Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Last place the Vikings want to be is in last

Vikings interim coach Leslie Frazier has refused to say his team has lacked effort in losing its past two games to the Giants and Bears by a combined score of 61-17.

But the reality the Vikings face Wednesday as they begin preparations for Sunday night's game at NFC East-leading Philadelphia is that if their performance doesn't improve they stand to end up in a place this franchise isn't used to finishing.

Last in their division.

Just in case you missed it.........

Last in their division.
    Sad day my friends.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm torn on Leslie. I don't think he is the man for the job but I think he is the only one that can help keep alot of our players here instead of jumping ship and heading to greener pastures.

Such a shame to watch a young talented team get dismantled.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Last place the Vikings want to be is in last

I think we'll beat the Lions. To date this season the Vikings have not lost to a team with a losing record, and have not beat a team with a winning record. This team is a lot more average than many give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1085343
    I think we'll beat the Lions. To date this season the Vikings have not lost to a team with a losing record, and have not beat a team with a winning record. This team is a lot more average than many give them credit for.
    I think it will help that they lost Vbosh but Suh is a monster. Mix in the nice season Avril is having and it should be a good test for Sully, DeGeare and Cook.

For those that like to watch line play, that is were the game will be the most interesting.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I posted this once before, but it bears repeating.

If we lose againt Philly (which is likely), then the game against Detroit is a must win to avoid finishing last in the division, regardless of what Detroit does against Miami.

If we are both 5-10 going in, whoever wins will be 3rd
    If we are 5-10 and Det is 4-11, if we win we will be 3rd
    If we are 5-10 and Det is 4-11, if Det wins, we will both be 5-11, and Det wins on tiebreakers.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1085349
    I posted this once before, but it bears repeating.

If we lose againt Philly (which is likely), then the game against Detroit is a must win to avoid finishing last in the division, regardless of what Detroit does against Miami.

If we are both 5-10 going in, whoever wins will be 3rd
    If we are 5-10 and Det is 4-11, if we win we will be 3rd
    If we are 5-10 and Det is 4-11, if Det wins, we will both be 5-11, and Det wins on tiebreakers.
    Thanks NP.

1990 was along time ago but it still cuts like a knife. I am still pissed at Denny, but in the end, 1992 proved he was correct in his actions.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085342
    Vikings interim coach Leslie Frazier has refused to say his team has lacked effort in losing its past two games to the Giants and Bears by a combined score of 61-17.

But the reality the Vikings face Wednesday as they begin preparations for Sunday night's game at NFC East-leading Philadelphia is that if their performance doesn't improve they stand to end up in a place this franchise isn't used to finishing.

Last in their division.

Last in their division.
    Sad day my friends.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm torn on Leslie. I don't think he is the man for the job but I think he is the only one that can help keep alot of our players here instead of jumping ship and heading to greener pastures.

I haven't budged an inch off of my "Leslie Frazier might make a hreat HC...but not HERE" stance. And it has very little to do with player retention.

FWIW, if we get the right people in charge, the talent will stay.

I think this is who you're refering to:

- Brett Favre, QB, Age 40

- Sidney Rice, WR, Age 24

- Brian Robison, DE, Age 27

- Jayme Mitchell, DE, Age 26

- Pat Williams, DT, Age 37

- Chad Greenway, OLB, Age 27

- Ben Leber, OLB, Age 31

- Erin Henderson, OLB, Age 24 (restricted)

- Husain Abdullah, S, Age 25

- Ryan Longwell, K, Age 36

Of that list, Rice and Greenway are the "must sign" guys...and I'm a bit hesitant with regards to Rice.

Leber is a solid player, but aging, Robison is a nice depth guy, and Longwell has been solid.

Other than that, the rest are role players...guys we can replace.

And if you bring up Edwards or Jackson...I don't care if we keep either of them as niether one has been very impressive.

So, the "talent" issue becomes less about KEEPING it and more about FINDING and DEVELOPING it...

I don't know that Leslie can do that.

Caine

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Last in division after being one play away from the Superbowl. How the mighty have fallen
    We're bringing purple back.

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1085360

Last in their division.

Last in their division.
    Sad day my friends.

I haven't budged an inch off of my "Leslie Frazier might make a hreat HC...but not HERE" stance. And it has very little to do with player retention.

- Ben Leber, OLB, Age 31

Of that list, Rice and Greenway are the "must sign" guys...and I'm a bit hesitant with regards to Rice.

Leber is a solid player, but aging, Robison is a nice depth guy, and Longwell has been solid.

And if you bring up Edwards or Jackson...I don't care if we keep either of them as niether one has been very impressive.

So, the "talent" issue becomes less about KEEPING it and more about FINDING and DEVELOPING it...

Caine
    So for you its all about the starters huh? I guess that rings true if you look at the OL as they are the only position (other than QB) that doesn't rotate in and out.

Anyways, here is another look at it with the thought in mind of what the player provides to the team as a player and not just a starter....

17 Players can walk at the end of the year. Almost everyone of them are a current starter, have started at one point in thier career.
    Brett Favre 40 2011
    Tarvaris Jackson 27 2011
    Naufahu Tahi 28 2011
    Sidney Rice 24 2011
    Greg Lewis 30 2011
    Ryan Cook 27 2011
    Ray Edwards 25 2011
    Brian Robison 27 2011
    Pat Williams 37 2011
    Fred Evans 26 2011
    Chad Greenway 27 2011
    Ben Leber 31 2011
    Erin Henderson 24 2011
    Eric Frampton 26 2011
    Husain Abdullah 25 2011
    Lito Sheppard 29 2011
    Ryan Longwell 36 2011

The following 9 players should get deals done at the end of this year leading up to next year.
    Letroy Guion 23 2012
    E.J. Henderson 30 2012
    Jimmy Kennedy 30 2012
    John Sullivan 25 2012
    Visanthe Shiancoe 30 2012
    Jim Kleinsasser 33 2012
    Jeff Dugan 29 2012
    Heath Farwell 28 2012
    Greg Camarillo 28 2012

Thats 26 players (out of your 53 man roster) that expect to have a contract of some sort done this year (excluding a few). The ones that are sitting back in the 2013 and 2014 class will be watching with interest how the organization takes care of its own.

Say what you will with respect to your feelings about how important or unimportant they are to this team but you just can't loose that many players and still think you are going to maintain any kindof consistency on the field of play especially when you mix in how the ones that are left behind might percieve the actions taken by the FO pukes.

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1085372
    Last in division after being one play away from the Superbowl. How the mighty have fallen
    I did a thread shortly before the season started that listed how the loosing teams (from thier respective Championship game) did the following year.

It got kindof blown out of proportion by Midg cause I only went back 10 years and refused to mention the hate PUKERS in it, however, the data is still valid.

Its gonna be interesting to see what the Jets do/continue to do this year. So far the Bafooooooon has them still in the hunt but he is working real hard at messing that up. :laugh:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085376
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1085360

Last in their division.

Last in their division.
    Sad day my friends.

- Ben Leber, OLB, Age 31

Caine
    So for you its all about the starters huh? I guess that rings true if you look at the OL as they are the only position (other than QB) that doesn't rotate in and out.

Anyways, here is another look at it with the thought in mind of what the player provides to the team as a player and not just a starter....

17 Players can walk at the end of the year. Almost everyone of them are a current starter, have started at one point in thier career.
    Brett Favre 40 2011
    Tarvaris Jackson 27 2011
    Naufahu Tahi 28 2011
    Sidney Rice 24 2011
    Greg Lewis 30 2011
    Ryan Cook 27 2011
    Ray Edwards 25 2011
    Brian Robison 27 2011
    Pat Williams 37 2011
    Fred Evans 26 2011
    Chad Greenway 27 2011
    Ben Leber 31 2011
    Erin Henderson 24 2011
    Eric Frampton 26 2011
    Husain Abdullah 25 2011
    Lito Sheppard 29 2011
    Ryan Longwell 36 2011

The following 9 players should get deals done at the end of this year leading up to next year.
    Letroy Guion 23 2012
    E.J. Henderson 30 2012
    Jimmy Kennedy 30 2012
    John Sullivan 25 2012
    Visanthe Shiancoe 30 2012
    Jim Kleinsasser 33 2012
    Jeff Dugan 29 2012
    Heath Farwell 28 2012
    Greg Camarillo 28 2012

Thats 26 players (out of your 53 man roster) that expect to have a contract of some sort done this year (excluding a few). The ones that are sitting back in the 2013 and 2014 class will be watching with interest how the organization takes care of its own.

Say what you will with respect to your feelings about how important or unimportant they are to this team but you just can't loose that many players and still think you are going to maintain any kindof consistency on the field of play especially when you mix in how the ones that are left behind might percieve the actions taken by the FO pukes.
    And for every Free Agent that walks, you have the opportunity to sign another one.

Face it, we're a crap team right now. We can't really blame all of our woes on injury. We have to recognize that the CORE guys, the one's we were all so fired up on, have failed to perform.

That said, there are a handful of guys who haven't failed. Greenway and Leber head that list IMO. Rice is there, but with questions...is he durable enough? Can he reproduce his '09 season?

After that, it becomes a series of guys who can contribute, but the world doesn't stop turning if they're gone. So we sign the ones we can get VALUE from, and let the rest go.

We'll probably keep the DB's, because there's such a shortage of good ones. And Robison is a solid contributor.

But that also depends upon their asking price. Almost no one on that list is a deal breaker/must sign guy except Greenway.

So keeping Leslie on the assumption that he will be able to resign these guys is piling a mistake on top of a mistake.

Caine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast