Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

Koren Robinson, will he be back?

Will K. Rob. be kicked out after his arrest, and who will be the new #1 receiver?

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Koren Robinson, will he be back?

O believe me he will. However i am not sure knowing how inept some prosecuters are or jurors are if they are in this case. Their has been times where people are exonerated for some reason whether it be lack of evidence and so on. Answer to your second question I believe Ashlie Lelie will be our #1 receiver after hearing the knowledge of the vikings in talks with broncos. That could be awhile though be cuz they will wait till the league hands koren robinson his punishment before they take immediate action.

Formerly Viking24

minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

Lelie, huh.
    That would be interesting, I wonder what we'd have to give up for him.

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Here's a blurb in the Rocky Mountain News from Denver about Lelie. The writer is answerer a question about trading him.

Q: Do you think Ashley Lelie could do a “Deltha” on the Broncos? They were both highly touted first-round draft picks who showed early promise, only to regress the longer they were in a Broncos uniform. And in the case of Deltha O'Neal, he became a Pro Bowl player when given the chance on a different team. Could this happen with Ashley if, as he says, he is misused with the Broncos?

A: It's difficult to say Lelie has regressed in the Broncos offense, given he has led the league's starters in yards per catch in each of the last two seasons. He's also the only receiver in the league to average at least 18 yards per catch in each of those two seasons.

What he hasn't done is develop an intermediate game, and he still has difficulty getting away from the physical corners who jam him at the line of scrimmage. Still, even in his current dispute with the team. he is held in higher standing by team officials, including the coaching staff, than Deltha O'Neal was in his last days with the team.

Mike Shanahan had moved O'Neal to wide receiver before the trade to the Bengals was made. For O'Neal, though, a change of scenery proved to be a good thing. Certainly, Lelie is hoping the same thing works out for him.

No matter where Lelie goes, however, if he is traded, he will still have to find a way to get himself free from coverage if he wants to be a team's No. 1 receiver. He has a point when he says the Broncos haven't always gotten him the ball in stride -- at least that's the case his agents have made -- but to be a No. 1, you have to work all parts of the field.

And he needs to be more aggressive to the ball.

Right now that's the issue most personnel executives have with his game and why no one has offered more than a fourth-round pick for him to this point. That said, those same personnel executives often say Lelie could consistently be a 50-, 60-catch receiver if he's willing to work.

Even the Broncos believe he could do well elsewhere, and that's why they have been so determined to get what they want in the deal. They don't want to let him get away for nothing because they know if they don't make the trade, he would have to come back to the team at some point if he still wants to be a free agent next year.

The Broncos hold his rights for one more season. Even if he tried to retire and come back, the Broncos would still hold his rights. If the Broncos don't trade him, he has to play a season for them to be an unrestricted free agent.

There is a school of thought on Lelie's end of things that Clinton Portis made some noise about a new deal and got dealt so it would work for Lelie as well. However, people have to remember Shanahan only traded Portis when he got a six-time Pro Bowl player in return in Champ Bailey as well as a No. 2 pick the Broncos used to select Tatum Bell in the 2004 draft.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Rastak is offline Rookie

Back in jail maybe.
    Not back on this team.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

childress said he wuoldn't take action untill the court settles it, so that means at best, he COULD be back by week 7.
    but both childress and wilfy made it quite clear they won't stand for any screwing around.
    he's done for the year, and most likely for his carreer.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Look in the other thread and see.

Rastak is offline Rookie

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    childress said he wuoldn't take action untill the court settles it, so that means at best, he COULD be back by week 7.
    but both childress and wilfy made it quite clear they won't stand for any screwing around.
    he's done for the year, and most likely for his carreer.

Career? probably not....I hear Marvin Lewis is holding open a roster spot for him.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

uhoh!! the hammer got caught double posting!!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

well since hes suspended for 1 year, id say hes gone, especially since we have the clause in his contract to void his deal if hes involved in an alcohol related incident..i dont want him back, and i personally hope he never plays another game in the nfl, period..why couldnt this idiot do something stupid before, so we couldve traded him to GB for Walker?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast