Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: KWILL AND PWILL SUSPENSIONS BLOCKED

"VikingMike" wrote:
    Yeah, agreed...until the case it closed by the NFL (Roger the Dodger), we just have to wait and see. I hate having this hanging over their heads.
    not true, it all comes down to what they rule in state court since it was thrown out in federal. If the judge decides to rule in favor of the Williams wall Roger will be pressed to drop it

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I don't think they should be suspended at all. So every delay is a little victory, IMO. Hopefully it culminates into a total victory.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

This is begginning to make Goodell look bad. For crying out loud eithe drop it or suspend them. This is becoming a mockery of a travesty
    Purple till i die

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    This is begginning to make Goodell look bad. For crying out loud eithe drop it or suspend them. This is becoming a mockery of a travesty
    Goodell already issued the suspensions. The Williams Wall appealed.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

"C" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    Goodell already issued the suspensions. The Williams Wall appealed.
    Thats what I'm saying Goodell has been defeated
    <<< DROP IT >>>
    Purple till i die

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I'm glad they can continue to play, but I'm also sick of it.
    Let's just get it over with.

IMO, I think the NFL is just trying to wear down K&P.
    The NFL has MUCH deeper pockets.
    I hope K&P has
    "defamation of character" as part of the suit, because most people think they were busted for roids or drugs, not a weight loss substance the contained a unlisted drug that could be used for masking the use of another drug.
    When I tell them that, they are like "WHAT... that's just stupid".

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"gagarr" wrote:
    I'm glad they can continue to play, but I'm also sick of it.
    Let's just get it over with.

IMO, I think the NFL is just trying to wear down K&P.
    The NFL has MUCH deeper pockets.
    I hope K&P has
    "defamation of character" as part of the suit, because most people think they were busted for roids or drugs, not a weight loss substance the contained a unlisted drug that could be used for masking the use of another drug.
    When I tell them that, they are like "WHAT... that's just stupid".
    I believe the "defamation of character" bit was part of the lawsuit that Pat & Kevin brought against the NFL and which was already dismissed.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

They will get suspended

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I think Kevin and Pat both have to be very careful on and off the field. Give the league a different reason to suspend them, and they probably will. My guess is the league is pissed about the whole thing. The league made the ruling and then Kevin and Pat went outside the league to the courts.

I am in the minority that I would rather see them suspended later in the season, if at all. The Vikings have a recent history of starting slow and they need a good start this year, because the schedule gets tough. Anytime we play the Packers it has extra importance, because they are our biggest rival. This year it's gonna be more important than ever because Favre is here, playing at home on Monday night with the whole country watching is gonna be big. I'm sure for the coaches a win is a win but for me, I'd trade 2 losses to the afc for 1 win against the packers.

Another reason I would rather have suspensions later is that the Williamson should be 100% ready to go week one, by week 8 they will probably be tired and dinged up. They can use the suspension to get back to 100%. If we can get to week 12 or so with the division lead and then we get 2 dominate players at the same time both well rested and 100% it could give us a lot of confidence heading into the playoffs.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I think Kevin and Pat both have to be very careful on and off the field. Give the league a different reason to suspend them, and they probably will. My guess is the league is pissed about the whole thing. The league made the ruling and then Kevin and Pat went outside the league to the courts.

I am in the minority that I would rather see them suspended later in the season, if at all. The Vikings have a recent history of starting slow and they need a good start this year, because the schedule gets tough. Anytime we play the Packers it has extra importance, because they are our biggest rival. This year it's gonna be more important than ever because Favre is here, playing at home on Monday night with the whole country watching is gonna be big. I'm sure for the coaches a win is a win but for me, I'd trade 2 losses to the afc for 1 win against the packers.

Another reason I would rather have suspensions later is that the Williamson should be 100% ready to go week one, by week 8 they will probably be tired and dinged up. They can use the suspension to get back to 100%. If we can get to week 12 or so with the division lead and then we get 2 dominate players at the same time both well rested and 100% it could give us a lot of confidence heading into the playoffs.

I was kinda thinking that too

I don't think we need them for the first 4 weeks

But if we play well and get a good lead we can do without them for 4

Idk I feel they will get screwed and get suspended.. But it don't really matter to me where they go

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast