Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Kyle Rudolph thread

Guess we feel our D is set. Welcome back Phat Pat
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I was never really that sold on Shank anyway so in the end this pick is OK if we can somehow get something for him in a trade after the draft is over.

To me it is starting to look like the FO is going to purge many of the Chillers guys and start to mold the team into one that bears their identity.

This probably triggers the beginning of some wholesale changes to the roster as they rebuilt it with talent they want.

delviking is offline Starter

i hadnt thought of it that way, but could be very true.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

He's not replacing anyone. Think about if for a sec people. Rookie QB that will continue to run the same 22 set Offense we saw under the Chiller and Bevs.

What do you need to help that Rookie run that.

A RB that can run it all day who has a big workhorse behind him to take some of the reps off of him.

Next best weapon after that is a inline TE who can not only run block but get into a route as well. Neither Dugan or Sauce can do that. The are blockers who catch a ball once in a while.

Nope, this guy is gonna give Shanc reps off.

Long story short,.........Get ready for

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN mixed in with short/dink/dunk passing with a few high precision/high percentage time passes across the middle to the short and intermediate zones as well as a TE in the seam.

Just beefing up the boys that will be taking a beating in that scheme my friends.

Damn fine pick, but just don't think they needed to address the need here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095443
    He's not replacing anyone. Think about if for a sec people. Rookie QB that will continue to run the same 22 set Offense we saw under the Chiller and Bevs.

A RB that can run it all day who has a big workhorse behind him to take some of the reps off of him.

Next best weapon after that is a inline TE who can not only run block but get into a route as well. Neither Dugan or Sauce can do that. The are blockers who catch a ball once in a while.

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN mixed in with short/dink/dunk passing with a few high precision/high percentage time passes across the middle to the short and intermediate zones as well as a TE in the seam.

Just beefing up the boys that will be taking a beating in that scheme my friends.

Marr,
    I have been screaming for for 2nd TE for years. Think about it. It's the direction the league is going into.
    1) We had offense spreading the ball out and they started ripping defense apart.
    2) Defenses started turning up the volume to counter attack the spread.
    3)???.....The next step is to go two E. I am glad we are ahead of the curve this time. We are doing what the pats have done and a few other teams.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Hopefully he can score 12-15 TD's this season because we are going to need all the points we can get since the secondary isn't going to slow down anyone in the division.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

That just makes the Ponder selection an even bigger reach

Agree.. Good value there, but i would have taken Rahim Moore or a passrusher.. I dont know if they think Edwards is really coming back.. But it looks like it..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

I like the pick, I think he will be a solid NFL TE. 2 TE sets with Shank will give our vertically challenged offense needed help.

Low risk pick on a player that should contribute quickly.

Vikefan305 is offline Waterboy
    From Miami, FL but I live in Hartford, CT for now.

I believe that Bill Musgrave wants to run alot of 2 TE sets. Rudoph can block and catch so he's a great pick. I thought we should've went DE or CB there, but I trust our new coaching staff.
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1095445
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095443

Marr,
    I have been screaming for for 2nd TE for years. Think about it. It's the direction the league is going into.
    1) We had offense spreading the ball out and they started ripping defense apart.
    2) Defenses started turning up the volume to counter attack the spread.
    3)???.....The next step is to go two E. I am glad we are ahead of the curve this time. We are doing what the pats have done and a few other teams.
    Oh I'm with you, but take a look at were I had them taking a TE.

6th Virgil Green, TE (Ranked 82nd - Good Value)
    Value pick here as I don't think TE is a real issue this year. Just wasn't anything of value at this pick that I would consider taking. In short, this should be considered the BPA. CDS has him as the 4th best TE and projects him to go in the 5th round but could go as early as the 4th if teams think he can add the bulk to become an effective blocker as well as a reciever.

Strengths
    Excellent strength and conditioning - played in 49 games in his college career. Great speed and target as receiver - will win most LB match-ups. Runs well after the catch with good balance. Very good hands with ability to make tough catches. Agile and mobile - able to get quickly to second level and get the block. Experienced special teams player.
    Weaknesses
    Size may be an issue for a run-oriented attack, however, he has the frame to add mass. Blocks straight-ahead adequately, but needs to demonstrate ability against elite ends to move-up in the draft.
    Projection
    5th round. Third fastest TE 40 at Combine; best VJ at 42.5" and great BJ at 10'10" - could be mid 4th round at best.

As with Ponder (which I understand), this is a nice pick. Probably a damn nice fit not only this year, but for years to come, however, just didn't think they would take a TE here.

Again, they are fixing the offense and trying to do it so it stays with the old scheme, which makes sense, but damn, D needs some help as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast