Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Leader on Defense

I realize that is what is projected. And DT should do a good job at weakside--I wish the Packers had him. And, Henderson too for that matter.

I see the future defense of the Vikings not a transitional year but, the long term future as DT weakside then moving to strong and E.J. in the middle. I think Nattiel is pretty good too as is Smith.

Don't expect the Vikings to keep Claiborne for more than this year and next he'll be religated to backup when the Vikes cut him.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Leader on Defense

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    I realize that is what is projected. And DT should do a good job at weakside--I wish the Packers had him. And, Henderson too for that matter.

I see the future defense of the Vikings not a transitional year but, the long term future as DT weakside then moving to strong and E.J. in the middle. I think Nattiel is pretty good too as is Smith.

Don't expect the Vikings to keep Claiborne for more than this year and next he'll be religated to backup when the Vikes cut him.

I do see DT eventually moving to SAM, but we need a LB with some experience and claiborne is that guy, and heis best at SAM for us. Whe both EJ and DT gets some experience, then we could very well move DT over to SAM like you say. He wouldbe a great weapon at SAM with his size and speed. Nattiel I think could become a good WILL as well. If EJ and DT do play well this year, i wouldn't mind seeing DT moved and nattiel starting. It would give us a very quick and athletic group of LB's.

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Leader on Defense

You said it. Speed KILLS! They would be a nasty group to deal with.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

Leader on Defense

Here's a direct quote from you, TexPack.

"Here's a tip for you punk--when and if ever in my presence move to your far left it will keep you out of the dumpster."

So who's the coward and who needs to learn manners?

Let me explain something to you, you are a packers fan on a Vikings forum. Don't come on here and think you can say anything you want and then get upset when someone doesn't agree with you when you glorify the packers.

Need an example? How about "God is a packers fan". Let me reiterate that this is Vikings forum, and the packers are our divisional rivals. If you want people to agree with you, then go to a packers forum. It's as simple as that.

Also, quit trying to get a rise out of people on this forum. I know it makes you feel all big and bad, but somehow that doesn't make sense since you are 6'8', 300 lbs .. lol.

So, if you want to talk football, which I know you can, that is fine. But don't pull a hissy fit whenever someone disagrees with you or has something positive to say about the Vikings, or negative to say about the packers. Deal with it or get out.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Leader on Defense

I actually could see Lesnar becoming line backer for the Vikes eventually if he makes the grade as a pro. He certainly has the size and the speed for the postiion. Maybe 3 yrs down the road.

WWBGD

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Leader on Defense

"RK" wrote:
    I actually could see Lesnar becoming line backer for the Vikes eventually if he makes the grade as a pro. He certainly has the size and the speed for the postiion. Maybe 3 yrs down the road.

The only LB that is 290 lbs that I have ever even seen was levon kirkland and he just got fat. Brock only runs a 4.7 40 and that realy isn't very fast for todays LB's. Maybe MLB, but even that is a huge stretch. I think instead of DT being his main position that he should be a DE.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Leader on Defense

Our defense is really set up to be a force in the upcoming years. The defensive line with Hovan, Williams, Udeze....and Mixon's pretty good....and the LB's with Henderson, Claiborne, and DT. It's a great young core that the Vikings can continually build upon and eventually I think the defense will become one of the best in the league if we continue in this direction.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Leader on Defense

The only LB that is 290 lbs that I have ever even seen was levon kirkland and he just got fat. Brock only runs a 4.7 40 and that realy isn't very fast for todays LB's. Maybe MLB, but even that is a huge stretch. I think instead of DT being his main position that he should be a DE.
    Yeah I suppose DE makes more sense. I was figuring that his speed will increase with training camp and he may even drop a few pounds. However he certainly has the attitude for LB.

WWBGD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123