Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kurt Warner coming our way?

"Zeus" wrote:
    "purplepete" wrote:
    Not sure what to gather from this. Do we want him... do we not want him... what do purplepride.org people think?
    Well - first I think this should be in a different forum - Vikings Fans Forum, perhaps.

Secondly - he's probably a good option at backup, but I'm not sure I want to weather the storm of "Play Kurt Warner!!" posts if Tarvaris struggles in the first month of the season.

=Z=
    Sure you do. You live for laughing at morons on this site.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

this would be a good pickup..if he comes in, and plays real well, then youve got the old kurt warner..if he is the backup, then thats also great, because hes a very classy guy and doesnt mind being in the mentoring role..hes a quality team guy, and whatever role hes stuck with, he will do without complaining
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

The guy holds the records for the most passing yards in a Super Bowl... he actually holds the top two. You can bitch all you want, but you can't scoff at that.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"purplepete" wrote:
    Today's hot sports rumors and news
    Cards sending Warner to Vikes?
    FOXSports.com
    Posted: 1 hour ago
    The Cardinals have a franchise QB. The Vikings have a whole bunch of question marks. The Pioneer Press says theres a chance Arizona could send backup Kurt Warner to Minnesota.

Not sure what to gather from this. Do we want him... do we not want him... what do purplepride.org people think?
    Are you secretly Kurt Warner's agent, noob?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    What the heck is his Madden rating......

;D

Kidding of course.

Lets not be so quick to discount this.
    He did play in arena football were you had to make quick decisions with the ball.
    That helped him to step in and fill a role vacated by Greens injury in a version of the WCO.

Additionally, throw in the fact that Bollinger didn't really look to good, has a huge question mark behind his ability to mentor/work/support TJ during game time situations (even though he has a QB coach) then I think this might be a good fit.

Heck if nothing else (hopefully) it would get rid of the whole "We need Holcomb" crowd.

Wonder what the Cards want for him?
    I think that I would still rather have Holcomb...people on here forget that Warner had concussion issues before.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"C" wrote:
    The guy holds the records for the most passing yards in a Super Bowl... he actually holds the top two. You can beeyatch all you want, but you can't scoff at that.
    we can just put it this way..that season was one of the all time best seasons by any QB in any generation..he followed up with a couple unbelievable years after that as well before concussion and thumb problems started to drag his career down
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "purplepete" wrote:
    Well - first I think this should be in a different forum - Vikings Fans Forum, perhaps.

Secondly - he's probably a good option at backup, but I'm not sure I want to weather the storm of "Play Kurt Warner!!" posts if Tarvaris struggles in the first month of the season.
    Sure you do. You live for laughing at morons on this site.
    I live for playing with my 3-year-old daughter.
    But I do enjoy stomping on the clueless, yes.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"purplepete" wrote:
    Today's hot sports rumors and news
    Cards sending Warner to Vikes?
    FOXSports.com
    Posted: 1 hour ago
    The Cardinals have a franchise QB. The Vikings have a whole bunch of question marks. The Pioneer Press says theres a chance Arizona could send backup Kurt Warner to Minnesota.

IMO we have as many questions at QB as the Cardinals do, not sure why the cardinals have a franchise QB after half a season, and apparently no need for a veteran backup...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"olson_10" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    The guy holds the records for the most passing yards in a Super Bowl... he actually holds the top two. You can beeyatch all you want, but you can't scoff at that.
    we can just put it this way..that season was one of the all time best seasons by any QB in any generation..he followed up with a couple unbelievable years after that as well before concussion and thumb problems started to drag his career down
    On a complete side note... I'm looking at these Super Bowl records... In 4 Super Bowls, Montana didn't throw one pick! I say bring him out of retirement!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

vikings6490 is offline Starter

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    What the heck is his Madden rating......

;D

Kidding of course.

Lets not be so quick to discount this.
    He did play in arena football were you had to make quick decisions with the ball.
    That helped him to step in and fill a role vacated by Greens injury in a version of the WCO.

Additionally, throw in the fact that Bollinger didn't really look to good, has a huge question mark behind his ability to mentor/work/support TJ during game time situations (even though he has a QB coach) then I think this might be a good fit.

Heck if nothing else (hopefully) it would get rid of the whole "We need Holcomb" crowd.

Wonder what the Cards want for him?
    I tend to agree with you here.

Someone just dig up those overall Madden ratings of Bollinger, Warner and Holcomb, and lets get them compared once and for all so I know what my stand should be on this issue.

kelly holcomb - 78
    kurt warner -80
    brooks bollinger - 73

Thanks MF

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast