Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LB corp

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

LB corp

EJ Henderson just had surgery, but Tice and co. are confident he will be ready when training camp opens ... am i the only one scared by this??? ... our backup to EJ is max yates ... someone i've never even heard of despite being a hardcore vike fan!! if anything happened to EJ, we'd be screwed

our depth at the will and sam backers looks pretty thin too ... claiborne is coming off a surgery and we still have a rookie and second // third year players starting for us

now i'm as optimistic as the next guy, but i'm starting to get worried here and i think we should get a cap casualty ... maybe a veteran like pitssburgh's jason gildon or washington's jeramiah trotter can come play OLB for us and being leadership to our young corp

on defense, we're set at the defensive line position and the secondary ... now it's time to update the linebacking corp ... the past two years under tice, we've bought in veteran leadership in biekert and claiborne and hopefully the trend will continue this year

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

LB corp

Having had a partially torn miniscus, I can say that his knee will, unless he is the recipient of a miracle, never be the same again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

LB corp

depth is definitely thin, which is why we should pick up a June 1st casualty.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

LB corp

Yeah the Vikes do need more depth at LB, that was one of the glaring problems last year with our pathetic run defense. But I think that aside from maybe a short contract with a cap casualty free agent this summer, the team probably won't do much more. We have to hope EJ's injury doesn't hinder him too much and that Dontarrious Thomas excels enough to be a solid backup and get some playing time, maybe even start down the road.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

eelpout72 is offline Starter

LB corp

why hasnt Gildon or Trotter been released already so that we can pick them up? It almost June 2nd. ok, so i guess that im being a bit impatient. Since the draft, i havent been getting my Vikings "fix" and am getting bored...

Big Daddy is offline Starter

LB corp

Trotter would be nice, but I think we would be ok even if we didn't get him. Signing a mid level free agent is always risky and hopefully if we do sign one it will work out for the best!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

LB corp

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Yeah the Vikes do need more depth at LB, that was one of the glaring problems last year with our pathetic run defense. But I think that aside from maybe a short contract with a cap casualty free agent this summer, the team probably won't do much more. We have to hope EJ's injury doesn't hinder him too much and that Dontarrious Thomas excels enough to be a solid backup and get some playing time, maybe even start down the road.

Dontarrious is expected to be our starter at weakside, by the time the season starts. He is way way better than nattiel and will suprise a lot of you guys that don't know much about him. I am really glad we got him and not DJ williams in the first round. I had dontarrious rated behind vilma, and tied with his auburn teammate, dansby, for second at the LB position. I think dontarrious will be a better LB in the NFL, than DJ will. Mark my words here guys. I say this not because he is a viking, but from what i saw of him in college. I have been talking to a lot of packers fans, on a packers site, and they hate that we got him. They all agree with me that he is gonna be a damn good LB, and that should say something. Now, the question is, can he come in and be effective right away? After watching all the rookies that came into the league, and played great last season(especially all of the patriots rookies that contributed), we have no reason to believe he won't. He is a very smart guy, who plays with a ton of passion. He is young yes, but in todays game, that doesn't seem to be an excuse any more.

As far as EJ, anytime someone has a knee injury, I get worried too. It doesn't matter how minor it is, I always get scared. This might be a reason why we are so interested in trotter. He could fill in at MLB for EJ, or at strong side for claiborne. We also have dontarrious, who could definately play MLB as well, which is another thing that attracted the vikes to him.

I am also worried about our LB situation right now, but I like the guys we have and am thrilled to hear we want trotter as well. I think it will all work itself out and we will be fine at LB. I remember last offseason, I and many other vikes fans, were worried about our safety situation. We ended up having a pro bowl SS, and another that could have made the pro bowl and did lead the league in int's. It is different around here now, than it was when denny was here, Tice seems pretty good at finding talent on the d side of the ball.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

LB corp

"eelpout72" wrote:
    why hasnt Gildon or Trotter been released already so that we can pick them up? It almost June 2nd. ok, so i guess that im being a bit impatient. Since the draft, i havent been getting my Vikings "fix" and am getting bored...
    Players have to be on the roster on June first in order for teams to disperse the salary cap hit for a player they release. Sometimes teams will announce who is going to be cut, but it never officially happes until June 2nd. This is according to John Clayton, on ESPN radio. In other words, all the fun starts today.

johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

LB corp

I think Trotter was released yesterday!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

LB corp

We need to pursue Trotter badly, but that's just my opinion!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast