Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    If this is true, referring mostly to Priefer's idiotic comment, I'm glad Kluwe brought it up.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    Who cares.

iowa is offline Rookie
    i miss the old nfl, where 325 lb o-lineman didn't whine about being bullied and washed up punters didn't get national attention for having their feelings hurt.smh
    None

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    TE=Mr Anderson;1150096]Followed by:
    Item... If Crissy Klueless was in a meeting with others that heard coach say what he said then come out with it... Make it public then ... You after all are the moral voice of the Vikings...

Item.... Dispute the Vikings did not make a good choice in drafting a punter , pay him less than half what Klueless got, and get nearly the same production.Sounds like good business to me..

Item.... 1. 45 million for the upcoming season for a punter that not once in his career made a pro bowl> Not

item.... Crissy got more media time on radio shows etc. then most players in the NFL as a lowly punter. i see a problem with that. Just stfu Crissy. No one gives a rats ass what your views are.. Really!!!

Item... You let the gay community down by being silent all this time. Shame on you Crissy. I guess the money was more important at the time...
    What are you even trying to say? Think about it for a minute. How can you call for someone to put their convictions ahead of their career in one post and a hypocrite and media whore if they don't, and then call him a distraction and to pipe it down til the off season in the next?
    This is illegible.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    No, there wouldn't be. In fact, the team probably would have supported and endorsed his endeavors there as those are all "Feel Good" causes.

Gay Activism....not so much.
    Catholic pedophilia....not so much.

I don't believe his outspokenness cost him his job....it simply made it much easier to part with him. Let's see, I can get a younger, cheaper guy who's almost as good AND it keeps my team name out of the press in association with hot button topics? SOLD!!!

Priefer has refuted Kluwe's claims across the board - not surprising. He sort of HAS to. But to have players immediately post content which refutes Kluwe and supports Priefer is sort of telling. Some may say, "Well, sure...they probably TOLD them to say that", but I don't buy that. Had there been silence from other players, that could have been taken as token confirmation of Kluwe's claims, but to blatantly REFUTE them, then go so far in the OTHER direction that Priefer now looks like he's up for Pope (hopefully minus the pedophilia)...THAT is huge.

Looking at things under that lens, I am forced to go back to my original statement that kluwe is just whining now. we have bigger issues to deal with - like who our next HC will be, who our next starting QB will be, and when Zygi will sell me the Vikings so I can unfuck his mess.

kluwe....not so important.

Caine
    Do you find it at all suspicious that Priefer never said a word about Kluwe's off-field activism until the Ray Guy thing (which was technically on field)?

Now that Kluwe said all of this, it makes sense, if Priefer were a bigot, that he would not say anything publicly about his problem with Kluwe's gay rights activism. But if another subject came up, or if it crossed onto the field, which it did with Ray Guy, it's a perfect chance to say something.

I'm not saying that is what happened, it just makes a lot of sense if Kluwe isn't making this up.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Do you find it at all suspicious that Priefer never said a word about Kluwe's off-field activism until the Ray Guy thing (which was technically on field)?

Now that Kluwe said all of this, it makes sense, if Priefer were a bigot, that he would not say anything publicly about his problem with Kluwe's gay rights activism. But if another subject came up, or if it crossed onto the field, which it did with Ray Guy, it's a perfect chance to say something.

I'm not saying that is what happened, it just makes a lot of sense if Kluwe isn't making this up.
    No, I don't.

Coaches talk. Likely, Frazier had already informed Priefer of his conversation with kluwe...there was no point in having another one, was there? After all, Kluwe had already demonstrated on every one of his "issues" that he was going to do it HIS way. When frazier asked him to settle down, he refused. When the Press guy tried to limit his exposure, Kluwe forged ahead ON HIS OWN.

Why would Priefer address this again when it had already been repeatedly demonstrated by Kluwe that he (Kluwe) was going to do whatever he damn well pleased?

What I find compelling is - as I said before - other special teams guys are coming forward and defending Priefer. In fact, they're LAUDING him. In essence, each of those statements is saying, "Kluwe is full of shit". And it becomes even more damning when you consider the fact that NFL players don't get involved in these types of issues very often. Look at how LITTLE we heard about Incognito. But here, we have 3 seperate players IMMEDIATELY defending their Coach.

If Kluwe's statements were true, I would have expected silence from current players. I wouldn't have expected them to come out and say, "Yup., I heard it too" because they're protecting their jobs. But SILENCE says the same thing...and there is no silence.

Do I think Priefer is a saint? Nope. He may have made an anti-gay comment at some point. I wasn't there.

But do I think think Kluwe was dropped for his activism? No. As I said before, I simply believe it made it a lot easier to replace him.

Caine

iowa is offline Rookie
    the timing of this makes me think that kluwe could be trying to damage the chances of these coaches being promoted to higher positions, if he thinks these coaches cost him his career, he may just be trying to pay them back.
    None

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted this already, but it is a more complete version of the story. I think it is important information to have included, based on what I've read here so far.

I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    What I find compelling is - as I said before - other special teams guys are coming forward and defending Priefer. In fact, they're LAUDING him. In essence, each of those statements is saying, "Kluwe is full of shit". And it becomes even more damning when you consider the fact that NFL players don't get involved in these types of issues very often. Look at how LITTLE we heard about Incognito. But here, we have 3 seperate players IMMEDIATELY defending their Coach.

If Kluwe's statements were true, I would have expected silence from current players. I wouldn't have expected them to come out and say, "Yup., I heard it too" because they're protecting their jobs. But SILENCE says the same thing...and there is no silence.

Caine
    Actually, I don't find this any more compelling than our top player speaking out in favor of keeping Frazier as HC.

On the other hand...... a special teams player trying to get better marks on "production point" charts could be a huge motivating factor for speaking out.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Actually, I don't find this any more compelling than our top player speaking out in favor of keeping Frazier as HC.

On the other hand...... a special teams player trying to get better marks on "production point" charts could be a huge motivating factor for speaking out.
    I would agree except for three things:

1: The season is over and the current coaching staff won't be here next season - no value in defending them there.

2: Derogatory comments support Kluwe's version COULD backfire on a player, but SILENCE wouldn't....that isn't what we're getting.

3: The current players speaking up have nothing to gain by doing so...Kluwe does. it opens the door to a lawsuit which could net him a substantial amount of cash.

I'm not saying that Kluwe made it up, I'm thinking he embellished a bit here and there. He's a bright guy who enjoyed the spotlight and I'm sure he feels a bit bitter about the end of his career. how many former players think they can still go? Kluwe does. So instead of realizing that his diminishing numbers are the primary reason, he looks at the secondary one - he's a media whore.

And we get another dog & pony show as a result of his hurt feelings.

Caine

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast