singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Leber & Greenway share bond on, off field

[size=13pt]South Dakota natives share bond on, off field[/size]

Leber a role model for Greenway

By Terry Vandrovec
    tvandrovec@argusleader.com
    Published: August 4, 2007

MANKATO, Minn. - The air horn blows, shattering any calm that developed during a comfortably warm morning practice at Minnesota Vikings training camp this week....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Leber & Greenway share bond on, off field

Good article, but what I found most interesting was the comments by readers at the end of the article.
    Virtually all of them said the Vikings would stink again. I've never seen as much of this in past year. The coach, the team, the owner...well they all stink according to the seemingly majority of the fans. It makes you wonder if the majority of Vikes fans are just "fair-weather" fans.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Good article, but what I found most interesting was the comments by readers at the end of the article.
    Virtually all of them said the Vikings would stink again. I've never seen as much of this in past year. The coach, the team, the owner...well they all stink according to the seemingly majority of the fans. It makes you wonder if the majority of Vikes fans are just "fair-weather" fans.
    Thats one thing I want the vikings to do this season is prove everyone wrong. I think we will be fine this year but from what im hearing 70%+ people think we will fail. heartbreaking but im not going to let it get to me

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Probably a bunch of '98ers.

IMO, There are too many fans still bitter over the Moss trade, Culpepper trade & the failure to bring in a big name veteran player in the QB & WR positions, that they tend to hate on the team & look solely at the negatives.

Winning will change that. They just don't have the patience to wait.

You can't write off the team, Jackson or the receivers as "they stink" until they have actually played some games this year & have written themselves off.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Nice article. I like to hear stories like this. The more the team gels, the better they should be. I'm sure playing next to people you are good friends with makes you play better at least in my mind.

ForceOfNorse is offline Starter

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I wouldn't say that.
    I grew up reading the sports section of that Sioux Falls, SD paper.
    I'd say that most people in SD that I've met are just as die hard Vikings fans, as I am.

Every time the subject comes up about who's my team, I just tell people that I've been bleeding purple for all 36 years of my life!

vikesD is offline Rookie

I moved out to the East coast in 1988 and I`m still bleeding purple. The Patriot fans are killing me this year with the Moss crap. As far as most people are concerned might as well not play the season just give Moss and Brady the title now.

I on the other hand think the vikes are doing the right things to win. Smash mouth football. line up and push them backwards into the endzone on both sides of the ball.

Sorry got off the subject. Great story about Ben and Chad.