Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Koren & Vikings - bad news

In that case we severely overpaid for pep, heck, he barely played Keep in mind, that if Del had his way, each player would be paid at the end of the season and then according to their exact contribution to the team in comparison to the rest of the league. $X for the CB with the most tackles, $Y for the safety with the most INTs... :wink:

Just kidding Del!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

that does sound like a good idea though nodak... it'll make everyone try their hardest knowing that nothing is guarenteed. I like it.

Del Rio Guest

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    In that case we severely overpaid for pep, heck, he barely played Keep in mind, that if Del had his way, each player would be paid at the end of the season and then according to their exact contribution to the team in comparison to the rest of the league. $X for the CB with the most tackles, $Y for the safety with the most INTs... :wink:

Just kidding Del!
    Your probably not far from the truth with what I would like to see. That would edge the NFL back towards being a respectable organization with players who gave it 100% at all times.

I have bashed Smoot plenty last year. This however was merely saying that the poster in question only stated that he was overpaid.

I happen to agree.

If you didn't get paid for what you did, but what a handfull of crazy fans think you can do then I guess he wasn't overpayed. My team passing on equal talent and spending more cash for hype just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

He's as good as we have right now though but I agree with the poster in that we overpayed the guy.

In the end it isn't my cash.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

How can anyone wanna let this guy go? Koren gives me hope for the offense. Hes a Number one caliber type WR. In a system which he is used to, he could have an even bigger year next year. He made alot of plays with his hands this past season also. To loose him IMO is stupid. Like ghost said, with all the money we have...I rather let B-Will go then let him go. Special teams is a part of football that shouldnt be over looked. Its not like he got 2 td's and did nothing else....he easliy could have had more. He helped our field postion greatly. He is one part of the Brad turn around. We need to resign him.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think he has been blessed with some serious praise for things he hasn't prooven in a Vikings uniform yet.

While I would like to resign him to give him that opportunity, I wouldn't consider it a crippling loss for him to move on.
    Exactly!

What he said, I also would like to sign him but if we don't, we shouldn't get our panties/underwear in a bunch.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "sunny" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    He is needed on this team, but he was a pro-bowl punt returner. I suspect he is not worth as much as they are demanding. Rob Brisinski(?) is a mastermind when is comes to worth of a player. When was the last time we overspent on a player? Long time. Getting Robinson for what he is worth is one thing, waisting money by overpaying him is something the vikings will not do.
    Fred Smoot.

But dont get me wrong I like Brisinski. The Vikes are alot better off then most teams in regards to the salry cap, howerver If the CBA is not straitend out quickly the NFL will turn into MLB which sucks.
    Its gol 'darnit near impossible to not overpay some players, because you can't predict their production. Other players we have over paid for include: Rosenthal and M-Rob.

There is talk that Rosenthal either has to rework his deal of the Vikes are going to cut him. With the way last season went I did not expect him to be back with the Vikes this year. I am not sure if Marcus will be back, I think it depends on if we resign Burley and K-Rob, or if we pick somebody else up in free agency. I agree with you that neither was worth the amount we paid them when we signed them.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Well call it what you want, the cause of him (KRob) being unsigned today lies directly in the hands of Briz and the Vikes.
    Last September, after checking out of a substance abuse rehabilitation center in South Carolina, Robinson signed a modest two-year contract with the Vikings. The Vikings released him before the start of the season to avoid having to pay him his entire 2005 salary of $540,000
    The Vikes were too cheap so to speak to pay the guy a "modest" fee last season so now that the piper comes calling they need to pay if they want to keep this player!

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

The Vikings where smart and I'm sure K-Rob at the time wasnt mad. The Vikings took a chance on him....they gave him his second chance. They added in to the contract the right for us to match any offers becuz they knew he had potential. We need to resign him.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Even if we can't come to terms with K-Rob before the start of Fa, we will still be able to match any offer that he recieves from another team. So all you K-Rob fans (Me Included) unless some other team gives him a ridiculous offer, we will have him on our team next season, and many more seasons after that.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with the people stating it would be nice to resign him however not overpay him. The guy was a pro-bowler as a kick returner. Not a WR. He could be a pro-bowl WR but he hasn't proven it yet.

Hopefully they will just see what the market is willing to give and match it if the price is right. If not, it won't kill the Vikings to not have him. I do think having him will benefit the team however.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast