team than their record shows. I think he is a good coach and the changes he made in the last few weeks show that. I am really tired of seeing assistant coaches for the Vikes go to other teams and winning super bowls and playoff games. He has two SB rings one as a player and one as a coach. He knows what it takes on both sides. I look forward to what he can bring to our team.

WWBGD

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah! Let's get down on the guy already!

He nearly doubled our number of wins in half the number of games this season.

Lets see what he can do when he picks his own assistants, runs his own camps, can acquire some new talent, and has clear heads to mold.

Taking over when he did this season could not have been easy, it was a debacle, a horrible series of events that the most twisted imagination couldn't write. He at least somewhat righted this capsizing ship.

The games certainly got easier to watch after he took over.

So long as he brings in quality people, not "yes men" like Childress did, I think we'll be successful.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

There are a number of reasons I think this is a bad choice...and none of them have to do with Leslie himself. For all I know, he may wind up being a fantastic HC.

But I worry because this move leaves Zygi and Mark Wilf with their fingers in the pot. Something I have been against since day 1.

I wanted a strong FOOTBALL guy to come in and relegate the Wilfs to the owners box...sort of like Bob Kraft in New England. That's worked pretty well there...

Instead, I fear that Zygi will continue to try and be the next Jerry Jones, something that I fear will NOT work out well here.

Again, I have nothing against Leslie Frazier, and I sincerely hope he does well. But I am not happy about this move...not in the slightest.

Caine

No matter what the organization does, some of you will never be happy.

Bitch
    Bitch
    Bitch
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1086529
    There are a number of reasons I think this is a bad choice...and none of them have to do with Leslie himself. For all I know, he may wind up being a fantastic HC.

But I worry because this move leaves Zygi and Mark Wilf with their fingers in the pot. Something I have been against since day 1.

I wanted a strong FOOTBALL guy to come in and relegate the Wilfs to the owners box...sort of like Bob Kraft in New England. That's worked pretty well there...

Instead, I fear that Zygi will continue to try and be the next Jerry Jones, something that I fear will NOT work out well here.

Again, I have nothing against Leslie Frazier, and I sincerely hope he does well. But I am not happy about this move...not in the slightest.

Caine
    Who would be an example of a strong football guy to keep them in the owners box?

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Common Man from KFAN said that he had a source (I know, I know) that said the Wilfs reached out to Bill Parcells but he wanted some enormous price like $12 mill a year and a 10 year contract or something like that and that was just to run everything, not to coach.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

My fear with Leslie is that since he was a part of last seasons NFC team that he may have a distorted view of how bad this team was this season. This season was no fluke and if he treats it as such he may as well quit now.

I also hope that he doesn't keep most of the staff around. Changes have to be made and I pray he isn't the sentimental type.

Favre and Jackson are gone. I hope we dump the glorious KAO and Bevell with it. Any quarterback coming in will be learning a new system anyway. So I would hope that Leslie is smart enough to get an OC that has experience. I would love to see them get an OC with head coaching experience. I feel that is very important especially when you consider Leslie is a defensive guy.

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the Tampa 2 I would be fine with it being kept around and give Pugac the full time job. We need new personnel at key positions without a doubt though.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1086533
    So I would hope that Leslie is smart enough to get an OC that has experience. I would love to see them get an OC with head coaching experience.
    How about this guy? He has some head coaching experience and he was the HC of a great offense recently.

Future OC of Vikings
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast