Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Koren Robinson conjures up...

1st of all Koren's alcohol addiction is not a "mistake" it's a disease. It can't be cured & if you have it, you live with it the rest of your life. You have to be one, like myself, to really understand it. It can be kept in check. Koren needs a 2nd shot & the Vikes gave it to him. Kudo's to them & Brian Williams in supporting him. We as Vikings fans should give him all the support we can, which will help him immensly. His problem is totally different than the "attitude" problems the Mosses' & the Owens' of the league have. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big Moss fan & hope he does well & comes back to Minnesota someday - after he grows up! As mentioned by others we gave Chris Carter a 2nd chance & I think we faired pretty darn well. Don't you?
    Let's just all focus on the great talent, great new owner & the great team the Vikings have today & not dwell on the past. It's history. Give Koren a big Vikings welcome this Sunday at the dome. I can hardly wait for the season to begin & even more so for October 23, when we kick some Green Bay butt. This year could very well be the 2nd coming of the "Purple People Eaters."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

It is a great pickup on the field and we just need to wait and see how he ends up doing off the field. I'm confident he'll pan out but if he doesn't, this still isn't a terrible move for the Vikes. The Moss trade was terrible. But upgrading from Cambell to Robinson is a clear cut good decision even if he does slip up again. I am just so glad to see Cambell gone.

[color=red]

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

My dad summed it up best..

If you hvae the desire to do something.. the rest is just putting one foot before hte other day in day out.

if K.R. can do this.. i'm sure Daunte will find him several places around the field with balls that even mid rated WR's can catch..

I do hope he can enter into the scheme and prove all the media he was worth the look Tice is givin him.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

douginc is offline Starter

I like how people on this forum will blast people for insulting Troy Williamson before he ever made a catch, but then will turn around just as quickly and do the same thing to another new Viking receiver. I won't insult EITHER until the regular season starts and they beging dropping passes all over the place, half-ass route running, or getting a lot of flags thrown for offensive interference. Can you question the Vikings pick-up of the guy? Of course, who wouldn't?! But AT LEAST let the guy F-up a few times before you call him an F-up! At least, I'm dmn near positive, he'll be a better kickoff/punt returner than that sluggish mofo Howry. Tice said he'd start out there, and work his way into the receiving corps. So at the very least, I think we've upgraded a very important position at returner.

"Tice plans to use Robinson as a kickoff returner but would not speculate on his role beyond that. "We'll get Koren in and see what he does best," Tice said."
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5600435.html

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Koren seems humble and sincere, and knowing he has a fresh start, lets hope as fans that he really is here to play, and also recieves the help he needs for his disease. Once in check, he may just find peace and athletic
    fulfilment in his new home. This is a good pick-up. Skol

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm just glad that it is football season and we get to watch the vikes in THREE DAYS!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

me too since this is the first time I have had a chance to relax since being at collge...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

The only problem i have with K rob is that he will not admit he has a problem. When asked if had a alcohol addiction problem he says that he does not want to label his situation. He then proceeded to play it off like he didn't have a problem. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, til' that happends it will never get better.
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

pigskinronin is offline Starter

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    It's amazing how views of a person changes when they're "on the team" vs. "off the team".

Moss is a Cancer and K Robinson is the next Chris Carter. :shock: WTF is up with some of you? :scratch:
    lol. I would give my left nut to have Moss back on the team :???: (ugh maybe not)... I didn't buy into that whole team cancer thing. He produced... he was the man.

I don't think KR will be the next Cris Carter; I was just alluding to the fact the Vikings are taking a chance and it may pay off or it may not. A talented player with a lot to prove --- his career and life are on the line. Talk about motivation!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

We can hope he turns into the next CC, but IMO that is highly unlikely!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast