Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The Leslie Frazier Era Ė Week Two

And as much as I liked the desire and disciplined football the Vikings displayed against Washington, I winced a bit when I heard Frazier talk after the game about the Vikings needing to get back to running the ball and stopping the run to start winning football games again.

That kind of old-school thinking isnít really what Iím looking for in the Vikings next head coach.

One week in and it already starts.....LOL. What a yutz.

A couple of other gems.....

but that doesnít mean it wasnít a sound strategy given what Frazier has to work with this year.

I just hope that isnít always going to be Frazierís blueprint to victory.
    So Mr. Frazier, please tell me youíre not one of those ďrun the football and stop the runĒ kind of coaches. We already had one of those around here. We didnít like it very much.
    My guess, this chucklehead isn't gonna be happy after the Bills game either. I think they are pretty close to the bottom of the league against the run. The Noodle likes to throw INT's this year.

Gonna be alot of running on Sunday and this chucklehead isn't gonna like it.

I can hear chants of "Fire Leslie" already. Putz.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Leslie Frazier Era Ė Week Two

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081137
    And as much as I liked the desire and disciplined football the Vikings displayed against Washington, I winced a bit when I heard Frazier talk after the game about the Vikings needing to get back to running the ball and stopping the run to start winning football games again.

That kind of old-school thinking isnít really what Iím looking for in the Vikings next head coach.

but that doesnít mean it wasnít a sound strategy given what Frazier has to work with this year.

So Mr. Frazier, please tell me youíre not one of those ďrun the football and stop the runĒ kind of coaches. We already had one of those around here. We didnít like it very much.
    My guess, this chucklehead isn't gonna be happy after the Bills game either. I think they are pretty close to the bottom of the league against the run. The Noodle likes to throw INT's this year.

We already have a fire Frazier thread waiting in the wings.
    You will begin to see it grow after Buffalo whips us this week.

But if they stick to the same game plan as last week they should be able to win.
    Key is to limit Favre.

Quick question, both running backs got dinged up last week. What happens if both get knocked out of the game this week?
    ďWhat takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Itís the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1081157

But if they stick to the same game plan as last week they should be able to win.
    Key is to limit Favre.

Quick question, both running backs got dinged up last week. What happens if both get knocked out of the game this week?
    I saw that they were snooping about the UFL ranks for players, to include a RB.

My guess, if AD isn't on the field this weekend, they will have AY or one of the PS online to come in.

Between AY and PH, plus PS guy, they should be able to minimize how many times the Noodle has to throw, I would hope......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Key is to limit Favre.

I'm guessing Albert Young will be activated along with salt n peppa
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1081164

Key is to limit Favre.

I should have made this comment in my first post, but maybe, just maybe, we will see a bit of TJ behind center.

I think PH in the backfield the TJ under center would be kindof interesting, especially on a first and 10.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Leslie > Chilly

One fan does not mean many.

There will be no chants.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081167

Key is to limit Favre.

I should have made this comment in my first post, but maybe, just maybe, we will see a bit of TJ behind center.

I think PH in the backfield the TJ under center would be kindof interesting, especially on a first and 10.
    Good or bad, I think most Vikings fans are waiting to see that.
    I also think that if push comes to shove, AY could handle the running back load.
    The O-line played pretty well last week and definately showed better effort after the coaching change.
    I'm not saying they disliked Childress, but they genuinely appear to like Frazier.
    ďWhat takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Itís the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1081172
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081167

Key is to limit Favre.

Good or bad, I think most Vikings fans are waiting to see that.
    I also think that if push comes to shove, AY could handle the running back load.
    The O-line played pretty well last week and definately showed better effort after the coaching change.
    I'm not saying they disliked Childress, but they genuinely appear to like Frazier.
    So did the Cowgirls until the met a team that can beat them.

Are the players happier? I sure the hell hope so.

Are they playing better? A few are, a few played the same.

For me, what was key was two fold:

1. They limited one player with respect to what he could do by the new HC and because of that, we didn't have any turnovers which kept killing us under the old HC.

2. They found someone who could get something out of our DL.

If you remember, I was worried how Leslie was gonna be the HC and fix the DL at the same time. Silly me, I didn't think that maybe the best thing that could have done was put someone else in charge of the defense.

I apologize for not thinking down that line of rationale.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Did the OL genuinely play better or did Favre rolling out to his right a lot more falsely give that impression?

Penalties for one were down. If that equates to better OL play, then 'yes' on that alone.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1081339
    Did the OL genuinely play better or did Favre rolling out to his right a lot more falsely give that impression?

Penalties for one were down. If that equates to better OL play, then 'yes' on that alone.
    Good point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast