Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    if it is a true upgrade
    That's the thing, it's gotta be a real upgrade. A guy with a huge leg. If it's the next Lechler, then fine. If it's another upper-mid tier guy, there's no real point.

  2. #12
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541
    I just don't see Kluwe being shown the door. unless there is something really needed about his salary, or the fact that he's entering his last year. maybe a deal gets done and he stays for less money.. or we do find some massive upgrade in the draft near round 6.

    he did do some good things the special teams, we pinnned a lot of kicks. there were some flubs. not sure if it was hiim trying to aim it, place it, or just missed his foot.

    i've liked what i've seen out of him for years so far, and i think we'll be hearing his name this season.. and if he comes out of his little focus funk.. for years 2 come.

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  3. #13
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    (Remember the days with Drew Bennett?)
    I don't.

    Drew Bennett was a WR for the Titans in the early 2000's. We had a Darren Bennett once who was a punter.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #14
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512
    Not everyone Pack, if you look up the thread, I was very happy with the draft pick of Walsh.
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Everyone said the same thing about Blair Walsh last year. How do you feel about Spielman's move on that one now?


    Kluwe needs to shut his mouth and stop worrying about gay rights and start kicking the ball inside the twenty like he used to do. Or he needs to be replaced.


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  5. #15
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453
    Kluwe is easily the coolest player in the NFL. I hope they keep him around as long as he can kick well.

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Everyone said the same thing about Blair Walsh last year. How do you feel about Spielman's move on that one now?


    Kluwe needs to shut his mouth and stop worrying about gay rights and start kicking the ball inside the twenty like he used to do. Or he needs to be replaced.
    Kluwe's views and activism regarding social issues have nothing to do with his ability to kick. I see no reason for him to shut his mouth or stop worrying about issues that he is passionate about.

    Now if Kluwe was sucking out there, then I could absolutely agree with replacing him. He is one of my favorite players, but football is a business. However, Kluwe's performance has been very good the past 8 years. He currently has the highest gross punting average in Vikings history. Last year he did have a two game streak in which he struggled a bit, but the rest of his season was decent. A completely different situation from Longwell, who couldn't put the ball into the endzone on kickoffs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Kluwe's views and activism regarding social issues have nothing to do with his ability to kick. I see no reason for him to shut his mouth or stop worrying about issues that he is passionate about.

    Now if Kluwe was sucking out there, then I could absolutely agree with replacing him. He is one of my favorite players, but football is a business. However, Kluwe's performance has been very good the past 8 years. He currently has the highest gross punting average in Vikings history. Last year he did have a two game streak in which he struggled a bit, but the rest of his season was decent. A completely different situation from Longwell, who couldn't put the ball into the endzone on kickoffs.
    He ranked 24th in punt average & 32nd in longest punt last year. That's average at best. Going forward it doesn't much matter what he did 8 years ago.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #18
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Kluwe's future with the Vikings

    So we should get rid of Kluwe because he may not be what he was 8 years ago but yet you want to bring winny back and bring in Urlacher who is ready for the glue factory? Man, you are all over the board on everything.

  9. #19
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So we should get rid of Kluwe because he may not be what he was 8 years ago but yet you want to bring winny back and bring in Urlacher who is ready for the glue factory? Man, you are all over the board on everything.
    LOL! I'm not all over the board on everything. That's your game.

    Did I say to get rid of Kluwe at all? Nope! All I said was don't look at what he did 8 years ago to base a decision on. He was average last year.

    The same would apply to Winfield & Urlacher. Winfield had a really good season last year & was a huge asset to the team.

    Urlacher didn't have a great season last year & has lost some of his step, but he's a hell of a lot better than anyone we have at MLB right now. Like I said, I'd sign him & then draft a MLB who would be brought along with Cole with one to start next year if they pan out. Especially if he's willing to sign cheap & has an axe to grind with the Bears. He's not going to play every down which bodes well with getting the young guys some playing time.

    Personally, I didn't have any issues with Brinkley and thought they should have resigned him.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #20
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,763
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He ranked 24th in punt average & 32nd in longest punt last year. That's average at best. Going forward it doesn't much matter what he did 8 years ago.
    Kicks inside the 20 he was 31st with 18, fair catches he was 27th with 12, and with punts returned he had 41 which was the 6th most returned punts. In 2011 he was ranking more like 12th to 18th, so he might have gone from being average to below average lately.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •