Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Leader on Defense

I saw the post on here about Rod Woodson and think that he could be a leader but his years are behind him but having him work with the secondary. But I have to say Chavous will be the leader
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Leader on Defense

When and where Neonate?? Lewisville is fine.

I would think if you know anything about football you may have heard of me. Not because I played for the Gophers but, because I virtually played in your own backyard. Several times I played at H.E.B. stadium in the high school playoffs, regional finals, and area championships.

You are a real sports idiot.

Will you need directions to get to Lewisville? I have a feeling you get lost quite a bit.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

Leader on Defense

Wow, TexPack, if I had only realized that you were up there with such local sports legends as Tommy Maddox! I'm sure everyone came just to see the big fat kid who always ran around the field with a big "plumbers crack".

So lets run through some TexPack facts:

1. He is 6'8' and weighs approximately 300 pounds. Probably the most unproportionate football player I have ever heard of.

2. He lives in Texas, played college ball at University of Minnesota, and his favorite team is the packers?

3. He claims, "God is a packers fan", and gets angry when people say otherwise.

And no, I won't need directions to Lewisville. I wouldn't have chosen that location if I didn't know where it was at genius.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Leader on Defense

So, When and Where. I really want to end this like men.

WTF, are you suggesting the DFW metroplex doesn't have great prep sports? Where are you really from? Mars?

Wear something purple.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Leader on Defense

Fighting over the internet...you're both morons :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Leader on Defense

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    I agree with the comments about leadership within each unit.

My favorites are: Williams DL
    Claiborne LB (I think E.J. takes his job eventually)
    Winfield DB

Typically, LBs run the D huddle. Claiborne is in Viking's land for one reason to provide experience, leadership, and not let less experienced players get fooled. His best playing days are behind him. The Vikings knew that when they signed him that he didn't have much upside. I think he's too heavy and slow. Look for E.J. to take over by week 6. He was a monster in college.
    Whoa. I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, but did Chris Claiborne suddenly age like an extra 5 years? The guy is in his prime now, he's only, what, 26? And he and EJ have different jobs. Claiborn plays SAM and EJ plays MIKE.

You sir, are a dumbass.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Leader on Defense

I'm just trying to meet this guy and teach him some manners. He is a coward as you can see.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Leader on Defense

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    I'm just trying to meet this guy and teach him some manners. He is a coward as you can see.

I wouldn't have called you names, but he is right. Claiborne plays SAM and EJ is our MIKE. Also claiborne isn't heavy at all, you are thinking of 2 years ago when he played for the lions. If you would have seen claiborne play the first half of last season, before he got injured, you would have seen how much of a playmaker he was. His play tailed off a ton at the end of the season, but that is because he had 3 injuries. When healthy claiborne is a very good LB.

Leader on Defense

Gee, VikemanX I hate when people try to confuse things by using such technical football lingo as "Sam" and "Mike". That almost proves your brilliance!

Claiborne wasn't the player that Detroit expected so, they let him go. Don't rewrite history. Claiborne is 26 you are correct. He is NOT a true Strongside backer.
    The kid you drafted Donterrious Thomas will fit that role better. E.J. Henderson is the future at middle he has speed can pursue sideline to sideline and apply pressure up the middle if called on to do so. especially with Williams at 3 tech.

Are you suggesting for a minute Henderson can not play the middle? Anyway, the board question was about leadership. I said Claiborne then, Henderson will take over. How many years of school did you complete? READ.
    I know this gets confusing because it doesn't match what is programmed into your Madden 2005 video game and your all emotional about your vikes and all. The true Vikings football fans here can see that that is the future and they will agree with what I am saying.
    And you call me a dumbass?http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1529184.html

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Leader on Defense

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    Gee, VikemanX I hate when people try to confuse things by using such technical football lingo as "Sam" and "Mike". That almost proves your brilliance!

Claiborne wasn't the player that Detroit expected so, they let him go. Don't rewrite history. Claiborne is 26 you are correct. He is NOT a true Strongside backer.
    The kid you drafted Donterrious Thomas will fit that role better. E.J. Henderson is the future at middle he has speed can pursue sideline to sideline and apply pressure up the middle if called on to do so. especially with Williams at 3 tech.

Are you suggesting for a minute Henderson can not play the middle? Anyway, the board question was about leadership. I said Claiborne then, Henderson will take over. How many years of school did you complete? READ.
    I know this gets confusing because it doesn't match what is programmed into your Madden 2005 video game and your all emotional about your vikes and all. The true Vikings football fans here can see that that is the future and they will agree with what I am saying.
    And you call me a dumbass?

EJ is our staring MLB, claiborne is our starting strong side LB and dontarrious is our weakside LB. This is where there are all best to play and will stay. Dontarrious isn't best to play strongside over claiborne. DT's speed is needed at weakside. While claiborne isn't slow, he doesn't have near the speed of DT. EJ is too young though, to be a leader. He needs to play for a year or 2 before that will happen. Claiborne will be the leader of the LB's unless he gets hurt again, then newman will have to stpe in and be the guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast