Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Is Kyle Rudolph Poised For A Breakout Season?

Is Kyle Rudolph Poised for a Breakout Season? - The Viking Age - A Minnesota Vikings Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Which Viking is getting the highest praise from coaches and teammates after a couple weeks of OTAs? That would be Kyle Rudolph. The third year tight end is reportedly looking great in fake practice. Itís a whole new Kyle Rudolph this year according to Leslie Frazier. The coach said:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Minnesota Vikings' Kyle Rudolph energized by Pro Bowl performance

Minnesota Vikings' Kyle Rudolph energized by Pro Bowl performance - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I've been watching Rudolf since his college days and I've been a big fan since then. Like coach suggested, if he takes his blocking And receiving and route-running to another level, I think he really can make a big difference for this team this year and emerge as perhaps the best TE in the biz in the next few years. Thing is, he's likely to have some more reps coming his way with Harvin moving out...Obviously, we're going to use Jennings too, but I think it would be wise to not give Greg as many touchs as we did Harvin, so he's more likely to make it through a whole season, and Rudolf and some screens to Peterson should cover that nicely!

We won without Harvin before because we already had the LOS attack covered. Pro-bowl MVP TE and league MVP RB are enough short threat on their own and Wright looks like a good fit for the slot role. Then add Jennings and Patterson to what we had for those 4 wins to end last season, and I think, that this offense has more potential than the rest of the NFL wants to admit!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    He caught half the teams 18 TD passes, made the pro-bowl, and won pro-bowl MVP honors. Hopefully he continues to improve, but his break out season was 2012.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    oops wrong thread

yes
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    He caught half the teams 18 TD passes, made the pro-bowl, and won pro-bowl MVP honors. Hopefully he continues to improve, but his break out season was 2012.
    i'll agree with above statement, but hopefully 2013 will be a monster season for Kyle, the makings are there for him to have a great season.....And another pro bowl start....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Then add Jennings and Patterson to what we had for those 4 wins to end last season, and I think, that this offense has more potential than the rest of the NFL wants to admit!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    If we added Jennings and Patterson to what we had for those 4 wins to end last season, Ponder could have possibly broke 100 yards passing & perhaps even thrown a TD pass in one of those wins & might have possibly broke 140 yards passing & perhaps thrown a TD pass in another one of those wins.

In those two wins we scored 57 points. AD ran for 21 of those points, Walsh booted 15 of them, the defense scored another 14 & Ponder added 7 with a 5 yard run. He had a two game combined total of 222 yards passing, 1 INT, 1 fumble & 1 rushing TD.

As far as Rudolp goes, they need to get him more involved & get him more passes deeper downfield. He's got a great set of hands & I'd hate to see them go to waste.
    Last edited by singersp; 06-12-2013 at 06:23 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    We will see plenty of 300 yard passing games this year now that we have the right blend of WR's in the mix. We got the cancer out of the locker room and the healing has begun.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    If we added Jennings and Patterson to what we had for those 4 wins to end last season, Ponder could have possibly broke 100 yards passing & perhaps even thrown a TD pass in one of those wins & might have possibly broke 140 yards passing & perhaps thrown a TD pass in another one of those wins.

In those two wins we scored 57 points. AD ran for 21 of those points, Walsh booted 15 of them, the defense scored another 14 & Ponder added 7 with a 5 yard run. He had a two game combined total of 222 yards passing, 1 INT, 1 fumble & 1 rushing TD.

As far as Rudolp goes, they need to get him more involved & get him more passes deeper downfield. He's got a great set of hands & I'd hate to see them go to waste.
    Ummm, looks like you're talking about CHI and @STL, where Ponder completed 64.7% vs. a good CHI defense and then over 70% of his passes on the road in STL. He did have the 1 INT, but the fumble was recovered by us. When you are getting that kind of production out of your RB and DST, completing 65-70% of your passes with very few (1) Turn Overs is enough to win games. We're not looking for 300 yards on a weekly basis...unless you are talking about Adrian Peterson!

Then, over the next 2 games, @HOU and the Pukes at home, he put up 4TDs to 0INTs, with one lost fumble while also piling up 48 rushing yards on a 6.9 average @HOU and a career best, so far, of 3TDs and 234 passing yards with an 8.4 yards/play average vs. the hated pack. Those aren't bad numbers for a guy with a year and a half experience, and vs. good defenses too (GB came in 11th in yards and points allowed and HOU was better in both categories!)

Sure, I'll agree, he hasn't been much to look at yet, but he is still very young, and was working with an obviously weak WR group. We seem to have put some better talent around him, and he should improve with experience and better help. I'm not calling for the T-Jack 6 year plan, but for crying out loud, give the kid a chance! IF he's failing horribly like after we lost Harvin mid-season last year, we now have a vet behind him who can manage games. Chances are, we'll see improvement, and we'll want to see more in season four.

Can you believe that Matt Cassell is the best vet QB he's had to work with!?? Ouch.

Christian Ponder: Game Logs at NFL.com
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    We will see plenty of 300 yard passing games this year now that we have the right blend of WR's in the mix. We got the cancer out of the locker room and the healing has begun.
    +1
    But then some will be complaining about AD's decreased production and maybe he has lost a step, we should trade him before he has lost all his ability, etc...
    Last edited by marshallvike; 06-12-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast