Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 112
  1. #21
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Kluwe Speaks today

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    He is a great punter. funny that the kicker is the only guy on the team he can tuff talk. he never came down on tjack when he sucked. he should be coming down on the whole special teams. if 11 pro ball players cant tackle 1 man the last guy i would blame it on is the punter.
    Maybe because the other 11 were expecting it to land out of bounds.
    bullshit.
    If the play doesn't go as planned, you can't give up, nor do you get a free pass if you give up a huge play.
    You should realize what's happening and adjust, its not that hard to do.
    The guys gunning it down field should have their eye on the return guy, if you notice him moving to the left or right, usually its a pretty good indication thats where the ball will end up.
    If you see him catch the ball, then obviously it didn't go out of bounds, they should still run their lanes, and make sure noone gets past them.
    plain and simple.
    True, they are supposed to play it as if it is not out of bounds.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    218

    Re: Kluwe Speaks today

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    He is a great punter. funny that the kicker is the only guy on the team he can tuff talk. he never came down on tjack when he sucked. he should be coming down on the whole special teams. if 11 pro ball players cant tackle 1 man the last guy i would blame it on is the punter.
    Maybe because the other 11 were expecting it to land out of bounds.
    so you take a play off????? come on. you play no matter what. till the whisle blows.and it would be the other 10 players
    Agreed but it starts and ends with Kluwe.
    have you ever played a down of football??? grow up. hey everyone i throwing deep to BB. no one else needs to run a route and the line just block for lets say 2 seconds. WTF. or how about i plan on kicking this one for a touchback so no need to run down field. its football. most of the guys on SP are their because they are not good enough to play in the NFL. they have 1 job and they cant do it!

  3. #23
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Kluwe Speaks today

    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    He is a great punter. funny that the kicker is the only guy on the team he can tuff talk. he never came down on tjack when he sucked. he should be coming down on the whole special teams. if 11 pro ball players cant tackle 1 man the last guy i would blame it on is the punter.
    Maybe because the other 11 were expecting it to land out of bounds.
    so you take a play off????? come on. you play no matter what. till the whisle blows.and it would be the other 10 players
    Agreed but it starts and ends with Kluwe.
    have you ever played a down of football??? grow up. hey everyone i throwing deep to BB. no one else needs to run a route and the line just block for lets say 2 seconds. WTF. or how about i plan on kicking this one for a touchback so no need to run down field. its football. most of the guys on SP are their because they are not good enough to play in the NFL. they have 1 job and they cant do it!
    Relax bro.

  4. #24
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Kluwe Speaks today

    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    He is a great punter. funny that the kicker is the only guy on the team he can tuff talk. he never came down on tjack when he sucked. he should be coming down on the whole special teams. if 11 pro ball players cant tackle 1 man the last guy i would blame it on is the punter.
    Maybe because the other 11 were expecting it to land out of bounds.
    so you take a play off????? come on. you play no matter what. till the whisle blows.and it would be the other 10 players
    Agreed but it starts and ends with Kluwe.
    have you ever played a down of football??? grow up. hey everyone i throwing deep to BB. no one else needs to run a route and the line just block for lets say 2 seconds. WTF. or how about i plan on kicking this one for a touchback so no need to run down field. its football. most of the guys on SP are their because they are not good enough to play in the NFL. they have 1 job and they cant do it!
    Grow up????????????? Wow you are pathetic. Read my fucking posts. I agreed that the 11 are at fault for not making the play. Kluwe was told to punt out of bounds and didn't. They are all at fault. Some people are fucking stupid sometimes.

  5. #25
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Kluwe Speaks today

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=vikings4life33 link=topic=48416.msg849701#msg849701 date=1223495250]
    He is a great punter. funny that the kicker is the only guy on the team he can tuff talk. he never came down on tjack when he sucked. he should be coming down on the whole special teams. if 11 pro ball players cant tackle 1 man the last guy i would blame it on is the punter.
    Maybe because the other 11 were expecting it to land out of bounds.
    so you take a play off????? come on. you play no matter what. till the whisle blows.and it would be the other 10 players
    Agreed but it starts and ends with Kluwe.
    have you ever played a down of football??? grow up. hey everyone i throwing deep to BB. no one else needs to run a route and the line just block for lets say 2 seconds. WTF. or how about i plan on kicking this one for a touchback so no need to run down field. its football. most of the guys on SP are their because they are not good enough to play in the NFL. they have 1 job and they cant do it!
    Grow up????????????? Wow you are pathetic. Read my fucking posts. I agreed that the 11 are at fault for not making the play. Kluwe was told to punt out of bounds and didn't. They are all at fault. Some people are fucking stupid sometimes.
    [/quote]

    Take a deep breath Mars....that's it...now relax buddy.

  6. #26
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Kluwe Speaks today

    WOAH now folks. We won the damn game. No reason to be getting this worked up.
    I am more surprised by the lack of talk about one of Kluwe's major problems that he has had since he came into the league.
    He has a booming leg, but often lacks any significant hangtime on his kicks. He has consistently had this problem and it is one reason our punt coverage lacks on a regular basis.
    When he has to pin inside the 20 ... he is great and puts plenty of hangtime on it. He obviously has the ability and needs to realize that a 50-yard punt with good hangtime is much better than even a 65-yarder with no hangtime.

  7. #27
    petrodemos's Avatar
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    664

    Re: Kluwe Speaks today

    funny when the TEs or CBs suck you dont see childress bringing in 4 or 5 players like he did punters today. desperation?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    218

    Re: Kluwe Speaks today

    "petrodemos" wrote:
    funny when the TEs or CBs suck you dont see childress bringing in 4 or 5 players like he did punters today. desperation?
    thats what im talking about. he is picking on the lil ol punter when their are bigger things to fix

  9. #29
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Kluwe Speaks today

    "petrodemos" wrote:
    funny when the TEs or CBs suck you dont see childress bringing in 4 or 5 players like he did punters today. desperation?
    Yeah ... but he is just trying to prove a point. There are always a ton of punters available ... he can bring in all the CBs he wants off the streets, there are very few if any who would actually have a chance at playing.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    218

    Re: Kluwe Speaks today

    "midgensa" wrote:
    "petrodemos" wrote:
    funny when the TEs or CBs suck you dont see childress bringing in 4 or 5 players like he did punters today. desperation?
    Yeah ... but he is just trying to prove a point. There are always a ton of punters available ... he can bring in all the CBs he wants off the streets, there are very few if any who would actually have a chance at playing.
    also true. good point. maybe some of those guys will try harder on special teams then the ones we have now. they will have nothing to lose

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tarkenton Speaks
    By LaBonBon in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 08:56 AM
  2. Birk speaks up
    By Schleppy in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 07:29 AM
  3. The Rat Speaks...
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 06:00 PM
  4. Goldenboy speaks
    By PurpleRide in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 01:17 PM
  5. Favre Speaks.
    By smootpepper in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 08:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •