Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Koren & Vikings - bad news

"gregair13" wrote:
    today on jim rome there was a great interview with krob and rome. rome totally praised him for what he did this year and how he came back. krob talked about how the after he got cut from the dui, he figured out that he must go to rehab to get his life back, not just his football career. pretty good interview. anyone else hear it?
    Did he say anything about the Viking organization or negotiations?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    He is needed on this team, but he was a pro-bowl punt returner. I suspect he is not worth as much as they are demanding. Rob Brisinski(?) is a mastermind when is comes to worth of a player. When was the last time we overspent on a player? Long time. Getting Robinson for what he is worth is one thing, waisting money by overpaying him is something the vikings will not do.
    Fred Smoot.

But dont get me wrong I like Brisinski. The Vikes are alot better off then most teams in regards to the salry cap, howerver If the CBA is not straitend out quickly the NFL will turn into MLB which sucks.
    I.B.O.T. #213

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

That headline on the article was very misleading. It made it sound the worst when, in fact, the article said chances were good that he would be resigned. Another typical press botch job trying to stir up controversy.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

Man, people busting on Smoot again... Give him a chance, he'll show you. He played beastly in washington, he was just hurt this past year. But I kind of hope we keep k-rob. I think he will bloom next season and become a solid number 1 type of reciever.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Euphman06" wrote:
    Man, people busting on Smoot again... Give him a chance, he'll show you. He played beastly in washington, he was just hurt this past year. But I kind of hope we keep k-rob. I think he will bloom next season and become a solid number 1 type of reciever.
    You are right on on both accounts Euphman06.

Here are my thought regarding K-Rob. Had a CBA agreement been reached, the vikes would have given him the contract he was asking for. But unless something magical happens in the next 25 minutes, there will be no agreement, and the $$$ flowing into free agency will be extremely limited. The odds are that no team will be able to offer K-Rob what he wanted, and he will be back with the Vikes next year.

A good move on the Vikings part, but I hope it does not create any animosity with K-Rob.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"Euphman06" wrote:
    He didn't bust on Smoot he simply stated we overpaid for him, and we did. Looking at the available CB's who played far better if not the same and got paid less, Lucas, Dyson, the list goes on......we overpaid for Smoot.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I think he has been blessed with some serious praise for things he hasn't prooven in a Vikings uniform yet.

While I would like to resign him to give him that opportunity, I wouldn't consider it a crippling loss for him to move on.
    Agreed
    I second that, Pac (and Del)!!!

I also agree, I would not over pay for him right now! If no agreement is reached on the collective bargaining agreement I think the Vikes will be able to keep Koren. The market is going to be tight, and if Bloody Thursday happens and teams have to cut players to get under the cap, and with very few teams having cap room to add high priced players. Koren could find a tight market and we might be able to resign him for less than what it would take now, if the CBA gets worked out we will probably lose him in free agency.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"sunny" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    He is needed on this team, but he was a pro-bowl punt returner. I suspect he is not worth as much as they are demanding. Rob Brisinski(?) is a mastermind when is comes to worth of a player. When was the last time we overspent on a player? Long time. Getting Robinson for what he is worth is one thing, waisting money by overpaying him is something the vikings will not do.
    Fred Smoot.

But dont get me wrong I like Brisinski. The Vikes are alot better off then most teams in regards to the salry cap, howerver If the CBA is not straitend out quickly the NFL will turn into MLB which sucks.
    Its damn near impossible to not overpay some players, because you can't predict their production. Other players we have over paid for include: Rosenthal and M-Rob.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

In that case we severely overpaid for pep, heck, he barely played

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think he has been blessed with some serious praise for things he hasn't prooven in a Vikings uniform yet.

While I would like to resign him to give him that opportunity, I wouldn't consider it a crippling loss for him to move on.
    I agree Del. He was a big spark for us this year, but he hasn't proven that he's a top flight reciever, and that's the kind of cash he wants. It would stink if he were to leave, but I wouldn't curse anyone over it. The only problem I have is that it leaves a hole at kick returner.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast