Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Kyle Rudolph thread

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1095734
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095725
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1095723
    So now Harvin is a TE? I totally missed that change.
    Lol... he's a man of many talents.

fastest fullback in the league
    So now he's a fullback too...?
    So that is his problem.

I would have a headache too if I had to learn that many positions.

purplepp1eater is offline Waterboy

Made another videoround up video for Kyle Rudolph. This includes coverage of this pro-day, draft coverage from ESPN, and draft coverage from NFL Network. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFxan0RmV2Y

-------
    P.S. Here's my videoround up for Christian Ponder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2chXq74nScU
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "purplepp1eater" #1095747
    Made another videoround up video for Kyle Rudolph. This includes coverage of this pro-day, draft coverage from ESPN, and draft coverage from NFL Network. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFxan0RmV2Y

-------
    P.S. Here's my videoround up for Christian Ponder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2chXq74nScU
    First, let me say that after only 2 posts, you are now on everyone of my important spreadsheets.

Absolutely love the vids. Thanks. Not sure if you can, however, I would have added what his (Rudolphs) HC from ND said about him when he was guest commentating on NFLN.

To add to your great vid, here is some additional info that some of the analysts (SI/FOX/ESPN/NFL/Profootball weekly etc) were saying about him.

Round 2, Pick 11 (43) Kyle Rudolph TE 6'6" 259
    "Biography: ""Three-year starter who posted 28/320/3 in six games as a junior. Suffered a season-ending hamstring injury last October, which required surgery to repair. Had 33/364/3 as a sophomore and 29/340/2 as a freshman.""

Positives: ""Strong, well-rounded tight end prospect with a complete game. Displays terrific focus and concentration as a receiver, possesses soft and strong hands, and consistently makes the tough grab in a crowd. Goes over the middle and takes a pounding yet holds onto the ball. Nicely makes the reception in stride, adjusting to the errant throw and looking the ball in. Finds the open spot in the defense, comes back to the ball, and extends his hands, offering the quarterback a nice target. Strong blocker and easily controls opposing defensive lineman once engaged the point of attack. Attacks blocking assignments. Effective in motion and gets out on the second level and handles linebackers.""

Negatives: Displays minimal quickness and speed in his game with no burst. Not a downfield threat. Poor route runner and displays limited sharpness into breaks.

Analysis: ""Rudolph has been a consistent tight end for Notre Dame the past three seasons yet is being slightly overrated in some circles. He has starting potential in the NFL but will never develop into a tight end that makes plays down the field. Instead, he?ll be a consistent professional who is effective as an intermediate range target and blocker.""

Projection: 2nd"

Pick Analysis: The Vikings add a young, athletic tight end to the lineup with the selection of Rudolph. He allows offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave to implement some multiple tight end formations with Visanthe Shiancoe and Rudolph creating mismatches in the passing game. If he can become more stout as a run blocker, he could help the Vikings utilize a dynamic offense that is balanced in all facets.

"What he brings: Rudolph has an excellent combination of size and athleticism to become an every-down tight end in the NFL. His strength is catching passes. Rudolph has the speed and route-running ability to separate and he shows above-average ball skills to bring in balls outside his frame. He is an effective run blocker but could get better in that area. Durability issues kept him out of the first round.

How he fits: This is a pure value pick because on paper it is not a glaring need for the Vikings. Backup Jimmy Kleinsasser is primarily a blocker and Visanthe Shiancoe is an excellent pass catcher but his production dropped last year to two touchdowns in 2010. Rudolph is the most versatile TE coming into the draft and would have gone much higher, if not for injury. In an offense that loves to use the TE in the passing game it becomes even more important to give rookie QB Christian Ponder another target. Watch the Vikings use a lot more two tight end sets this year, much like the Patriots"

Prospect Rank: 40

While many draft analysts had the Vikings pegged for an offensive lineman or defensive back with their second-rounder, they went with Rudolph. While he's a solid value, TE wasn't a need position
    Pro Football Weekly draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki: Giving Christian Ponder a safe, reliable target like Rudolph was a wise move. Visanthe Shiancoe and Jim Kleinsasser are both on the wrong side of 30 and the Vikings needed to add an infusion of youth to the position. Rudolph could become Ponder's favorite target in Bill Musgrave's West Coast offense. He's a solid all-around player whose intangibles and toughness stood out last season when he played through a hamstring injury until it tore off the bone.
    Some nuggets from the clip......

Radius - Speaks volumes to me that they are going to start Ponder.

2 and 3 TE sets - Also lends one to believe they are going to go with Ponder.

Damn I can't wait to see this team on the field.

Again, thanks for the vid. Great stuff my new found friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tight end too good to leave on board in Round 2

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/121008324.html

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1095722
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1095627
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1095626
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1095621
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1095609
    Stop listening to Dilfer he's just griping due to his crush on Dalton and who are the many people here that want to get rid of Shank or are you still riding the dropped pass against the Colts 3 years ago.

Fact is when Shank comes off the field we have no other vertical treat at TE
    Should I not listen to Kiper either? (See Ponder thread)
    No he needs somebody to listen to him :laugh:
    LOL! Many people here think his word is gospel & respect his opinion
    Who? Hr is a tool.
    Who the hell is Hr?

Um, no one said Harvin IS a TE. I said they've used him like a TE, which they have. But go ahead & twist it.

Are you saying they've never used Harvin like a TE?

"Minnesota is using Percy Harvin in a a really interesting way. Essentially he is lining up in the slot position and playing a pseudo tight end position. He is running very similar routes as the tight ends and this spells problems for opposing defenses. Harvin one-on-one with a NFL linebacker is not a matchup opposing defenses want to face."

http://www.rookiefootballcardshop.com/nfl_news/percy-harvin-explosive-rookie/519

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1095786
    Um, no one said Harvin IS a TE. I said they've used him like a TE, which they have. But go ahead & twist it.

Are you saying they've never used Harvin like a TE?

"Minnesota is using Percy Harvin in a a really interesting way. Essentially he is lining up in the slot position and playing a pseudo tight end position. He is running very similar routes as the tight ends and this spells problems for opposing defenses. Harvin one-on-one with a NFL linebacker is not a matchup opposing defenses want to face."

http://www.rookiefootballcardshop.com/nfl_news/percy-harvin-explosive-rookie/519
    LMAO.

He is a slot WR silly. You are seriously going to use one discreet line from a site called Football Rookie Card.com? Please.

Do me a favor- Type Percy Harvin TE into google and list a few more articles that support your statement and get back to me.

The slot and TE positions certainly do some similar things because they both primarily attack the center field but come on.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Stop listening to Dilfer he's just griping due to his crush on Dalton and who are the many people here that want to get rid of Shank or are you still riding the dropped pass against the Colts 3 years ago.

Kiper sucks. Not only is he the least accurate prospect evaluator on ESPN or NFLN, he's a dirty one.

How he kept his job after the agent scandal involving him came out is beyond me.

If anyone doesn't know what that was: Kiper would take money from agent(s) Gary Wichard(and maybe more) and give their players better grades. In 2010 he rated Jimmy Clausen ahead of Sam Bradford as a QB and the 4th best player in the draft. Clausen is a Wichard client.

Edit: Kiper obviously denies it, but here's the SI story:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/magazine/10/12/agent/index.html?eref=sihp

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Last i checked, a TE does alot of blocking too at the LOS, helping the tackle pick up his guy. I don't see Percy doing alot of that.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1095798

Kiper sucks. Not only is he the least accurate prospect evaluator on ESPN or NFLN, he's a dirty one.

How he kept his job after the agent scandal involving him came out is beyond me.

If anyone doesn't know what that was: Kiper would take money from agent(s) Gary Wichard(and maybe more) and give their players better grades. In 2010 he rated Jimmy Clausen ahead of Sam Bradford as a QB and the 4th best player in the draft. Clausen is a Wichard client.

Edit: Kiper obviously denies it, but here's the SI story:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/magazine/10/12/agent/index.html?eref=sihp
    All that means is Clausen was the steal of the draft and the Panthers are set at QB........oh wait the just drafted Newton :laugh:

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast