Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Rumors

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Latest Rumors

Any new news on anyone or anything since RW was signed? Seems like the Vikings are being quiet now. I just hope they don't sign any of the ones Tice spoke about in that one article.

vikingdude82 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Latest Rumors

"ejmat" wrote:
    Any new news on anyone or anything since RW was signed? Seems like the Vikings are being quiet now. I just hope they don't sign any of the ones Tice spoke about in that one article.
    Wouldn't doubt it, knowing how Tice is these days.

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

Link to that "one article" please.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

From the sounds of Tice, we are just looking for a veteran backup RB and a possible return guy. Both of those might be covered with a chad morton signing. I don't really see any other signings happening, at least any of significance. This is of course, if B-will and chavous are gonna join the team again.

Whats if get Alexander, I don't think we'll have him for returning kicks, who would we get rid of?

"vikingdude82" wrote:
    Whats if get Alexander, I don't think we'll have him for returning kicks, who would we get rid of?

Sorry, but Tice isn't trying to get alexander. Tice is happy with bennett and what he has shown this offseason. Bennett will be the starter, but I am sure we won't overuse him, to ensure he stays healthy. MM, moe, and fason will all get touches, keeping bennett fresh and hopefully healthy for all 16+ games. If this happens, watch for another 1300+ yard season from bennett. He'll break some long Td runs on the power sweep again, with big jimmy back and is always a danger to take a screen pass to the house. We don't have a true feature back, except for fason who isn't ready yet, but we are fine at RB and Tice has said this many times lately, with exception of a vet backup RB that is.

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "vikingdude82" wrote:

Sorry, but Tice isn't trying to get alexander. Tice is happy with bennett and what he has shown this offseason. Bennett will be the starter, but I am sure we won't overuse him, to ensure he stays healthy. MM, moe, and fason will all get touches, keeping bennett fresh and hopefully healthy for all 16+ games. If this happens, watch for another 1300+ yard season from bennett. He'll break some long Td runs on the power sweep again, with big jimmy back and is always a danger to take a screen pass to the house. We don't have a true feature back, except for fason who isn't ready yet, but we are fine at RB and Tice has said this many times lately, with exception of a vet backup RB that is.
    I asked what if.

"vikingdude82" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "vikingdude82" wrote:

I asked what if.

Sorry, but I don't deal in what if's, because then you start thinking it might happen, which then leads to getting your hopes up, which leads to disappointment when it doesn't happen. :cry:

From a money standpoint, we won't trade for alexander. Sure we are fine for this season, but he would kill our cap after this year, and we have guys like McKinnie and burleson that we still have to sign to new long term deals coming up. There was a reason we traded up to get a guy like fason and that was because we expect him to be our every down feature back, no later than next season. I have predicted it will be sooner than that even, if we overuse bennett and get him hurt.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I haven't heard anything except the Chad Morton rumor. And I agree Smoot....no Alexander for the Vikes.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"duffVIkEs" wrote:
    Link to that "one article" please.
    Here's the part of it their talking about:

In his first public comments since Onterrio Smith's suspension, Vikings coach Mike Tice said he would welcome the player back next season but added the team might add a veteran running back in the meantime. The Vikings could pick from a handful of veterans, including Eddie George, Dorsey Levens, Garrison Hearst and Amos Zereoue.
    -- St. Paul Pioneer Press

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast