Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82
  1. #21
    highdesertvike is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I wonder if there would be as much indignation and venom if Kluwe's chosen social issues were feeding hungry children, finding a cure for cancer, or cleaning up the environment.

    +1
    An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

  2. #22
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    The only reason he waited this long is because the long haired attention monger knew his football career was over. That cannot be disputed. He took money and status over his convictions. He's like the guy I used to play ball with. Constantly trying to convert his fellow teammates to the Lord. We told him to shut the fuk up or quit the team. There is a time and place for everything, and his place was not to try and find anyone that would listen to his bullshit even when told to please pipe it down by his bosses. They had every right to ask him to do that. He talks of distractions. He was a distraction on his team every week as every new moral compass subject came up that he felt the need to respond to. Do it in the off season douche bag, you have a team to support.
    Followed by:
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995
    How can a guy talk his talk and then when this discrimination hits him smack in the face he takes the money over his convictions he needed to tell the word about. He by being quiet on the discrimination he supposedly was facing is the biggest hypocrit of all. Was not his MORAL OBLIGATION to COME OUT with the information about this terrible man Pheiffer regardless of his team or paycheck?
    What are you even trying to say? Think about it for a minute. How can you call for someone to put their convictions ahead of their career in one post and a hypocrite and media whore if they don't, and then call him a distraction and to pipe it down til the off season in the next?

    You say someone with real convictions should risk his job for them.You said he took money and status over his convictions, and that he lost his platform as an NFL player because of his activism and that status is the only reason "some" would care what he has to say. He spoke out. He lost his job and paycheck, and he lost his platform(by your standards.) Well what did he do? He can't be both real and phony; that can not be disputed.

    There is a difference between Kluwe campaigning for equal rights for gays and him coming out and saying one of his coaches is a bigot. One he can do as a private citizen, the other he can only do as a Minnesota Vikings employee. He would have zero contact with Mike Priefer if he didn't work for the team, but he could still say whatever he wanted to about gay rights.

    Do you understand the timeline of events? There was only one subject with him that didn't pertain to the NFL or could be deemed controversial during the season, it wasn't something new each week like you claim. It was about "the gays" and "same sexy marriage" that's all. The pope tweets came during the off season, and when Spielman asked him to stop because people were calling the team to complain, he did. And no one cares, at all, about the Ray Guy thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    No, he didn't wait. He brought this up about Priefer last May after he got fired. I'm not buying the "I didn't want to bring this up during the season" bullshit. Last May wasn't exactly when the season was in full swing.

    My guess is he's looking for attention or perhaps a payday since the well is probably drying up a bit when you no longer have a punting job with any NFL team.
    Link? I don't recall him saying a word about Priefer. A google search reveals the closest thing to him making a comment about Priefer before yesterday was when he wrote in place of Peter King on MMQB and wrote all he has time for is "focusing."

    Guest MMQB: Chris Kluwe on life cycle of an NFL player, Hall changes
    SOMEWHERE, Internetville -- Good news, everyone! Apparently Peter King is on vacation (the lazy bum), and for some reason he decided I would be an excellent choice to fill in for him on MMQB. He chose poorly. Normally I would decline, since I have to remain super-duper-hyper focused on punting 27 hours a day, but fortunately we're in the dead month of the NFL year and I don't really have a lot going on right now (other than focusing). Unfortunately, SI won't let me say ****, ****, *******, or ******** **** ********, so it looks like I'll have to behave.
    Crap.
    You are correct about the season not being in full-swing in May. All I can think is that he wasn't trying to burn any bridges at that point. Now that a full season passed without him getting a job, he just might not care who he pisses off.

    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I wonder if there would be as much indignation and venom if Kluwe's chosen social issues were feeding hungry children, finding a cure for cancer, or cleaning up the environment.
    This.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 01-03-2014 at 12:21 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I wonder if there would be as much indignation and venom if Kluwe's chosen social issues were feeding hungry children, finding a cure for cancer, or cleaning up the environment.
    Your missing the point. It's not about the social issues, it's about Kluwe. It's always been about Kluwe. He's a whore who wants to stay in the news. Like has already been stated he had such conviction about his social issue that he waited till he was completely out of the league to pursue his fierce morale convictions?

    Yeah, sure.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

  4. #24
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453
    Hopefully Priefer is fired sooner rather than later.

    Chris Kluwe is awesome, it sucks that are stupid coaching staff let him go for being a good person and having a positive impact on the community. He is one of the only bright spots we've had off the field in recent years.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    980
    Oh...and pinning a Ray Guy paper on his jersey has what to do with Mike Priefer ? Let me guess that's Priefers fault too right? He's a whore and everybody knows it who isn't drinking the Kluwe cool aid.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

  6. #26
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I wonder if there would be as much indignation and venom if Kluwe's chosen social issues were feeding hungry children, finding a cure for cancer, or cleaning up the environment.
    No, there wouldn't be. In fact, the team probably would have supported and endorsed his endeavors there as those are all "Feel Good" causes.

    Gay Activism....not so much.
    Catholic pedophilia....not so much.

    I don't believe his outspokenness cost him his job....it simply made it much easier to part with him. Let's see, I can get a younger, cheaper guy who's almost as good AND it keeps my team name out of the press in association with hot button topics? SOLD!!!

    Priefer has refuted Kluwe's claims across the board - not surprising. He sort of HAS to. But to have players immediately post content which refutes Kluwe and supports Priefer is sort of telling. Some may say, "Well, sure...they probably TOLD them to say that", but I don't buy that. Had there been silence from other players, that could have been taken as token confirmation of Kluwe's claims, but to blatantly REFUTE them, then go so far in the OTHER direction that Priefer now looks like he's up for Pope (hopefully minus the pedophilia)...THAT is huge.

    Looking at things under that lens, I am forced to go back to my original statement that kluwe is just whining now. we have bigger issues to deal with - like who our next HC will be, who our next starting QB will be, and when Zygi will sell me the Vikings so I can unfuck his mess.

    kluwe....not so important.

    Caine
    Last edited by Caine; 01-03-2014 at 07:11 PM.

  7. #27
    rednorsk is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Really, Kluwe? Somebody said bad things about you or to you and NOW you want to rake them over the coals? C'mon. Put your big-boy undies on and quit crying. haven't we got more important issue to deal with right now than whether or not someone hurt your feelings?

    Caine
    Amen!!!
    None

  8. #28
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,543
    If true, not good, in fact, very bad. Let's hope the accusation is as accurate as Kluhe's assessment of the Vikes' ownership being "the best."

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  9. #29
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,762
    there is NFW Kluwe can prove his accusations.

  10. #30
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Followed by:
    Item... If Crissy Klueless was in a meeting with others that heard coach say what he said then come out with it... Make it public then ... You after all are the moral voice of the Vikings...

    Item.... Dispute the Vikings did not make a good choice in drafting a punter , pay him less than half what Klueless got, and get nearly the same production.Sounds like good business to me..


    Item.... 1. 45 million for the upcoming season for a punter that not once in his career made a pro bowl> Not

    item.... Crissy got more media time on radio shows etc. then most players in the NFL as a lowly punter. i see a problem with that. Just stfu Crissy. No one gives a rats ass what your views are.. Really!!!

    Item... You let the gay community down by being silent all this time. Shame on you Crissy. I guess the money was more important at the time...
    What are you even trying to say? Think about it for a minute. How can you call for someone to put their convictions ahead of their career in one post and a hypocrite and media whore if they don't, and then call him a distraction and to pipe it down til the off season in the next?

    You say someone with real convictions should risk his job for them.You said he took money and status over his convictions, and that he lost his platform as an NFL player because of his activism and that status is the only reason "some" would care what he has to say. He spoke out. He lost his job and paycheck, and he lost his platform(by your standards.) Well what did he do? He can't be both real and phony; that can not be disputed.

    There is a difference between Kluwe campaigning for equal rights for gays and him coming out and saying one of his coaches is a bigot. One he can do as a private citizen, the other he can only do as a Minnesota Vikings employee. He would have zero contact with Mike Priefer if he didn't work for the team, but he could still say whatever he wanted to about gay rights.

    Do you understand the timeline of events? There was only one subject with him that didn't pertain to the NFL or could be deemed controversial during the season, it wasn't something new each week like you claim. It was about "the gays" and "same sexy marriage" that's all. The pope tweets came during the off season, and when Spielman asked him to stop because people were calling the team to complain, he did. And no one cares, at all, about the Ray Guy thing.


    Link? I don't recall him saying a word about Priefer. A google search reveals the closest thing to him making a comment about Priefer before yesterday was when he wrote in place of Peter King on MMQB and wrote all he has time for is "focusing."

    Guest MMQB: Chris Kluwe on life cycle of an NFL player, Hall changes


    You are correct about the season not being in full-swing in May. All I can think is that he wasn't trying to burn any bridges at that point. Now that a full season passed without him getting a job, he just might not care who he pisses off.



    This.
    TE=Mr Anderson;1150096]Followed by:
    Item... If Crissy Klueless was in a meeting with others that heard coach say what he said then come out with it... Make it public then ... You after all are the moral voice of the Vikings...

    Item.... Dispute the Vikings did not make a good choice in drafting a punter , pay him less than half what Klueless got, and get nearly the same production.Sounds like good business to me..


    Item.... 1. 45 million for the upcoming season for a punter that not once in his career made a pro bowl> Not

    item.... Crissy got more media time on radio shows etc. then most players in the NFL as a lowly punter. i see a problem with that. Just stfu Crissy. No one gives a rats ass what your views are.. Really!!!

    Item... You let the gay community down by being silent all this time. Shame on you Crissy. I guess the money was more important at the time...
    What are you even trying to say? Think about it for a minute. How can you call for someone to put their convictions ahead of their career in one post and a hypocrite and media whore if they don't, and then call him a distraction and to pipe it down til the off season in the next?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •