Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest Rumors

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Latest Rumors

I'm not for running back by committee. I think that has been a problem the last couple of years. There should be a #1 back so that person can get into a rythem of a game. Whether the back be MB, MW, MeMo, or C4, there needs to be a main back. According to Tice, right now, MB is the starter. I wouldn't mind a back to come in and take MB's place. As far as just adding for convenience, I'm not for that.

I agree, first of all we need ONE back to take the weight of the game, that will give him the pace and the ritm that has been lacking!
    Vikings from all over the world. Lets unite!

My girlfriend dumped me cause she said i was to coward and didnt like to take risks!! BUT THIS TIME i will take a risk and decide on one back!! I will just wait till january to transmite my decision to you all!

hihihi
    Vikings from all over the world. Lets unite!

BurlCurl is offline Waterboy

i red that we were going to relese chavous

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"BurlCurl" wrote:
    i red that we were going to relese chavous
    link?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"ejmat" wrote:
    I agree Troy. They add depth but what are we really going to use any of them for? Everyone of them are old and injury prone. We will be in the same predicament we were in last year except we won't have Smith. Whether or not we want to admit it, that is a big loss. If he would have been our main back, he would give us what we need in a back. MB has a lot to prove for me to think he is our featured back. At this point he's not there.

I'm hoping with Kleinsasser back, it will open up more holes for Bennett so he doesn't have to studder step in the backfield. That's what gets him in trouble. His indecisiveness.

At this point in time I think our best STARTER is Moe Williams. For the people that don't agree with me, find his stats when he starts vs. when he doesn't. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Is he a feature back? No! However, the man gets it done. 80 ypg rushing and 40-50 receiving coming out of the backfield isn't bad fellas.

More improtant, look at our winning percentage when Moe starts. That tells you something. Our winning percentage when Bennett starts is dismal.

Sorry but Moe is more injury prone then bennett and MM are, as a starter. Since they are all injury prone, then I would take MM over the 3, because he proved last year he can get 150+ combined yards a game consistently.

I think we are stuck yet again with splitting the carries(yuck!). Bennett will be the main feature back though, much like he was in his pro bowl year. I'm sure he will run a ton of power sweeps with jimmy K back and leave the inside running to moe, MM and even fason. Bennett will get some screen passes here and there, but moe and MM will be our primary 3rd down receiving backs.

I think we are fine at RB, provided we don't overuse bennett and get him hurt again. He clealry isn't gonna be able to carry the load. We just need to get fason some experience early in the year and he is definitely gonna be our future feature RB, no later than the beginning of next season and sooner if bennett gets hurt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123