Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The legend of Brett Favre is dead

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    The legend is alive and well. He gave me and thousands of other fans the best Vikings season ever as a fan.
    Are you referring to last year? I know you were a fan (or became one) in '98. So - are you saying last year was better than 1998?
    Yes. Don't ever question me on my fanhood. I was no where near the fan I am now in 1998.
    Slow down, Timmy - I wasn't questioning your fanhood. I'm just trying for some clarity of your comment.

There was a part of me that was wondering if you were thanking Favre for getting Childress fired today.

Yes, last year was magical.

Especially the Niners game.

=Z=
    Chilly got Childress fired.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

According to PFT... Leslie is sticking with Favre... obviously playing for his own coaching record versus the good of the team... Favre has already said he won't play in 2011, what's the point of keeping him on the field?

If we win with Favre, so what... we don't make the playoffs at 9-7 and have a lower draft pick... still have a HUGE unknown at QB next year.

If we win with T-Jack, great! Maybe we don't need to draft a QB, maybe we pick up an OL or DL stud in Round 1...

If we lose with T-Jack, great! We now know what we have (or don't) and have a high draft pick for our QB of the future.

There's no upside to starting Favre... no down side to starting T-Jack... Frazier is already making bad, short sighted decisions.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Do these Favre haters ever stop to think that maybe the org has seen enough of TJ? Good god.

Since when do we not make the playoffs at 9-7?

Frazier, I am behind you 100%. The team and the fans are no longer under the thumb of Clueless. Lets get it!

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

marstc09 wrote:
    Do these Favre haters ever stop to think that maybe the org has seen enough of TJ? Good god.

Frazier, I am behind you 100%. The team and the fans are no longer under the thumb of Clueless. Lets get it!
    I'm not Favre hater, I'm a realist.

GB and the Bears have the NFC-N and likely a wild card spot tied up...

Tampa Bay and the Falcons have the NFC-S and likely the 2nd wild card spot tied up...

The Giants are in good shape, but they'll have a hard time beating out the loser of the S or N races.

The NFC-W will get the division winner in...

Where exactly do you see the Vikings getting in at 9-7?

As for "seen enough of T-Jack"... you never know what a player can really do until you put them on the field. I don't see a downside to starting T-Jack, I don't see an upside to playing Favre. Why don't you try to provide some thought and data in your posts besides simply talking.

I have now laid out why I believe T-Jack should start and not Favre and why I don't believe the Vikings are making the playoffs. Why don't you attempt to respond in kind if you believe differently.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Good grief.....

How many times do we have to go over this?

Again.....

Favre will play because Jackson is a nobody and exactly nobody wants to buy a ticket to see a nobody play.

Favre is hot.....and he will play.

Now that the distraction and poor coaching of Childress are eliminated.....he (AND the team) may do better and we can win a few games, at least......certainly the Bills and the Lions are possibilities and a bit of Favre magic could knock off the Bears and Redskins and save the season from being a total disaster.

Additionally, we could play well while losing to the Giants and Eagles.....give them a run for their money.

This would change our season from disaster to being hopefully respectable.

The best thing is that it could convince Favre to come back next year as we make a credible try for the big show.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Infidel wrote:
    Good grief.....

Again.....

Favre will play because Jackson is a nobody and exactly nobody wants to buy a ticket to see a nobody play.

Now that the distraction and poor coaching of Childress are eliminated.....he (AND the team) may do better and we can win a few games, at least......certainly the Bills and the Lions are possibilities and a bit of Favre magic could knock off the Bears and Redskins and save the season from being a total disaster.

Additionally, we could play well while losing to the Giants and Eagles.....give them a run for their money.

The best thing is that it could convince Favre to come back next year as we make a credible try for the big show.
    You had me chuckling when you tried to blame the bulk of Favre's picks on everyone but Favre, but your last line has me rolling on the floor.

Favre's not coming back. Get used to it. There's a reason he's rated the 2nd or 3rd worst QB in the league & it simply isn't just because of the OL or the receivers.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

BleedinPandG wrote:
    According to PFT... Leslie is sticking with Favre... obviously playing for his own coaching record versus the good of the team... Favre has already said he won't play in 2011, what's the point of keeping him on the field?

If we win with Favre, so what... we don't make the playoffs at 9-7 and have a lower draft pick... still have a HUGE unknown at QB next year.

If we win with T-Jack, great! Maybe we don't need to draft a QB, maybe we pick up an OL or DL stud in Round 1...

If we lose with T-Jack, great! We now know what we have (or don't) and have a high draft pick for our QB of the future.

There's no upside to starting Favre... no down side to starting T-Jack... Frazier is already making bad, short sighted decisions.
    In my opinion, you are exactly correct. If Frazier keeps playing Favre it should give some legs to the Fire Frazier thread.

Now I really wonder if Chilly got fired because he was going to bench Brett, thus effecting ticket sales in a negative way. You can bet the first thing Zigi told Frazier was "your not benching my money maker Brett Favre"
    None

BleedinPandG wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

I'm not Favre hater, I'm a realist.
    I am so sick of hearing that. Nothing you say is more real than what I say.

BleedinPandG wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

Why don't you try to provide some thought and data in your posts besides simply talking.
    I have stated enough in my posts so I suggest you shut your mouth.

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Infidel wrote:
    Good grief.....

Again.....

Infidel, I don't usually call people on spelling errors, grammar, bad sentence structure. But I though I'd call that last paragraph to your attention. There is just no way that you meant to write that. Say it ain't so and save the tiny bit of respect some have for you. And to think I just agreed with you earlier on a subject. I feel dirty now.
    None

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast