Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kluwe Speaks today

OKAYYYYYY

Kluwe was told to kick it out of bounds not once but twice

He didn't.. All Chilldress did was say if he can't do that then we will find someone who can

He didn't call him out all that much

He also said he was disapointed with the coverage in his interview so he did call them out as well

This should be put to rest

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    OKAYYYYYY

He didn't.. All Chilldress did was say if he can't do that then we will find someone who can

He also said he was disapointed with the coverage in his interview so he did call them out as well

Amen V4L.
    Doesn't it always seem like it is one sided when it comes to decisions made by Childress?
    With this fan base he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"ejmat" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    OKAYYYYYY

Amen V4L.
    Doesn't it always seem like it is one sided when it comes to decisions made by Childress?
    damn him lol

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    OKAYYYYYY

Amen V4L.
    YUP!!

And as fans here all I see is pointing blame at 1 or 2 people

It's either T-jack or Chilldress

Or Kluwe or the coverage

The whole team almost blew the game for us

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"ragz" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Post of the year.

If Wilf interviewed 4 potential coaches after every game where our coaches sucked Northwest would have to add another route.

How long before that joke of a coach is fired. Maybe Wilf will wait until Christmas Eve.
    What four potential coaches are there?
    Keep in mind that he cannot talk to any of the staff of any other teams, and most college coaches have monetary penalties for early withdrawal of contract.

I want Childress gone at the end of the year too.
    I also want out ST to learn how to adjust, stay in their lanes, and freaking tackle.
    AND I want a punter who can aim.

I don't like the way Childress criticized him publicly.
    I think Kluwe handled the situation with more class.
    But that doesn't take away from the fact that Kluwe is a major part of our ST, and he is struggling to get the job done as asked.
    So why is everybody up in arms about them bringing in 4 punters who likely don't stand a chance of replacing Kluwe anyway?

People ask why they don't bring in TEs or LBs when they under perform.
    THEY DO!
    But we already have a pool of players at those position - its called the practice squad.
    They don't need to bring in additional ones when they want to explore options.

Jesus, people complain if he doesn't do anything, and then they complain when he does something.

Haven't been on much my friend, however, the little I read today, seems like you are a lone voice of reason.

Keep it up my friend.

;D

Ever since there have been punters on the field, there have been directional punts. We've all heard of "coffin corner" punts. It's a copout for Kluwe to say it's not that easy. Instead of punting it 55 yards and having it land just off the sidelines is not needed. You make sure it's out of bounds...miss one, OK, but two...not good at all.

I agree the criticism should have been kept inside. But I don't think anyone threw him under a bus...he screwed up twice and almost cost us the game.

Maybe it's convenient that Chilly has a "whipping boy" in Kluwe. Some coaches need one in order to motivate other players. Who knows?
    yah mike but all facets of our game stunk at one time or another during the game, and i seriously doubt that any other player is going to be motivated by the fact childress replaced the punter.
    it just seems cheesy.
    i mean i heard him make excuses for his offense for 2 years and not single anyone out really, but now all of a sudden you're going to do it to a "punter".
    we really shouldnt care this much, but i think the frustration of fans of how bad the game was played throughout made us a little bit more defensive of a player we shouldn't care that much about.

ragz, I also don't like that the fact he has only called out the punter (and I heard he got in Longwell's face earlier in the year). Clearly he's frustrated, but to only get on the kickers is not very productive. If he keeps up with this tough guy approach, I'd like to see him go after some of the regulars when they screw up.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Post of the year.

If Wilf interviewed 4 potential coaches after every game where our coaches sucked Northwest would have to add another route.

How long before that joke of a coach is fired. Maybe Wilf will wait until Christmas Eve.
    What four potential coaches are there?
    Keep in mind that he cannot talk to any of the staff of any other teams, and most college coaches have monetary penalties for early withdrawal of contract.

I want Childress gone at the end of the year too.
    I also want out ST to learn how to adjust, stay in their lanes, and freaking tackle.
    AND I want a punter who can aim.

I don't like the way Childress criticized him publicly.
    I think Kluwe handled the situation with more class.
    But that doesn't take away from the fact that Kluwe is a major part of our ST, and he is struggling to get the job done as asked.
    So why is everybody up in arms about them bringing in 4 punters who likely don't stand a chance of replacing Kluwe anyway?

People ask why they don't bring in TEs or LBs when they under perform.
    THEY DO!
    But we already have a pool of players at those position - its called the practice squad.
    They don't need to bring in additional ones when they want to explore options.

Jesus, people complain if he doesn't do anything, and then they complain when he does something.

Haven't been on much my friend, however, the little I read today, seems like you are a lone voice of reason.

Keep it up my friend.

;D

Ever since there have been punters on the field, there have been directional punts. We've all heard of "coffin corner" punts. It's a copout for Kluwe to say it's not that easy. Instead of punting it 55 yards and having it land just off the sidelines is not needed. You make sure it's out of bounds...miss one, OK, but two...not good at all.

I agree the criticism should have been kept inside. But I don't think anyone threw him under a bus...he screwed up twice and almost cost us the game.

Maybe it's convenient that Chilly has a "whipping boy" in Kluwe. Some coaches need one in order to motivate other players. Who knows?
    yah mike but all facets of our game stunk at one time or another during the game, and i seriously doubt that any other player is going to be motivated by the fact childress replaced the punter.
    it just seems cheesy.
    i mean i heard him make excuses for his offense for 2 years and not single anyone out really, but now all of a sudden you're going to do it to a "punter".
    we really shouldnt care this much, but i think the frustration of fans of how bad the game was played throughout made us a little bit more defensive of a player we shouldn't care that much about.

ragz, I also don't like that the fact he has only called out the punter (and I heard he got in Longwell's face earlier in the year). Clearly he's frustrated, but to only get on the kickers is not very productive. If he keeps up with this tough guy approach, I'd like to see him go after some of the regulars when they screw up.
    I have seen him go after some of the regulars.
    I've seen him go off on TJack in a game.
    I've seen him go off on Peterson in a game (and I hope he did yesterday).

Now let's talk about the Sts yesterday.
    Klewe, for the most part (except for 1 kick I believe that he punted in the endzone) did pretty well.
    He had hang time.
    He booted the ball well.
    Now, STs also had a pretty good game IMO other than the blocked FG.
    That is where I say it all starts with the punter.
    If the punter does his job it is a lot easier for the other 10 to do theirs.
    I am not saying the other 10 should be let off the hook however it all begins with the punter.

One thing I want to add:
    Is it just me or does it seem like Maurice Hicks always goes straight to where the bulk of the players are for KRs?
    He tries to run everyone over and he is not that big to begin with.
    What's up with that?
    Gordon, I thought had a respectable game.

JeffSeimon is offline Starter

" Klewe, for the most part (except for 1 kick I believe that he punted in the endzone) did pretty well"

When Klewe punted it in the endzone Childress looked for him and then said what I took to be something pretty sharp to him. Several players came over to try and lift his spirit.

The biggest a$$ chewing I saw was Frazier chewing on Edwards...

"JeffSeimon" wrote:
    " Klewe, for the most part (except for 1 kick I believe that he punted in the endzone) did pretty well"

When Klewe punted it in the endzone Childress looked for him and then said what I took to be something pretty sharp to him. Several players came over to try and lift his spirit.

The biggest a$$ chewing I saw was Frazier chewing on Edwards...
    The field commentator did say there were a lot of talking and arguing between the players with the exception of Ray Edwards.

PurpleSun is offline Rookie

I'm sure Childress told AD to hang on to the ball after the first fumble, but he didn't why didn't Childress call AD out and say "If he can't hold on to the ball, I'll find someone who can"

I doubt Kluwe said "screw Childress, I'll do what I want".

Just like I'm sure AD didn't say "screw Childress I'll fumble if I want to".

Kluwe is a good punter, he can make mistakes too.
    Lots of players on the Vikes are making mistakes.
    Childress should just go down the roster and point out every players mistakes if he's going to do it for one.

"PurpleSun" wrote:
    I'm sure Childress told AD to hang on to the ball after the first fumble, but he didn't why didn't Childress call AD out and say "If he can't hold on to the ball, I'll find someone who can"

I doubt Kluwe said "screw Childress, I'll do what I want".

Just like I'm sure AD didn't say "screw Childress I'll fumble if I want to".

Kluwe is a good punter, he can make mistakes too.
    Lots of players on the Vikes are making mistakes.
    Childress should just go down the roster and point out every players mistakes if he's going to do it for one.
    However he did bench Peterson for a couple of posessions.
    Klewe didn't get benched.
    We can play tit for tat games all day long here.
    I think a comparison of an average punter versus the Rookie of the Year/ProBowl MVP running back is not a very good comparison at all.
    Like I stated it's a lot easier to forgive Peterson because of what he brings to the team.
    Mistakes on punting are excusable once in a while not often since that is the only thing you need to do.
    Running backs have much more diverse roles than do a punter.
    A punter is easier to replace than Adrian Peterson.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast