Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LAST NIGHT

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

LAST NIGHT

To be optimistic, whenever a player continues his career on another team, he usually plays harder and better to show why he was a good signing and to prove himself to the fans as well.

Dont forget hes looking for some revenge on his old team as another reason he'll play decent when we play the pack.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

eclipse_2303 is offline Starter

LAST NIGHT

Sharper also had a bad knee. He didn't make Brian Russell look good Brett Favre did.

Del Rio Guest

LAST NIGHT

I don't like the pickup myself. I think it was a corner cutting deal, but anyway with that said.

Sharper played last season through an injury. The packers bashed him for getting hurt and he played hurt then when his numbers slump they say he is getting old or his game is slipping.

This is his make or break year IMO. If he is healthy he will be a great addition.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

LAST NIGHT

I hope you guys are right. Dont get me wrong, he is alot better than B.Russal but man did he look bad against minnesota. Also, he always seems to score a couple of touchdowns a season. We need that since it seems like our Corners never returns picks or fumbels for touchdown.

GBMiah is offline Rookie

LAST NIGHT

You gotta keep in mind that the defense was a mass of confusion late in the season. You may have seen several incidents where the secondary were arguing amongst themselves, sometimes violently. Slowik's scheme was just to complicated. Which resulted in all of our secondary (save Al Harris and Sharper at times) looking like jackholes. Compounded by the fact that Sharper missed several games and played sparingly in others and was generally hampered 2/3 of the season. Despite that he still had 4 int and scored 3 defensive TD's. It doesnt matter who you have in your secondary, if QB's have all the time in the world to throw your going to look bad, your going to be out of place and your going to look bad at times tackling. Such was the case this year as we had probably the poorest pass rush in recent memory.

Its not an excuse but playing injured changes your mental approach to how you tackle, which I think was part of the case atleast with Sharper. I remember several of those whiffs from that game, and you have to put atleast half of that credit on the Vikes amazing stable of backs as well.

He will be good for you guys (unfortunately) He's only 29 and he has a more proven surrounding cast and has the most interceptions in the league during the last 4 seasons. That and he has that leadership ability similiar that of Reggie White. And we all know how far that can take a unit.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

Re: LAST NIGHT

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    I know that I am a newbie and you oldtimers look down on us newbies starting threads but I just had to share this.
    I was up late lastnight watching the playoff game between the vikes and the packers and I must admit Darren Sharper looked horrible. I actually watched the game just to see how he plays but man I tell you, he made brian russel look like Ed Reed. I hope Ted Cotrell knows what he is doing because D.Sharper looked BAD and he just might be the weakest link of our defense. He needs to work on his tackling drills and he never made it in time when the ball was passed over the top. He was responsible for the first moss touchdown and the burleson touch down. He was always two steps behind and he must have missed at least 6 tackles. I dont really think picking him up was a good decision. I wish we could have gotten D.Darius :scratch:
    sharper was playing with a injury.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

LAST NIGHT

"Caine" wrote:
    Sharper looked bad because he was trying to play 4 positions at once.

Harris was too busy braiding his hair, Carroll was too busy dry-humping the receivers legs, and Roman was too busy wondering what color he'd be wearing next year. Sharper was the ONLY one even remotely in the game.

Now that he's left GB, he can focus on playing only HIS position.

Caine
    yeah he was trying to help out the other positions cause those players were so bad. i saw sharper helping out the right cornerback that got beat by moss cause the packers are awful
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

LAST NIGHT

Sharper is better than Russell in the first place, and also Sharper didn't have a whole lotta help back there. The Vikes have two very good corners now, so he won't be on as much of an island.

Del Rio Guest

LAST NIGHT

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    Sharper looked bad because he was trying to play 4 positions at once.

Harris was too busy braiding his hair, Carroll was too busy dry-humping the receivers legs, and Roman was too busy wondering what color he'd be wearing next year. Sharper was the ONLY one even remotely in the game.

Now that he's left GB, he can focus on playing only HIS position.

Caine
    yeah he was trying to help out the other positions cause those players were so bad. i saw sharper helping out the right cornerback that got beat by moss cause the packers are awful
    Exactly what happened to our safties last year, and yet no one gives them any slack

JohnnyBGoode is offline Rookie

LAST NIGHT

i love how u all love sharper now lol stupid vikings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast