Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    If this is true, and it looks like some smoking guns have been found to indicate it being so, Priefer is a liar.

I am not certain what legal standing Kluwe has though, as he was not fired for himself being gay, and the corporate loving SCOTUS has basically dismantled all rights to free speech and association that workers have in the United States.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    So it sounds like Kluwe is not only a whore for attention,he is also a vindictive habitual liar. I wouldn't mind if he just disappeared from this earth.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    So it sounds like Kluwe is not only a whore for attention, he is also a vindictive habitual liar.
    How so? If Kluwe has evidence from texts, it would appear Priefer is lying.

I wouldn't mind if he just disappeared from this earth.
    That is a bit extreme, isn't it.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    How so? If Kluwe has evidence from texts, it would appear Priefer is lying.

That is a bit extreme, isn't it.

IF he has evidence.
    "I am not naming names"
    It may be a little over the top, but I don't care. I just really wish he would go away.
    Kluwe is like so many other people who have been fired. It is never their own fault. If he was a better punter, he would still be with the team and we would never have heard any of this.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Kluwe is an idiot for waiting that long to say anything. Obviously he has some kind of intentions behind this if he does have physical proof. How many straight guys on here have honestly never made a homophobic remark at any time in their life? Think about it, and if you say you never did, my guess is you are a liar as well.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Saying all gay people should be put to death is a little more than a homophobic remark.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    IF he has evidence.
    "I am not naming names"
    It may be a little over the top, but I don't care. I just really wish he would go away.
    Kluwe is like so many other people who have been fired. It is never their own fault. If he was a better punter, he would still be with the team and we would never have heard any of this.
    He switched his stance on not naming names a little while ago.

The three people he claim as witnesses to the situation are none other than Walsh himself, Loeffler, and Les Pico (director of player personnel). In fact, Kluwe’s lawyer claims that Kluwe has texts from Walsh referencing Priefer’s homophobic statements, including of course the nuclear island bit.
    I think it is more than likely that Priefer made the remarks in questions. Not only based on this, but also based on the actions and remarks made by his son in social media. Now I am no saint by any means, and like every other guy out there I have made remarks that could be considered homophobic. Making remarks like that does not make on a bigot. I am not by any means a bigot. In fact, most who know me would know that is about the furthest thing from what I am, and I am a strong supporter or marriage equality.

But here is where is changes a bit with Priefer. Kluwe's stance on marriage equality was not a secret by any means. And Priefer's comments, if he indeed made them, were not the kind that you can call joking or unintentionally offensive given Kluwe's well known position. I think that Priefer made a conscious choice to make those statements, and they were very much intended to be offensive to Kluwe.

HOWEVER, Kluwe's problem was not being able to separate the hostile work environment from the conditions of his release. If he truly believed that he was on the way out, and based on his editorial he did, then he had nothing to lose by initiating a workplace harassment complaint while still employed by the Vikings. Or at least getting something documented to support later claims. He would have obviously had the support of the ownership group, given the Wilf's stance on marriage equality.

tldr; I DO believe that Priefer made remarks that created a hostile work environment. I DO NOT believe that Kluwe's stance on marriage equality led to his release. It may have played a factor, but more in the area of personality conflict than anything else.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Did Priefer make the comments? No idea but my guess is he made some comment at least resembling what is alleged. That being said, if it was that big of a deal for klewe that he will go to this length right now, then it sure as hell should have bothered him enough to stand there like a man, face him when he said it and taken him to task right away. All this is doing is making him look like a yellow bitch who is just looking for cash now that he screwed the pooch on his career.

Apparently Guitar Hero, World of Warcraft and Tripping Icarus don't pay as much as the NFL.

It's one thing to go off on every subject that offends you on some random blog or twitter post, but in a case like this, if he didn't have the stones to man up and face him like a man then he needs to STFU and get on with his life and let sleeping dogs lie. If priefer is as bad as alleged, he will do it again to someone at some point and hopefully that person will have the balls to take it up right away.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast