singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Leber wins Good Guy Award

[size=13pt]Leber wins Good Guy Award[/size]

December 27th, 2007 – 2:24 PM

by Kevin Seifert
    startribune.com

The Twin Cities chapter of the Pro Football Writers Association presented LB Ben Leber with the 2007 Korey Stringer Good Guy Award, given annually to recognize a player for his cooperation and professionalism. (Or, to the guy that talked to us that day.)......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Leber wins Good Guy Award

Leber isn’t the most well-known Vikings player
    Leber is just one of those players who is solid at what he does & get's little recognition for his contributions to the team.

Congratulations Ben. I'm glad you wear the purple & gold.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Funny how going into last year everyone thought our LB was gonna suck.
    This year it has been lauded by a few of the talking heads as the best in the league this year.

Scott and his staff just doesn't get the credit they deserve. Whether it be scouting rooks or FA's they are doing a much better job now that the Wilf Ownership has plussed that part of the staff up along with the number of coaches from the previous regimes bare bones approach.

Just another area that has been upgraded and improved by this staff (and not just the Chiller).
    I really like Studwell and Co seem to find jewels in the rough or players out there that fit our system.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    This year it has been lauded by a few of the talking heads as the best in the league this year.

Scott and his staff just doesn't get the credit they deserve. Whether it be scouting rooks or FA's they are doing a much better job now that the Wilf Ownership has plussed that part of the staff up along with the number of coaches from the previous regimes bare bones approach.

Just another area that has been upgraded and improved by this staff (and not just the Chiller).
    I really like Studwell and Co seem to find jewels in the rough or players out there that fit our system.
    Leber and Greenway look like good acquisitions, but the biggest improvement in our LB corp. came last year.
    We were still seeing Napolean Harris, E.J. Henderson, and Dontarius Thomas (along with the addition of Leber).
    It seems like we kept drafting and bringing in guys that were good athletes who 'just needed to be coached up.'
    But Tice's staff never got it done.

When Childress and Tomlin came in, they suddenly looked like they were getting the coaching they needed.
    Therefore, I would give a lot of the credit to Childress, Tomlin, and whoever they brought in to coach the linebackers.

In any event, good for Leber.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Overlord" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Leber and Greenway look like good acquisitions, but the biggest improvement in our LB corp. came last year.
    We were still seeing Napolean Harris, E.J. Henderson, and Dontarius Thomas (along with the addition of Leber).
    It seems like we kept drafting and bringing in guys that were good athletes who 'just needed to be coached up.'
    But Tice's staff never got it done.

When Childress and Tomlin came in, they suddenly looked like they were getting the coaching they needed.
    Therefore, I would give a lot of the credit to Childress, Tomlin, and whoever they brought in to coach the linebackers.

In any event, good for Leber.
    Fred Pagac is the LB coach.
    He along with the rest of the assistants deserve alot of credit for the progress this team has made.

If memory serves Fred and Karl Dunbar were at least mentioned as in house canidates to replace Tomlin.

Lets give a hand to the owner ship who has increased not only the number of scouts we have to go out and find the talent, but to increase the number of coaches we have as well.

Both of those moves should have been huge indicators to everyone that this staff (not just the Chiller) was going to gut the team and start from scratch with alot of young, talented players.

I can't wait for this offseason to get into full swing in preps for next year.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg