Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Leg tightness keeps Simpson on sideline for much of game

Leg tightness keeps Jerome Simpson on sideline for much of game

Minnesota Vikings: Leg tightness keeps Jerome Simpson on sideline for much of game - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Not like he didn't have 4 weeks to stretch them out on the sidelines.I wonder how much the phrase "One year contract" means to him.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Who cares at this point. They still dink/dunked down the field with the likes of Jenkins, Arash and Harvin. Don't rush him back if he isn't game ready.

Judging by the way this team is playing, we are going to need him later (much later) on in the season.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    i wouldn't say so much we need him on the field to be successfull.. but we do need him on the field to be a complete team!

hope it's nothing and he's there next week ready to do what he does!

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    i wouldn't say so much we need him on the field to be successfull.. but we do need him on the field to be a complete team!

hope it's nothing and he's there next week ready to do what he does!
    If you listen to our good friend Singer, they were chucking it deep this weekend without him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    I think Simpson would have seen a lot of action in this game if he didn't come up lame early. A bit of a setback, but Devin filled in nicely yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I think Simpson would have seen a lot of action in this game if he didn't come up lame early. A bit of a setback, but Devin filled in nicely yesterday.
    No has (at least I haven't seen one yet) answered my question......Are those cats like Arash better or has Ponder made them better?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    No has (at least I haven't seen one yet) answered my question......Are those cats like Arash better or has Ponder made them better?
    Ponder is probably making them better. We saw how much Favre elevated the play of our receivers in '09, so no question, better QB play will give receivers more opportunities to produce. But they still need to make the play when given an opportunity.

And, of course, receivers need to get open to give the QB a chance to succeed and the OL needs to give the plays a chance to develop,.... Damn, these things are never that simple are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    If you listen to our good friend Singer, they were chucking it deep this weekend without him.
    I said deeper & they were chucking it deeper. Deeper doesn't necessarily mean 30+ yard passes. Dinking & dunking are your 0 to 10 yard passes. Ponder threw a lot more in the 10-20 range. That;s deeper than before. You yourself claimed there was only a few "short" passes. You counted 2.

Before last week, Ponder's air travel average on passes caught was 5.4 yards. I believe that last Sunday, it was better than that.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-09-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Ponder is probably making them better. We saw how much Favre elevated the play of our receivers in '09, so no question, better QB play will give receivers more opportunities to produce. But they still need to make the play when given an opportunity.

And, of course, receivers need to get open to give the QB a chance to succeed and the OL needs to give the plays a chance to develop,.... Damn, these things are never that simple are they?
    Unless Ponder is making them get open or catching the ball for them, he isn't improving their game, except for the fact that he's gaining more trust in them & targeting them more.

Favre threw more passes, spread the ball out more & gave our receivers more chances to catch the ball, but make no mistake about it, our receivers made a lot of spectacular catches that weren't thrown so accurately.

With Ponder, i've seen him throw nice passes that Aromashodu, Jenkins & even Simpson dropped. I got to give credit to both Aromashodu & Jenkins for getting open more and hanging onto the ball better, which in turn gives Ponder more targets to hit other than Harvin.

I think Ponder has been throwing pretty accurately to them on short and mid-range passes to them all along.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast