Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurpleAndy is offline Starter

Re: Koren Robinson conjures up...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2154964

Hell, I'll give you a second chance Koren. Welcome aboard sir.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Douginc, imo, we can blast Koren. He DID drop passes in Seattle. That was him, and is history. He has had problems, he CAN be blasted for that. It did happen.
    What we can't do, is see the future, and know what he is going to do now. Was the risk worth it? I thought not. But the interview with him on Vikings.com has helped a ton. His attitude is in the right place. Makes me wonder how K. Campell's attitude was. I am betting not good.
    I was shocked, baffled, and completely against this signing. Now I think that Tice and Co. did take a very rare and excellent gamble.
    For K. Rob, I sure hope his second chance works out. I am now pulling for him.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    We can hope he turns into the next CC, but IMO that is highly unlikely!
    Nobody is the next CC. He is one of a kind...and a Vike!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    You are SUCH a HOMER! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    You are SUCH a HOMER! :lol:
    Its true, right? :wink:

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    It's amazing how views of a person changes when they're "on the team" vs. "off the team".

Moss is a Cancer and K Robinson is the next Chris Carter. :shock: WTF is up with some of you? :scratch:
    For me it is that Moss did things like:

"Mooned crowd"- on the field :twisted:
    Walked off the field without going in for the hail mary- sort of on the field :lol: :sad:
    Barely jogged on some plays when he got upset or wasn't being thrown to-on the field :sad:
    "I play when I want to pay"-right in front of his teammates :sad:
    squirted ref during game-on the field :sad:
    You forgot:

Tear up the league-on the field

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that Koren has accomplished that.

Moss was no cancer, but he was a headache, but he was always worth it in my opinion. Kind of like the night out of drinking is worth it at the time, but the hangover sucks, but later on you think of it as still being worth it.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

wulvarine is offline Waterboy

"singersp" wrote:
    1st of all Koren's alcohol addiction is not a "mistake" it's a disease. It can't be cured & if you have it, you live with it the rest of your life. You have to be one, like myself, to really understand it. It can be kept in check. Koren needs a 2nd shot & the Vikes gave it to him. Kudo's to them & Brian Williams in supporting him. We as Vikings fans should give him all the support we can, which will help him immensly. His problem is totally different than the "attitude" problems the Mosses' & the Owens' of the league have. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big Moss fan & hope he does well & comes back to Minnesota someday - after he grows up! As mentioned by others we gave Chris Carter a 2nd chance & I think we faired pretty darn well. Don't you?
    Let's just all focus on the great talent, great new owner & the great team the Vikings have today & not dwell on the past. It's history. Give Koren a big Vikings welcome this Sunday at the dome. I can hardly wait for the season to begin & even more so for October 23, when we kick some Green Bay butt. This year could very well be the 2nd coming of the "Purple People Eaters."
    (Not to start a flame war,,,,,but here goes ) Alcohol is NOT a disease it is a self imposed straight up ADDICTION!!! Just because a bunch of folks decide to call an addictiion a disease dosen't make it so, as much as calling a dog a cat makes it a cat!!! I never heard of folks going anywhere and "catching" alcoholism. Who "forced" this poor victim to drink his first drink???? In the doctor's office I've never heard, Doc I went on this trip and caught the alcohol bug. Please call it what it is an addiction. Nonetheless, it is a burden to bear, but a self-imposed and generated burden. He didn't catch this from someone, he didn't eat something and get this, he did it on his own!!! And yes there are personal reasons why I'm passionate about this.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    It's amazing how views of a person changes when they're "on the team" vs. "off the team".

Moss is a Cancer and K Robinson is the next Chris Carter. :shock: WTF is up with some of you? :scratch:
    For me it is that Moss did things like:

"Mooned crowd"- on the field :twisted:
    Walked off the field without going in for the hail mary- sort of on the field :lol: :sad:
    Barely jogged on some plays when he got upset or wasn't being thrown to-on the field :sad:
    "I play when I want to pay"-right in front of his teammates :sad:
    squirted ref during game-on the field :sad:
    You forgot:

Tear up the league-on the field

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that Koren has accomplished that.

Moss was no cancer, but he was a headache, but he was always worth it in my opinion. Kind of like the night out of drinking is worth it at the time, but the hangover sucks, but later on you think of it as still being worth it.
    No doubt in my mind that he was (and is) the most talented WR in football, but he only hurt himself when he distracted the team during games. Did you watch the game where Moss was barely jogging, then Robinson started following his example and Culpepper was scrambling around trying to find a receiver open and was getting chased by the opposing D-line as two WR's were jogging??? That is not football and I didn't like it on my favorite team.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"wulvarine" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    1st of all Koren's alcohol addiction is not a "mistake" it's a disease. It can't be cured & if you have it, you live with it the rest of your life. You have to be one, like myself, to really understand it. It can be kept in check. Koren needs a 2nd shot & the Vikes gave it to him. Kudo's to them & Brian Williams in supporting him. We as Vikings fans should give him all the support we can, which will help him immensly. His problem is totally different than the "attitude" problems the Mosses' & the Owens' of the league have. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big Moss fan & hope he does well & comes back to Minnesota someday - after he grows up! As mentioned by others we gave Chris Carter a 2nd chance & I think we faired pretty darn well. Don't you?
    Let's just all focus on the great talent, great new owner & the great team the Vikings have today & not dwell on the past. It's history. Give Koren a big Vikings welcome this Sunday at the dome. I can hardly wait for the season to begin & even more so for October 23, when we kick some Green Bay butt. This year could very well be the 2nd coming of the "Purple People Eaters."
    (Not to start a flame war,,,,,but here goes ) Alcohol is NOT a disease it is a self imposed straight up ADDICTION!!! Just because a bunch of folks decide to call an addictiion a disease dosen't make it so, as much as calling a dog a cat makes it a cat!!! I never heard of folks going anywhere and "catching" alcoholism. Who "forced" this poor victim to drink his first drink???? In the doctor's office I've never heard, Doc I went on this trip and caught the alcohol bug. Please call it what it is an addiction. Nonetheless, it is a burden to bear, but a self-imposed and generated burden. He didn't catch this from someone, he didn't eat something and get this, he did it on his own!!! And yes there are personal reasons why I'm passionate about this.
    Obviously, you are mis-informed & are not an alcoholic in recovery, like myself, but probably have lived with one. That bunch of folks belong to yhe AMA.
    to quote a medical dictionary: alcoholism
    <disease> A disorder characterised by pathological pattern of alcohol use that causes a serious impairment in social or occupational functioning. In DSN III R this is termed alcohol abuse or, if tolerance or withdrawal is present, alcohol dependence. Just because it's a disease doesn't mean you catch it like a bug. To use your own words have you ever heard Doc I went on this trip and caught the cancer bug? MS bug? Diabetes bug? 5% of the alcoholic trait is hereditary. To be brief you are born with it & if you don't drink it won't manifest itself. You are partialy correct in your statement it self-imposed. No one makes or forces an alcoholic to drink. We do it to ourselves. The reasons why are various. The end result over time is alcoholism to the point where our lives become unmanagable. Try attending an "open" meeting sometime & listen with an open mind. Enough said about this here. This is a football forum. Consider the flame out.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

While it may be a disease, you can't argue that it isnt a self-imposed disease. You may not have chosen to be a drunk, but you did decide to get drunk.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast