Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The legend of Brett Favre is dead

marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    The legend is alive and well. He gave me and thousands of other fans the best Vikings season ever as a fan.
    Are you referring to last year? I know you were a fan (or became one) in '98. So - are you saying last year was better than 1998?
    Yes. Don't ever question me on my fanhood. I was no where near the fan I am now in 1998.
    Slow down, Timmy - I wasn't questioning your fanhood. I'm just trying for some clarity of your comment.

There was a part of me that was wondering if you were thanking Favre for getting Childress fired today.

Yes, last year was magical.

Especially the Niners game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    I cannot wait until Brett is gone.

Not because I do not like the guy.

The whole arguement in every thread is getting very old.

We got rid of one, now the other will follow.

What in the world will Marr post about then?
    You need to pay a bit more attention to my posts Mr. Ubbermod.

Of late, I have been talking about all kind of football stuff and most of it, had/has nothing to do with Lord Noodle Arm Dickhead.

If memory serves, I think this is the first thread I've started on him in about 2 or 3 months...... B)
    You need to not read into things more than you should Mr. UbberNoodleLover.

Said nothing about starting new posts.

:unsure: :cheer: B) :laugh:

I still love you though. Fisherman are so sexy! :kiss:
    LOL, well played. Especially the special little "UbberNoodleLover" touch.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I have to laugh.

The world is waited with bated breath to see what Favre will say or do next.

Fans are buying tickets even as these words are written.....television viewers are planning their Sunday parties......because of Favre.

Tarvaris, while I'm sure he is as good as many back-up QBs.....is (to say it gently) a nobody.

And if Favre is not our starting QB.....everyone will yawn and find something else to watch.

It's all about selling tickets and getting ratings.

That's why Favre will play.

The only thing that can stop him is our sorry pass protection and the fear of further injuries due to their incompetence.

Myself, I hope he retires.....but he may be too damned stubborn to do that.

And who knows, he may even win a few more games.

Next year is not an impossible dream.

The legend lives on.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Infidel wrote:
    I have to laugh.

The world is waited with bated breath to see what Favre will say or do next.

Fans are buying tickets even as these words are written.....television viewers are planning their Sunday parties......because of Favre.

Tarvaris, while I'm sure he is as good as many back-up QBs.....is (to say it gently) a nobody.

And if Favre is not our starting QB.....everyone will yawn and find something else to watch.

It's all about selling tickets and getting ratings.

That's why Favre will play.

The only thing that can stop him is our sorry pass protection and the fear of further injuries due to their incompetence.

Myself, I hope he retires.....but he may be too damned stubborn to do that.

And who knows, he may even win a few more games.

Next year is not an impossible dream.

The legend lives on.

Infidel, I didn't think I would ever agree with you, but in this case I do. Your right, I think it's all about selling tickets and money at this point, and nothing to do with ability or whats best for the teams future. Favre will probably continue to play.

Sad state of affairs
    None

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    The legend is alive and well. He gave me and thousands of other fans the best Vikings season ever as a fan.
    Are you referring to last year? I know you were a fan (or became one) in '98. So - are you saying last year was better than 1998?

=Z=
    Actually, yeah - I would say that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Infidel, I didn't think I would ever agree with you, but in this case I do. Your right, I think it's all about selling tickets and money at this point, and nothing to do with ability or whats best for the teams future. Favre will probably continue to play.
    Actually, I don't see Favre's play as that bad recently. A couple weeks ago he had a game that any QB would envy.

He's been sacked and hit HARD pretty regularly (much worse during the first few games, but still getting hit too much) so I think most QBs would have had a tough time doing better.

His interceptions have been many, but many of them were caused by mistakes by the receiver or because he was hit as he threw the ball.

And Drew Brees has almost as many interceptions, so, obviously, it can happen to the best.

The one thing that bothers me is that he seems to be able to throw long passes accurately but inexplicably and often misses on short (10-15 yard) passes.

What's up with that?
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

marstc09 wrote:

THANK YOU BRETT FAVRE. You will never be forgotten in Viking land.
    I will never forget being at the Dome for the 49ers game last season. That was the greatest finish I have ever witnessed. The legend will never die!

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

NodakPaul wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

=Z=
    Last year only surpasses '98 in my book because our team came to play in the title game, didn't think things were going to be handed to them, and then a series of unfortunate mishaps starting with the 12-men in the huddle penalty, and ending with an overtime full of QUESTIONABLE officiating, ripped out the heart of many Vikings fans in a way no fan should suffer :S
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

NodakPaul wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

=Z=
    Both years were fun to watch right up to the ultimate of daggers struck me. I loved how dominant we were in 1998. However, for me last year was better. Why? Because I actually attended a HOME VIKING GAME. That was the ultimate for me.

I know some may take it for granted. I have attended several Viking games throughout the US (Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans, Giants, SF) but never home till we put a beat down on the Cowpies last year.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

THANK YOU BRETT FAVRE. You will never be forgotten in Viking land.
    First, if that is your best season as a Vikings fan, I feel sorry for ya. You've missed several that were a hell of alot better than that one.

Second. I agree, he will never be forgotten, atleast by me. I for one wish he would come and go fishing with me. I have that special life jacket made out of cement still waiting for him to use.
    Feel sorry for me? Child please. Please name one that was better. I will be waiting. Remember I am only 30 and started watching in 1998.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast