Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Leber proves real leader on defense

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/36274364.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc: aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU

The Vikings had a huge void to fill when linebacker E.J. Henderson was lost for the season. Luckily, Ben Leber picked up the slack...

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Leber proves real leader on defense

Leber is a great guy and football player. He seems like a smart player, and he always seems to have a knack of being in the right place to the right time.
    I didn't know about his stats before I read the article, but it definitely supports my opinion.
    Leber is tied for the NFL lead with four fumble recoveries and has broken up 11 passes, one shy of Matt Blair's team record by a linebacker set in 1981. Leber already has set a career high with six takeaways, to go along with 68 tackles and nine quarterback hurries.
    That's even better than I imagined. Pretty good considering Leber doesn't even get on the field as much as many of the other players on defense (well... perhaps now since E.J. Henderson got injured)

Leber is way underrated. Greenway had a pro bowl season this year and E.J. Henderson is one if the best mikes in the league. Our linebacking corps is gonna be great next season!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"HEY" wrote:
    Leber is a great guy and football player. He seems like a smart player, and he always seems to have a knack of being in the right place to the right time.
    I didn't know about his stats before I read the article, but it definitely supports my opinion.
    Leber is tied for the NFL lead with four fumble recoveries and has broken up 11 passes, one shy of Matt Blair's team record by a linebacker set in 1981. Leber already has set a career high with six takeaways, to go along with 68 tackles and nine quarterback hurries.
    That's even better than I imagined. Pretty good considering Leber doesn't even get on the field as much as many of the other players on defense (well... perhaps now since E.J. Henderson got injured)

Leber is way underrated. Greenway had a pro bowl season this year and E.J. Henderson is one if the best mikes in the league. Our linebacking corps is gonna be great next season!!

I also have always felt that Leber was underated as a player.
    I really loved when we picked him up from the Chargers.
    I'm also suprised that our LBing Corps have played so solid since our loss of EJ, I thought that EJ's loss was going to hurt us alot more than it has.
    As you state, I can only imagine how good we will be next year, when EJ returns.
    Can you say NASTY!

SKOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"HEY" wrote:

Leber always seems to be around the ball. I really like this guy...quietly efficient, hard hitter, smart, nose for the ball, exactly what I think a good LB should be. He's been a very pleasant surprise for me.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Forever Vikings is offline Training Camp

For whatever reason, I think Leber is having an off year. He seems like he use to be better. Not to point any fingers, but on that touchdown our D gave up on Sunday he missed TWO teackles on ONE play. However, his value as a leader is worth it, because those stats that were shown prove his nose for the ball.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Forever" wrote:
    For whatever reason, I think Leber is having an off year. He seems like he use to be better. Not to point any fingers, but on that touchdown our D gave up on Sunday he missed TWO teackles on ONE play. However, his value as a leader is worth it, because those stats that were shown prove his nose for the ball.
    I wouldn't go by one play to consider someone's season.
    He has had a very solid year.
    If we were to go by that then AP is doing terrible.
    He's had several fumbles in the same game.

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

Kansas State boy right there... the big 12 has been good to this team

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:

I also have always felt that Leber was underated as a player.

I really loved when we picked him up from the Chargers.
    I'm also suprised that our LBing Corps have played so solid since our loss of EJ, I thought that EJ's loss was going to hurt us alot more than it has.
    As you state, I can only imagine how good we will be next year, when EJ returns.
    Can you say NASTY!

SKOL
    oh amen to that .... our LB corps is going to full on nasty - even more than now. There are going to be some very sorry RBs getting their butts handed back to them
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...