Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Ponder is probably making them better. We saw how much Favre elevated the play of our receivers in '09, so no question, better QB play will give receivers more opportunities to produce. But they still need to make the play when given an opportunity.

And, of course, receivers need to get open to give the QB a chance to succeed and the OL needs to give the plays a chance to develop,.... Damn, these things are never that simple are they?
    LOL...Kindof the point I've been trying to make on why our defense is better. Everyone wants to look on the backend for the answer when its a combined effort across the board.

The Ultimate Team Game my friend. The Ultimate Team Game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I said deeper & they were chucking it deeper. Deeper doesn't necessarily mean 30+ yard passes. Dinking & dunking are your 0 to 10 yard passes. Ponder threw a lot more in the 10-20 range. That;s deeper than before. You yourself claimed there was only a few "short" passes. You counted 2.

Before last week, Ponder's air travel average on passes caught was 5.4 yards. I believe that last Sunday, it was better than that.
    LOL....you kept saying Deeper Deeper......snicker. (Typed in Marrdro's best Bevis/Butthead voice).

ESPN Box score......If you "Find" Ponder pass short, you will get 22 passes.
    IF you "Find" Ponder pass deep, you will get one.

Last week....
    Ponder pass short, you will get 16.
    Ponder pass deep, you will get one

Minnesota Vikings vs. Detroit Lions - Play By Play - September 30, 2012 - ESPN
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL....you kept saying Deeper Deeper......snicker. (Typed in Marrdro's best Bevis/Butthead voice).

ESPN Box score......If you "Find" Ponder pass short, you will get 22 passes.
    IF you "Find" Ponder pass deep, you will get one.

Last week....
    Ponder pass short, you will get 16.
    Ponder pass deep, you will get one

Minnesota Vikings vs. Detroit Lions - Play By Play - September 30, 2012 - ESPN
    LOL! I don't care how ESPN calls it, IMO a 20 yard pass is not a "short" pass & it's deeper than our typical 5 yard pass. There is no mid-range pass on those sites, it's always "short" or "deep".

Your problem is when ever someone mentions they would like to see Ponder throw passes deeper than the 0 to 5 yard passes we were so used to seeing, you automatically translate that into meaning 30-50 yard passes.

Quick question. is a 15 yard pass deeper than a 5 yard pass? (A simple yes or no will suffice.)

Bonus round.
    A. In your opinion, is a 15-20 yard pass a "short" pass?
    B. At what distance is a pass no longer considered a "short" pass?
    C. At what distance is a pass considered a "deep" pass?
    Last edited by singersp; 10-10-2012 at 05:26 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikings assessing Jerome Simpsonís sudden lower leg injury; WR woke up with weakness, numbness

Vikings assessing Jerome Simpson’s sudden lower leg injury; WR woke up with weakness, numbness - The Washington Post

LOL! I don't care how ESPN calls it, IMO a 20 yard pass is not a "short" pass & it's deeper than our typical 5 yard pass. There is no mid-range pass on those sites, it's always "short" or "deep".

Your problem is when ever someone mentions they would like to see Ponder throw passes deeper than the 0 to 5 yard passes we were so used to seeing, you automatically translate that into meaning 30-50 yard passes.

Quick question. is a 15 yard pass deeper than a 5 yard pass? (A simple yes or no will suffice.)

Bonus round.
    A. In your opinion, is a 15-20 yard pass a "short" pass?
    B. At what distance is a pass no longer considered a "short" pass?
    C. At what distance is a pass considered a "deep" pass?
    I translate nothing. Just reply to the posters post. Nothing more, nothing less. Thats why I don't go on opinion. I use the standard set forth by the box score source that I ref.

Traditionally, a deep pass is 40+ yards on the NFL page. 20+ yards on the Disney page. Use that as your bench mark for what you believe my opinion is. Its what the rest of the world uses so it should be good enough.

On a side note, as another bench mark for you......I want to see our QB and WR's throw to and run the full route tree. Makes no sense to think I would want otherwise.

Addressing separately.
    When you looked at the box score and you "Found" using short and deep, how many of the short ones were actually 15 yards or more and how many were at/around 5 yards?

Simple yes or no doesn't work my friend. Just doesn't. Of the 15 short passes, 13 went for under 10 yards (3 for - yards) and 2 went for more (17 and 12).

Try as you might, he just wasn't throwing it deeper.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Not quite the smartest thing to do before a game...

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I translate nothing. Just reply to the posters post. Nothing more, nothing less. Thats why I don't go on opinion. I use the standard set forth by the box score source that I ref.

Traditionally, a deep pass is 40+ yards on the NFL page. 20+ yards on the Disney page. Use that as your bench mark for what you believe my opinion is. Its what the rest of the world uses so it should be good enough.
    I could care less how far Mickey, Donald, Pluto & Goofy throw the ball. Perhaps Disney considers 20+ yards deep because they are taking into account that they are only cartoon animals.

By deeper I mean farther as in 17 yards is farther (deeper) than 2 yards. If you want to say a 17 throw is shorter or shallower than a 2 yard pass, I won't stand in your way. At the end of the day, you know what I'm talking about.

Let it be known from this day forth, that Marty believes there's no such thing as a medium or mid range pass because NFL & Disney don't use it in their box score.

Let it also be known that Marty considers a 39 yard pass a short pass because NFL.com only uses short & deep in their box score & he states NFL.com only considers 40+ yards as deep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12