Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Lawrence Taylor on Vikes:

Clearly I have always been level-headed and open-minded with my opinions of Tice. That being said, I take LT's side on this one. Tice might not have what it takes to be a head coach in this league.

All kidding aside, Fred has made the best point so far. I don't know how comfortable we'd all be hiring a coach with only college experience like Miami has, but someone will come in and turn these guys around.

[color=red]

I'm with LT and Mensa. And Mensa-Tice is a great name with the little clapping picture. We have insane talent and are 1-4. That means they probably will have to win 9 out of their next 11 to win the division. Here's how I broke it down after the Bungles butt-punished us....

Saints W
    Falcons L
    Bears L
    Packers W
    Panthers L
    Lions W
    Giants L
    Packers W
    Browns W
    Lions W
    Rams W
    Steelers W
    Ravens L
    Bears W

Lets pretend Tice is capable of a winning streak again!

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I'm curious to see who the Vikes get as coach next year....Good post.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Ditka!
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    I'm curious to see who the Vikes get as coach next year....Good post.
    Prediction; if it isn't Linehan.... Billick

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ConnecticutViking" wrote:
    The players don't respect Tice, neither do the fans. He couldn't control Moss last year and now he has lost control of the whole team! Some coaches have it, Tice doesn't. As far as LT's coments, if a player needs incentive to in week 16 or 17, then what the hell is he doing in the NFL? I mean isn't it enough that these guys get paid big bucks to play a kids game! This is why they are called professionals, do you think a doctor needs a pep talk after in hour 4 or a 5 hour surgery? Think about it.
    Yes, DRs do perform at a high level. But DRs don't perform in front of fans (I sure hope there is no one on here that is going to scrutinize a Dr on how he removed his spleen, unless you are a DR but other DRs don't even do that to a DR) and DRs aren't competing against another person of the same talent and similar will. The person the Dr is competing against, wants the Dr to win.

I think he was just saying, you have to keep the guys on the field focused.

You are talking about a team facing another team. The one with the most focus and the most will, will win. Good coaches can give that extra will and then it is up to the players to believe and play to their potential, or above in some cases.

Coaches matter. I have been on teams that had absolutely the worst coaches in the world. A coach has to know what he is talking about and lead by example to get players to push themselves the extra mile or go into the battlefield (BTW, I think KG got toasted last year for his Battle comments, we are all sitting on our couches watching video game adds for Guns and Hummers simulating war activities and we just take it and don't say anything cause there isn't any face directly related to it for us to toast that individual).

Del Rio Guest

I would assume that LT having played in the NFL knows something about it. I bet it is pretty easy for those guys to lose focus, all that money, all that time away from their families traveling and such.

I bet it is very easy to lose focus.

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm sorry, I watched Lawerence Taylor ( Greatest Linebacker Of All Time )as well on ( Stephen A) and I thought the guy was right on...He even looked like he didn't want to say it on National Television but he did and I'm also sorry to say, I agree........The guy is a Hall of Famer....I think he knows good coaching when he sees it, or when he doesn't.......

SamDawg84 Guest

yeah!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I would assume that LT having played in the NFL knows something about it. I bet it is pretty easy for those guys to lose focus, all that money, all that time away from their families traveling and such.

I bet it is very easy to lose focus.
    It is not only easy to lose focus, but it is easy to get lost, or think that you CAN get lost amongst the other players.

People take plays off and they can if that is their mentality. They can tell themselves, "oh no one will see if I put half an effort forward," unless they are motivated.

Back to the Dr analogy, he is individually responsible for his actions. He is the equivalent to the Coach and the Player. He provides his own leadership, and he plays every play. Players are told what to do and what is expected of them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast