Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

League Outs Jimmy Kennedy as Bounty Whistleblower

The lengthy memorandum issued by the NFL to all teams on Tuesday regarding the re-issued discipline in the Saints bounty scandal identifies former Vikings defensive lineman Jimmy Kennedy as the person who originally told former Vikings coach Brad Childress in early 2010 that the Saints had a bounty on former Vikings quarterback Brett Favre in the 2009 NFC title game.
    League outs Jimmy Kennedy as 2010 whistleblower, Kennedy denies it | ProFootballTalk

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Interesting

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    League outs Jimmy Kennedy as 2010 whistleblower, Kennedy denies it
    Wasn't it obvious from watching the NFCC game that the Saints had bounties set or at least "remove from game" orders for Favre?

I suspect other teams do similar things as well. Does anyone believe all of those knee shots to Adrian Peterson by Packers DBs were by pure chance?

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    League outs Jimmy Kennedy? He's ga....(not that theres anything wrong with that) oh wait the whistle blower well they still shouldn't out someone that doesn't want out. Wonder if this will be used in the Jeremy Shockey suing Warren Sapp for outing him as the whistle blower over the bounty system.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Former Vikings DL Jimmy Kennedy denies claims NFL says he made in New Orleans Saints bounty scandal

Former Vikings DL Jimmy Kennedy denies claims NFL says he made in New Orleans Saints bounty scandal - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't like the idea that Goodell released his name. Personally I don't like him as a commissioner and don't think he is good for the league

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I don't like the idea that Goodell released his name. Personally I don't like him as a commissioner and don't think he is good for the league
    Outside of a few good things, I agree with you. How many players do you think will come forward now & whistle blow/provide Goodell info on illegal activities after pointing the finger at Kennedy? I'm certain it changes how team mates may look at you in regards to trust & respect & throws a damper into how many teams will actually sign you to a contract after that, depending on the situation.

Granted, Kennedy is probably done playing football, but that may not be the case in future situations.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    From the article is sounds like he told Childress, and Chilly was the one that told Goodell.

WWBGD

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    From the article is sounds like he told Childress, and Chilly was the one that told Goodell.
    That the feeling I got and now Childress doesn't want to talk about it now that he's with the Browns...."Jimmy? Oh great tightend...think he's retired.....Kennedy?...Ah shot in Dallas....Bounty.....Bligh?... Farve?.... Did he call, should I go see him, will he play for the Browns?....I mean its all very fluid here we have our starter but Brett's got my number"

well not really but more like this

ďI just look at it in the rearview mirror. I donít even know what Jimmyís doing at this point in time. Is he on a team somewhere? I know he was on the (New York) Giants most recently, last year. Once again, I havenít really been following it.Ē
    LINK

Last edited by vikinggreg; 10-13-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    That the feeling I got and now Childress doesn't want to talk about it now that he's with the Browns...."Jimmy? Oh great tightend...think he's retired.....Kennedy?...Ah shot in Dallas....Bounty.....Bligh?... Farve?.... Did he call, should I go see him, will he play for the Browns?....I mean its all very fluid here we have our starter but Brett's got my number"

well not really but more like this

LINK

Childress is probably also the one who provided Goodell with further evidence in the Favre-penis-cell phone incident....

"Hey Rodger, Brett sent me a pic of his penis too, only my text read, "Suck this Dickhead!"."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast