Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Leber hopes to stay, but ...

Leber's real goal is to remain in Minnesota, but the Vikings haven't negotiated with any of their potential free agents because of the labor uncertainty. Leber has played in 78 of a possible 79 games since joining the Vikings and remains a very productive player. The South Dakota native is eighth on the team with 46 tackles and also has an interception, three pass breakups, a fumble recovery and a forced fumble.

"I would love to stay here," he said. "I've been as vocal as I can about that. How happy I am here. [My family is] going to put our roots here regardless of where I play for the next few years. Of course, I'd love to be here, but if not, it is a business and I can go elsewhere as well."

To bad we can't keep em all. My guess, Ben will be playing someplace else, unless of course he accepts some sort of low ball offer.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Leber hopes to stay, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1082660
    Leber's real goal is to remain in Minnesota, but the Vikings haven't negotiated with any of their potential free agents because of the labor uncertainty. Leber has played in 78 of a possible 79 games since joining the Vikings and remains a very productive player. The South Dakota native is eighth on the team with 46 tackles and also has an interception, three pass breakups, a fumble recovery and a forced fumble.

"I would love to stay here," he said. "I've been as vocal as I can about that. How happy I am here. [My family is] going to put our roots here regardless of where I play for the next few years. Of course, I'd love to be here, but if not, it is a business and I can go elsewhere as well."

To bad we can't keep em all. My guess, Ben will be playing someplace else, unless of course he accepts some sort of low ball offer.
    I would hate to see Leber go, but if it means we save enough money to resign Longwell, all will be good in Vikingland.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1082779

I would hate to see Leber go, but if it means we save enough money to resign Longwell, all will be good in Vikingland.
    That would be alright as long as we keep Farwell too.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Far be it from me to cast any aspersions on Leber, whom I consider to be a solid player and contributor on the Vikings....

But honestly, what IS the market value of a 32 year old linebacker who has never sniffed a Pro Bowl? I don't know if a "low ball offer" is called for...I would think simply offering Leber a market value deal shouldn't be all that costly to the Vikings, and I can't imagine there being a great clamoring around the league for his services at 32. I'm not sure what he is being paid now, but his next deal might actually be for less money, or just a nominal raise (say, 10%).
    SKOL VIKINGS!

You, my friend, are the trickiest of all trickies.......LOL, well played. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1082783

That would be alright as long as we keep Farwell too.
    OK, you and my good friend Marshallvike just got elevated to your own special special spreadsheet my friend.

JK, well played.:laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by "purplepat" #1083216
    Far be it from me to cast any aspersions on Leber, whom I consider to be a solid player and contributor on the Vikings....

But honestly, what IS the market value of a 32 year old linebacker who has never sniffed a Pro Bowl? I don't know if a "low ball offer" is called for...I would think simply offering Leber a market value deal shouldn't be all that costly to the Vikings, and I can't imagine there being a great clamoring around the league for his services at 32. I'm not sure what he is being paid now, but his next deal might actually be for less money, or just a nominal raise (say, 10%).
    I think you could almost say "Fair Market Value" and "Low ball offer" mean one in the same. Atleast I would equate one as to mean the other.

Problem with Ben is, it will be his last payday. Is he comfortable with his level at the bank or will he, like most players in his situation (i.e. CT) want to make that one last payday?

If he is, "Fair Market Value" and "Low Ball Offer" are probably not what he is looking for in a contract.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083221

I think you could almost say "Fair Market Value" and "Low ball offer" mean one in the same. Atleast I would equate one as to mean the other.

Problem with Ben is, it will be his last payday. Is he comfortable with his level at the bank or will he, like most players in his situation (i.e. CT) want to make that one last payday?

If he is, "Fair Market Value" and "Low Ball Offer" are probably not what he is looking for in a contract.
    I think he will be replaced. There are going to be some surprises as to who leaves and who remains after this season.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1083260
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083221

I think he will be replaced. There are going to be some surprises as to who leaves and who remains after this season.
    I won't be suprised. I'm prepared for a mass exodus.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

We need to find a place for Brinkley so maybe he can slide into lebers spot and since he is in his first contract that will save us a little dough. We could also put farwell in there and probably not see a drop in production too.

We are going to lose a bunch of players but fortunately Childress had so much talent stockpiled that we more than likely won't even know they are gone except by the money we are saving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast