Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Leber seeking a more complete Vikings defense

I think anyone that thinks there's no way the Vikings make the playoffs this year is in Fantasy Island.
    I'm not saying they will definately make it but they sure do have a good chance.
    Sure, TJ is in his second year but it doesn't mean he didn't improve from last year.
    We won't know till the season starts but realistically, there's no reason for them not to have a playoff shot.

last year they were marred with injuries.
    The defense is improved on paper.
    The fact that they were close in a lot of games last year tells me there's no reason why they can't be in games this year.
    There are questions about how they will do in certain positions but they have the potential to be very good.

Of course, it's the offseason and I always have my Viking glasses on but I don't see how anyone can count them out from at least making the playoffs.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    I think anyone that thinks there's no way the Vikings make the playoffs this year is in Fantasy Island.
    I'm not saying they will definately make it but they sure do have a good chance.
    Sure, TJ is in his second year but it doesn't mean he didn't improve from last year.
    We won't know till the season starts but realistically, there's no reason for them not to have a playoff shot.

The fact that they were close in a lot of games last year tells me there's no reason why they can't be in games this year.
    There are questions about how they will do in certain positions but they have the potential to be very good.

Of course, it's the offseason and I always have my Viking glasses on but I don't see how anyone can count them out from at least making the playoffs.
    This time of year I always have my glasses on, but realistically I agree with all your reasons.

Preach on fellow purple friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

This time of year I always have my glasses on, but realistically I agree with all your reasons.

;D
    Alls one has to do to make the playoffs is win the divison.

Quite frankly though, I have this funny feeling the Lions will give us our biggest challenge this year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

;D

Quite frankly though, I have this funny feeling the Lions will give us our biggest challenge this year.
    I am liking this thread.
    Singer brings up the best point though.

That would be my argument for being optomistic for a playoff spot.
    I really think da bears are overhyped, and the other two teams have more "ifs" then us.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

;D

I think the Lions are turning into the Vikes of a couple years ago.
    Good offense and horrible defense.
    They will be in alot of 34-31 games.
    Hopefully losses.

As bad as the Vikes offense was last year, they were in a lot of games.
    I don't think the showing of Tito Jackson was fair since he lacked reps.
    It will be a interesting season.

I think we win the division since it is pretty weak, but like everyone else I got my glasses on as well.

"Billy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

;D

I am liking this thread.

I really think da bears are overhyped, and the other two teams have more "ifs" then us.
    I agree with Singer as well.
    If they stay healthy they may be a team to contend with.
    The Bears have too much off the field problems right now.
    The Packers I really can't comment on because I have no idea what direction they will go in.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

;D

I am liking this thread.

I agree with Singer as well.
    If they stay healthy they may be a team to contend with.
    The Bears have too much off the field problems right now.
    The Packers I really can't comment on because I have no idea what direction they will go in.
    [size=36pt]DOWN[/size]
    [img width=450 height=450]http://www.designofsignage.com/application/symbol/hospital/image/600x600/arrow-down.jpg[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

That's funny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12