Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    OH MY FRIGGIN LORD!!!!!!!!!

How many times has anyone made an inappropriate comment? Anyone other than me ever opened your mouth first then thought, "Crap, shouldn't have probably gone there"?

Why is it that it's alright for those who are "tolerant" or in a minority to make "controversial" statements that many find offensive (and are then labeled as intolerant or ignorant), but when someone makes a thoughtless comment in THEIR direction it's suddenly a matter for courts and censure and punishment?

FUCK YOU KLUWE!!!!

Oh no!! now I'm being intolerant...I should probably never provide health services again (I'm an RN) since I failed to understand the depth of emotion Kluwe felt, and I didn't wholeheartedly support his views.

Here's a shocker - I don't care who gets married. I don't care if you have boys and girls marrying, boys and boys, girls and girls, or whatever other combinations you come up with. I DON'T CARE!!

But the MAJORITY of Americans DO. The MAJORITY have voted time and time again to RESTRICT it. So, by that measuring stick, Kluwe's statements and stances are OFFENSIVE to the majority of Americans....

...but no one is crying about it.

See the point?

If Priefer made a thoughtless comment...or two...or even ten.....MOVE ON. His job is not that of an emotional counsellor, and he - like Kluwe - was expressing an OPINION which is NOT illegal. At NO time did he tell Kluwe that he (Kluwe) had to endorse HIS position...he just ALLEGEDLY spoke out AGAINST Kluwe's position.

So...put on your big-boy pants and MOVE ON.

Prior to this, I didn't care about kluwe's opinions on...well....anything. I thought his white board cartoons during the strike were amusing, but that's not what I linked him to first. He was a punter. A Viking punter. And as such, I was a fan.

Now, he's the whiney wuss who needs to wash the sand out of his vagina and grow a set, shut his mouth, and realize that he's not an NFL punter any longer because his PERFORMANCE isn't up to the standard of NFL punters. Sack up, Chrissy.

(This post does not represent the thoughts or opinions of PPO, nor it's management nor individual members. And I'm broke, so suing me is a waste of time )

Caine

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    You're making it sound like Priefer is being accused of saying "I am against gay marriage because..." but he supposedly said a large group of people deserve to die. There's gay people that work for the Vikings (probably including gay players) and they're just supposed to work with a guy who spoke up in the work place about how they should be killed???

That's a lot different than some political or moral disagreement.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    and they're just supposed to work with a guy who spoke up in the work place about how they should be killed???
    No, they are supposed to speak up right away and get it taken care of and not just wait until they are 2 years removed from the team and unemployed before they find their outrage.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    You're making it sound like Priefer is being accused of saying "I am against gay marriage because..." but he supposedly said a large group of people deserve to die. There's gay people that work for the Vikings (probably including gay players) and they're just supposed to work with a guy who spoke up in the work place about how they should be killed???

That's a lot different than some political or moral disagreement.
    And kluwe makes it sound like Priefer haunted his every move, tormenting him with anti-gay rhetoric and threatening him.

Fact is, everyone says dumb things from time to time. If we're LUCKY, the people we say them in front of say something and give us the opportunity to self-correct. If we're unlucky, they tattle on us and hang us out to dry.

But, here's the thing, MAYBE Priefer said that. MAYBE Priefer made repeated comments which would be considered socially unacceptable. But Kluwe FOR SURE did what he did as a petty form of retaliation for his mistaken belief that it was his activism that cost him his job. There are correct ways to handle issues like this. Kluwe chose to try his in the court of public opinion...and when it backfired, he threw a bitch-fit.

Caine

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    OH MY FRIGGIN LORD!!!!!!!!!

How many times has anyone made an inappropriate comment? Anyone other than me ever opened your mouth first then thought, "Crap, shouldn't have probably gone there"?

Why is it that it's alright for those who are "tolerant" or in a minority to make "controversial" statements that many find offensive (and are then labeled as intolerant or ignorant), but when someone makes a thoughtless comment in THEIR direction it's suddenly a matter for courts and censure and punishment?

FUCK YOU KLUWE!!!!

Oh no!! now I'm being intolerant...I should probably never provide health services again (I'm an RN) since I failed to understand the depth of emotion Kluwe felt, and I didn't wholeheartedly support his views.

Here's a shocker - I don't care who gets married. I don't care if you have boys and girls marrying, boys and boys, girls and girls, or whatever other combinations you come up with. I DON'T CARE!!

But the MAJORITY of Americans DO. The MAJORITY have voted time and time again to RESTRICT it. So, by that measuring stick, Kluwe's statements and stances are OFFENSIVE to the majority of Americans....

...but no one is crying about it.

See the point?

If Priefer made a thoughtless comment...or two...or even ten.....MOVE ON. His job is not that of an emotional counsellor, and he - like Kluwe - was expressing an OPINION which is NOT illegal. At NO time did he tell Kluwe that he (Kluwe) had to endorse HIS position...he just ALLEGEDLY spoke out AGAINST Kluwe's position.

So...put on your big-boy pants and MOVE ON.

Prior to this, I didn't care about kluwe's opinions on...well....anything. I thought his white board cartoons during the strike were amusing, but that's not what I linked him to first. He was a punter. A Viking punter. And as such, I was a fan.

Now, he's the whiney wuss who needs to wash the sand out of his vagina and grow a set, shut his mouth, and realize that he's not an NFL punter any longer because his PERFORMANCE isn't up to the standard of NFL punters. Sack up, Chrissy.

(This post does not represent the thoughts or opinions of PPO, nor it's management nor individual members. And I'm broke, so suing me is a waste of time )

Caine
    I realize this was a rant, but you make some factual mistakes...

1) The majority of americans do NOT think that marriage should be restricted. A recent gallop poll shows that the majority of americans (52%) would support a nation wide marriage equality law or amendment

2) There is a difference between saying that you support marriage equality and saying that every homosexual should be rounded up and put on an island and then nuke it. Saying that Kluwe's comments are offensive to the majority of americans is not only wrong, but off base by comparison.

3) This wasn't a case of speaking before thinking.

4) While it isn't Priefer's job to be an emotional counselor, he IS required (by law) to provide a non-hostile workplace.

5) Kluwe isn't suing anyone. He wrote an editorial on deadspin that prompted an investigation by the Vikings.

I am not impressed with Kluwe's behavior at all, and I think PF nailed it. But let's not pretend like Priefer is some poor innocent victim who misspoke. Priefer is probably a good guy, but he let his views interfere with his work just as much as Kluwe did.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Yeah, a majority of the country support marriage equality according to various polls around the country: Civil Rights

Haha... it's absolutely ridiculous that they're actually spending time debating this in DC. Equal Rights for all... period. Decision over. Separate but equal is not equal

The Onion was spot on about this (as usual): Supreme Court On Gay Marriage: 'Sure, Who Cares' | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
    Last edited by C Mac D; 01-31-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Play Ball...........

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I guess Kluwe's beliefs, views and gay marriage campaign wasn't done just on his own time outside of football & it was brought into the workplace.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post

I realize this was a rant, but you make some factual mistakes...

5) Kluwe isn't suing anyone. He wrote an editorial on deadspin that prompted an investigation by the Vikings.
    Chris Kluwe May Sue Vikings for 'Workplace Discrimination'

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...60444564,d.aWc
    Last edited by singersp; 01-31-2014 at 09:36 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

iowa is offline Rookie
    i'm sure priefer probably did say something similar to what kluwe is claiming. i'm also pretty sure he doesn't have any plans on nuking gay people on an island. kluwe was a distraction to the team, he was asked to cool it but he just kept doing it, he also was not performing on the field. priefer was probably just venting his frustration on kluwe, he's seems like a fiery guy. most of us have said things like "i'll knock your teeth down your throat" when in fact we have no plans on doing so. i'm willing to give priefer the benefit of the doubt, it's football for god's sake, i've had enough of the whining and accusations of bullying. i miss the old nfl, where a man was a man.
    None

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast