Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re: The Leslie Frazier Era Week Two

I am all for running the ball and stopping the run with the team we have ATM!! I've been screaming for more running, esp in the 2nd half, all year and we finally got it...which led to some success on play-action fakes. And, less time for our defense to be onfield! Putting the QB in motion when you have questionable OL play is kinda a no-brainer...only, stubborn Chiller didn't even go there when we faced the blitz happy eagles in the playoffs with Jackson (a mobile QB) starting! D'OH!

Vs. the Bills at home? Duh. Run The BALL!!!!!!!!!!! They are last in the league in run defense allowing over 167 rushing yards per game! And, we have plenty of options to run with, even if the best back in the league only plays a lil to none. Gerhart has plenty power and Harvin has lots of speed. Young is a decent all around back who knows the system, and I'd love to see Jackson get a lil too...as a "change of pace," QB!

Besides, where the Bills are better than us, is on offense. So, running the ball will help keep them on the sidelines and give our D a better chance for success as well.

We should win this game by sticking to the same basic gameplan as last week...RUN the Ball, limit the Favre's turnover possibilities, and play good Defense!!! :woohoo:

BAAAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!

:cheer: :P B)
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

All I know is i already feel more confident in the coach 2 games into Frazier's term than I was by the 2nd game of chilly's. Nothing to do with the talent, just the idea of how that talent is going to be used and how the coach is going to prepare the team for the opponent they are going to face.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081137
    And as much as I liked the desire and disciplined football the Vikings displayed against Washington, I winced a bit when I heard Frazier talk after the game about the Vikings needing to get back to running the ball and stopping the run to start winning football games again.

That kind of old-school thinking isnt really what Im looking for in the Vikings next head coach.
    The Leslie Frazier Era Week Two

One week in and it already starts.....LOL. What a yutz.

A couple of other gems.....

but that doesnt mean it wasnt a sound strategy given what Frazier has to work with this year.

I just hope that isnt always going to be Fraziers blueprint to victory.
    So Mr. Frazier, please tell me youre not one of those run the football and stop the run kind of coaches. We already had one of those around here. We didnt like it very much.
    My guess, this chucklehead isn't gonna be happy after the Bills game either. I think they are pretty close to the bottom of the league against the run. The Noodle likes to throw INT's this year.

Gonna be alot of running on Sunday and this chucklehead isn't gonna like it.

I can hear chants of "Fire Leslie" already. Putz.
    I think you are mistaking what he is trying to say.

He doesn't want another run, run, run coach like Childress. If Frazier is of that same mold, get him out of here now.

He's not saying we will never, run, run, run. He's saying that was basically always Childress' game plan.

If you come up against an opponent who gives up the run, that's what you want to do. Both Childress & Frazier did that.

The difference is when you come up against an opponent stingy against the run, Childress still tried to run, run, run. The writer is hoping Frazier isn't on that same path.

That in itself is a big reason why Childress failed. He has no concept of game planning or adjusting.

A great HC like Belicheck will try & exploit a teams weakness, which changes from week to week, whether or not his own team excels against that weakness. For instance, we all know the Patriots are known for their passing game, but Belicheck isn't afraid to pound the ball against opponents who are giving up the run.

Childress on the other hand, tried to beat you with his teams strengths regardless of how well the opponents stopped them.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1081157
    We already have a fire Frazier thread waiting in the wings.
    You will begin to see it grow after Buffalo whips us this week.

But if they stick to the same game plan as last week they should be able to win.
    Key is to limit Favre.

Quick question, both running backs got dinged up last week. What happens if both get knocked out of the game this week?
    +1

I whole-heartedly agree. The key is to a win is to limit Favre.

If the Bills are giving up the run, run the ball against them.

The less opportunity Favre has to throw the ball, the less opportunity he has to fuck up a drive & throw a pick.

The quicker he hands off the ball, the less likely Favre has of fumbling it away. He was fortunate to not cough it up on his run last week. Of the 8 fumbles the Vikings have lost, Favre is responsible for all of them but 2.

Stick to that game plan & Frazier can boost his resume, Favre gets what he wants with consecutive start #297 on his quest for #300, fans & players are happy with a win & Favreaholics can beat their chests & claim Favre won us the game, like they did last week, even though Favre completed only 15 passes for 0 TD's, while our run game accounted for all of our TD's.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

LOL!

We played a team that had a poor D-Line.....so our O-Line played better.

Gosh....I wonder why our O-Line played better?

Listen carefully.....Favre didn't pass much because we were playing a team that's weak against the run.

Same thing today.

Frazier is smart enough to figure these things out.

Glad he's coaching instead of some of the experts here.

Here's a novel idea--maybe if we play a team that's weak against the pass--Favre will throw more.

Oh NO!! What a radical thought.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

ILLvike is offline Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081426
    LOL!

Listen carefully.....Favre didn't pass much because we were playing a team that's weak against the run.

Same thing today.

Here's a novel idea--maybe if we play a team that's weak against the pass--Favre will throw more.

BILLS/OPPONENTS RUSHING (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS) 271-4.5 / 396-4.6

BILLS/OPPONENTS SACKS 20.0 / 23.0

Theyre D-Line isn't hurting them too bad, It might be a bit below average, but not as terrible as you contend
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well, it is a certain improvement over the Childress era so I am content. Not sure whether Wilf has a higher caliber candidate in mind or not but if we even get this type of improvement i will be very happy.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "ILLvike" #1081431
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081426
    LOL!

Same thing today.

BILLS/OPPONENTS RUSHING (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS) 271-4.5 / 396-4.6

BILLS/OPPONENTS SACKS 20.0 / 23.0

Theyre D-Line isn't hurting them too bad, It might be a bit below average, but not as terrible as you contend
    actually they are. I didn't realize it but they are a full 21yds per game rushing D worse than the next closest team. 103.4 yds per game worse than Pittsburg.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

2 in a row. You go [strike]girl[/strike] Coach Frazier. Impress me now and beat the Giants.......B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12