On Chris Kluwe's future with the Vikings

On Chris Kluwe's future with the Vikings - NFC North Blog - ESPN

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Kluwe's future with the Vikings

We need to draft a new punter to replace him with one if the too picks

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com brought up the topic first, asking Spielman if Kluwe would be the Vikings' punter in 2013. Spielman's response? He laughed.
    Can hardly wait till we draft Ryan Allen in the 4th round and the pitchfork and torches come out for Spielman......or are they ever really put away

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Can hardly wait till we draft Ryan Allen in the 4th round and the pitchfork and torches come out for Spielman......or are they ever really put away
    Never heard of him before, but I think a 4th might be worth it.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    If we waste a 4th round pick on a punter I'll be leading the mob. Not because I like Kluwe, just because it's rediculous to burn a 4th rounder on a damn punter.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    If we waste a 4th round pick on a punter I'll be leading the mob. Not because I like Kluwe, just because it's rediculous to burn a 4th rounder on a damn punter.
    well we do have 2 4th round picks

but I'd would rather see other positions filled, like Mike Gillislee if he's there would be nice and he would be a possible kick returner and 3rd down back, from what I've read he's an aggressive pass blocker

or ilb or cb or another wr or dt.....

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Everyone said the same thing about Blair Walsh last year. How do you feel about Spielman's move on that one now?

Kluwe needs to shut his mouth and stop worrying about gay rights and start kicking the ball inside the twenty like he used to do. Or he needs to be replaced.

Blog Entries
    Cutting Kluwe at this point would be stupid. He doesn't cost us much, he's proven, and lets us use our picks on actual needs. Upgrading punter is pure luxury, not a need. We could do a LOT worse than Kluwe (Remember the days with Drew Bennett?)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Everyone said the same thing about Blair Walsh last year. How do you feel about Spielman's move on that one now?

Kluwe needs to shut his mouth and stop worrying about gay rights and start kicking the ball inside the twenty like he used to do. Or he needs to be replaced.
    Difference is, the guys harping on Longwell at least had a point, whether it was right or not is up for debate. Kluwe can still boot it a long way, and can still pin teams deep. I wish he'd b ea little more focused, but he's still quite effective. His leg strength is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Cutting Kluwe at this point would be stupid. He doesn't cost us much, he's proven, and lets us use our picks on actual needs. Upgrading punter is pure luxury, not a need. We could do a LOT worse than Kluwe (Remember the days with Drew Bennett?)
    Well with our 37% 3rd down percentage after a QB the kicking game is important

but 7 round pick or free agent rookie

The punter the Panthers draft last year is getting 480k this year compared to Kluwe at 1.4 mill

so there is some value to an upgrade with a rookie.....if it is a true upgrade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast