Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 100
  1. #11
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    490

    Re: With Kyle Orton Starting Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester

    You arent a kidding Cmac that would hurt bad. Well poeple I gotta run! Catch ya after work. Keep up the greatest Vikes Site in the competent world!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

  2. #12
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: With Kyle Orton Starting Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester

    Hester is a concern but if the ST stay in their lanes then they can limit what he can do. I wouldn't be too sure about things being easy because Orton is starting - he's an unknown quantity at this point of the season and the Bears want to play at being spoilers then he could really cause some problems.
    when he's flat on his back after being sacked for the fourth time and the Bears are at least 3 TDs down then I'll relax a little more.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  3. #13
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: With Kyle Orton Starting Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester

    My brother-in-law (a bears fan) wants them to line up in punt formation and long-snap the ball to hester, giving him a 15 yard run-up and 10 blockers in front of him. The scary thing is, I think it might work.

  4. #14
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: With Kyle Orton Starting Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester

    Dear Coach Childress,

    Do NOT kick him the damn ball.

  5. #15
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: With Kyle Orton Starting Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester

    "josdin00" wrote:
    My brother-in-law (a bears fan) wants them to line up in punt formation and long-snap the ball to hester, giving him a 15 yard run-up and 10 blockers in front of him. The scary thing is, I think it might work.
    Funny.
    Wouldn't work, but would definately make SportsCenter.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #16
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: With Kyle Orton Starting Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester

    "C" wrote:
    I'm just glad they don't put Hester in at RB... I know it sounds dumb, but this guy has the speed and moves to do some damage, making up for his lack of size.
    Not at RB. He'd be no better than Reggie Bush, probably worse.

    He has great vision, but I think he works better on a larger scale, like kick and punt returns where he has the ability to see everyone around him. It's much more crowded running at a mass of 10-15 people all within about 10 yards of eachother, and it takes a different type of guy to do that. A 5-11 running back can't see a linebacker who's about to fill a gap over a 6'5 lineman, and weighing only 180 he'd get absolutely murdered.

    He by no means has what it takes to be an NFL running back.

  7. #17
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: With Kyle Orton Starting Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester

    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I'm just glad they don't put Hester in at RB... I know it sounds dumb, but this guy has the speed and moves to do some damage, making up for his lack of size.
    Not at RB. He'd be no better than Reggie Bush, probably worse.

    He has great vision, but I think he works better on a larger scale, like kick and punt returns where he has the ability to see everyone around him. It's much more crowded running at a mass of 10-15 people all within about 10 yards of eachother, and it takes a different type of guy to do that. A 5-11 running back can't see a linebacker who's about to fill a gap over a 6'5 lineman, and weighing only 180 he'd get absolutely murdered.

    He by no means has what it takes to be an NFL running back.
    ok... well, what about DT?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: With Kyle Orton Starting Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester

    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I'm just glad they don't put Hester in at RB... I know it sounds dumb, but this guy has the speed and moves to do some damage, making up for his lack of size.
    Not at RB. He'd be no better than Reggie Bush, probably worse.

    He has great vision, but I think he works better on a larger scale, like kick and punt returns where he has the ability to see everyone around him. It's much more crowded running at a mass of 10-15 people all within about 10 yards of eachother, and it takes a different type of guy to do that. A 5-11 running back can't see a linebacker who's about to fill a gap over a 6'5 lineman, and weighing only 180 he'd get absolutely murdered.

    He by no means has what it takes to be an NFL running back.
    Hester is the best return man in football.
    Possibly ever.
    But the Bears need to understand what his role is.
    He is not a WR.
    He is not a RB.
    He is a return man, and possibly a CB.
    Trying to force him into another role is not going to work.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: With Kyle Orton Starting Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I'm just glad they don't put Hester in at RB... I know it sounds dumb, but this guy has the speed and moves to do some damage, making up for his lack of size.
    Not at RB. He'd be no better than Reggie Bush, probably worse.

    He has great vision, but I think he works better on a larger scale, like kick and punt returns where he has the ability to see everyone around him. It's much more crowded running at a mass of 10-15 people all within about 10 yards of eachother, and it takes a different type of guy to do that. A 5-11 running back can't see a linebacker who's about to fill a gap over a 6'5 lineman, and weighing only 180 he'd get absolutely murdered.

    He by no means has what it takes to be an NFL running back.
    Hester is the best return man in football.
    Possibly ever.
    But the Bears need to understand what his role is.
    He is not a WR.
    He is not a RB.
    He is a return man, and possibly a CB.
    Trying to force him into another role is not going to work.
    well forcing him to play wr worked pretty well against us last time

  10. #20
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: With Kyle Orton Starting Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I'm just glad they don't put Hester in at RB... I know it sounds dumb, but this guy has the speed and moves to do some damage, making up for his lack of size.
    Not at RB. He'd be no better than Reggie Bush, probably worse.

    He has great vision, but I think he works better on a larger scale, like kick and punt returns where he has the ability to see everyone around him. It's much more crowded running at a mass of 10-15 people all within about 10 yards of eachother, and it takes a different type of guy to do that. A 5-11 running back can't see a linebacker who's about to fill a gap over a 6'5 lineman, and weighing only 180 he'd get absolutely murdered.

    He by no means has what it takes to be an NFL running back.
    Hester is the best return man in football.
    Possibly ever.
    But the Bears need to understand what his role is.
    He is not a WR.
    He is not a RB.
    He is a return man, and possibly a CB.
    Trying to force him into another role is not going to work.
    well forcing him to play wr worked pretty well against us last time
    For 1 play. He hasn't done much since.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Missed practice time starting to concern Childress
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 07:34 PM
  2. Bears QB Kyle Orton confounds Minnesota Vikings
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
  3. It's Official: Kyle Orton Is Bears Starting QB
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 03:46 PM
  4. Rookie Orton named Bears' starting quarterback
    By michaelmazid in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 05:36 PM
  5. TRADE FOR KYLE ORTON!
    By Mpalac4 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-1969, 06:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •