Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: With Kyle Orton Starting Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PhatmanPat94" wrote:
    I think I'm going to watch this game on mute... I cant stand Kornheiser. I like him on PTI but thats about it, I hope he gets canned sometime in the near future. I'm excited as hell for this game though because it seems like Bears have already mailed it in on their season.
    That is why you should watch the game from the comfort of the metrodome!
    Hornheiser actually got booed last year at MNF.
    I'm so mad because I was supposed to get tickets for this game with two other bear fans/friends and we were gonna go up to Minnesota from Chicago on Sunday and leave Tuesday... However, since their team sucks they decided they didn't want to make the trip... and knowing my luck, the Vikings turn around their season and are in a wild card spot
    :-

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PhatmanPat94" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PhatmanPat94" wrote:
    I think I'm going to watch this game on mute... I cant stand Kornheiser. I like him on PTI but thats about it, I hope he gets canned sometime in the near future. I'm excited as hell for this game though because it seems like Bears have already mailed it in on their season.
    That is why you should watch the game from the comfort of the metrodome!
    Hornheiser actually got booed last year at MNF.
    I'm so mad because I was supposed to get tickets for this game with two other bear fans/friends and we were gonna go up to Minnesota from Chicago on Sunday and leave Tuesday... However, since their team sucks they decided they didn't want to make the trip... and knowing my luck, the Vikings turn around their season and are in a wild card spot
    :-\
    You should have hooked up with nooks.
    She had the same problem.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    Dude, How do you DO that? I have a hard time downloading pictures from my camera!
    [size=13pt]HOW TO POST YOUTUBE VIDEOS[/size]

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

idk about you guys, but part of me is a little worried about our special teams coverage
    this week.
    both tank williams and doss arn't expected to play, and if they're both out..our young guys are going to have to step it up.

Like i've said, hopefully frampton & farwell both have good games

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    idk about you guys, but part of me is a little worried about our special teams coverage
    this week.
    both tank williams and doss arn't expected to play, and if they're both out..our young guys are going to have to step it up.

Since Doss was the one who whiffed on the tackle that would have stopped Hester's TD return in the first game, I'm not all that upset.
    I think we'll see Winfield and Sharper both out there on kick-offs.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Our biggest Concern is stopping Hester
    On-side kick the ball after every score.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Wow, what a great thread.
    Sorry I missed all the debate.

My two cents.

Actually, even with the Great Hester the Bears are 5-8.
    Last game he faced us he caught 1 ball for 81 (TD) yards and scored the games first touchdown on an 89-yard punt return. We punted 4 times with a total of 108 return yards (1 TD) and kicked to him 6 times for 120 yards (No TD's).

If you give them enough chances at playing with a short field by kicking it out of bounds on Kickoffs, you put our D in a bind.
    I say you be smart and kickoff to him like normal and make sure everyone fills thier gaps/lanes and angle the punts out of bounds as deep as you get them.

Again, other than the one game, he hasn't won anything on his own. The odds are with us to play him like any other kicker.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    this week.

Since Doss was the one who whiffed on the tackle that would have stopped Hester's TD return in the first game, I'm not all that upset.
    I think we'll see Winfield and Sharper both out there on kick-offs.

=Z=
    True.. but aside from that Doss has played well in special teams coverage this year.
    Sharper is normally out there anyways kick-offs.
    Putting Winfield in would be a plus with our banged up backups, but idk if they'll risk it since he's been injured

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Marrdro" wrote:

My two cents.

Last game he faced us he caught 1 ball for 81 (TD) yards and scored the games first touchdown on an 89-yard punt return. We punted 4 times with a total of 108 return yards (1 TD) and kicked to him 6 times for 120 yards (No TD's).

If you give them enough chances at playing with a short field by kicking it out of bounds on Kickoffs, you put our D in a bind.
    I say you be smart and kickoff to him like normal and make sure everyone fills thier gaps/lanes and angle the punts out of bounds as deep as you get them.

Again, other than the one game, he hasn't won anything on his own. The odds are with us to play him like any other kicker.
    Agreed 100%.

Kick off like normal, put faith in your ST guys to stay in their lanes/gaps.
    We did okay last game in that aspect.

On punts, Hester did have the one punt return TD, but I trust Kluwe to punt the ball out-of-bounds 99.9% of the time.
    Kluwe rocks.

Now, as long as Dwight Smith doesn't bite on a Devin Hester double move, we'll be okay on defense as well.
    ;D
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

My two cents.

Agreed 100%.

Kick off like normal, put faith in your ST guys to stay in their lanes/gaps.
    We did okay last game in that aspect.

On punts, Hester did have the one punt return TD, but I trust Kluwe to punt the ball out-of-bounds 99.9% of the time.
    Kluwe rocks.

Now, as long as Dwight Smith doesn't bite on a Devin Hester double move, we'll be okay on defense as well.
    ;D
    Punts have to go out of bounds, or high enough to force a fair catch.
    I would like to see the vikings try at least one suprise onside kick, it's risky but so is kicking to hester.
    I just don't think it is a good idea to kick it to hester, he is probably the greatest kick returner of all time, and he gets great blocking.
    The field position will not hurt us that much because it will mean more carries for our running backs, allowing the offensive line to wear down the defence. Plus our defense usually allows the opponent to get to the 50 before making a stand anyway.
    The real question is should the bears kick to Peterson? Last time he had some huge kickoff returns. The last one was the one that won the game for the vikings.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910