Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Kluwe just needs to shut up and just punt the ball. He really is way, way too outspoken and needs to keep his mouth shut!
    Disagree. It's a free country and he is one of the few people who when he does open his mouth, it isn't a load of crap spewing from it. He says some things that most don't have the balls to say. You'd never hear about him (being a lowly punter, after all) unless he said some stuff that gets people's attention. I'm delighted to see that he's willing to put his (straight heterosexual) face where his beliefs are. If that makes the moral majority, right wing conservatives, and homophobes uncomfortable, well tough noogies. And I personally support equal rights for gay couples, especially where it affects some of the things he noted. It's ridiculous that straight families get rights and privileges that are denied to gay families. This is America, land of equality.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

  2. #12
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Disagree. It's a free country and he is one of the few people who when he does open his mouth, it isn't a load of crap spewing from it. He says some things that most don't have the balls to say. You'd never hear about him (being a lowly punter, after all) unless he said some stuff that gets people's attention. I'm delighted to see that he's willing to put his (straight heterosexual) face where his beliefs are. If that makes the moral majority, right wing conservatives, and homophobes uncomfortable, well tough noogies. And I personally support equal rights for gay couples, especially where it affects some of the things he noted. It's ridiculous that straight families get rights and privileges that are denied to gay families. This is America, land of equality.
    It is too bad that in the 21st Century these things need to be said at all. I would have thought that the equal protection clause (Fourteenth Amendment) of the United States Constitution would have had this issue resolved in the courts long ago, but the courts are stacked with right wing appointments that apply human rights to corporations and deny human rights to humans.

    I have personally seen gay and lesbian couples that have been together for decades denied retirement, survivor, social security, and other benefits that heterosexual couple are guaranteed by law. The results are devastating to families and survivors. Homes are lost; businesses are closed; families struggle. Although I am a heterosexual, I applaud those who speak out against bigotry and homophobia in a time when speaking out is dangerous.

  3. #13
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Yeah. Who the hell does she think she is, not giving money to an abortion clinic. What a hack.

    sarcasm off.
    I actually meant the foundation, as she is dead, just to clear that up. It's also very well known that the foundation receives a ridiculous amount of profit from all procedes. Here are several articles for you to read

    Komen for the Cure caught in mammography propaganda fraud; scientists blast agenda of deception

    Pink Ribbon, Susan G. Komen SCAM - Next Level Nutrition
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  4. #14
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    It is too bad that in the 21st Century these things need to be said at all. I would have thought that the equal protection clause (Fourteenth Amendment) of the United States Constitution would have had this issue resolved in the courts long ago, but the courts are stacked with right wing appointments that apply human rights to corporations and deny human rights to humans.

    I have personally seen gay and lesbian couples that have been together for decades denied retirement, survivor, social security, and other benefits that heterosexual couple are guaranteed by law. The results are devastating to families and survivors. Homes are lost; businesses are closed; families struggle. Although I am a heterosexual, I applaud those who speak out against bigotry and homophobia in a time when speaking out is dangerous.
    I agree Kluwe needs to think more about punting the ball instead of trying to be some sort of spokesman. The guy has about the easist job in sports and we really don't give a rats azz what he thinks. If he were a star player his coach would be telling him to zip it and concentrate on football. Because he's a well paid dope that punts a ball does not give him some exclusive right to be the moral compass he thinks he is.

    As for the gay issue. This is not about being anything but a traditionally raised person that thinks the bond between a man and a woman is not something that should be allowed by Adam and Steve, or Butch and Brianna. This country is going in the pot with this kind of acceptance into main stream America. How anyone that thinks that men and women were not put on this world to populate the world and raise their young like any in the entire animal kingdom do, and that we should now way lets let Adam and Steve give it a wing.... is jut ridiculous. We are treading on very thin ice in this country..... immoral ice.

  5. #15
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    It is too bad that in the 21st Century these things need to be said at all. I would have thought that the equal protection clause (Fourteenth Amendment) of the United States Constitution would have had this issue resolved in the courts long ago, but the courts are stacked with right wing appointments that apply human rights to corporations and deny human rights to humans.

    I have personally seen gay and lesbian couples that have been together for decades denied retirement, survivor, social security, and other benefits that heterosexual couple are guaranteed by law. The results are devastating to families and survivors. Homes are lost; businesses are closed; families struggle. Although I am a heterosexual, I applaud those who speak out against bigotry and homophobia in a time when speaking out is dangerous.
    +1

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    I agree Kluwe needs to think more about punting the ball instead of trying to be some sort of spokesman. The guy has about the easist job in sports and we really don't give a rats azz what he thinks. If he were a star player his coach would be telling him to zip it and concentrate on football. Because he's a well paid dope that punts a ball does not give him some exclusive right to be the moral compass he thinks he is.

    As for the gay issue. This is not about being anything but a traditionally raised person that thinks the bond between a man and a woman is not something that should be allowed by Adam and Steve, or Butch and Brianna. This country is going in the pot with this kind of acceptance into main stream America. How anyone that thinks that men and women were not put on this world to populate the world and raise their young like any in the entire animal kingdom do, and that we should now way lets let Adam and Steve give it a wing.... is jut ridiculous. We are treading on very thin ice in this country..... immoral ice.
    "Immorality" disagreement aside because that is a debate that does NOT belong here...

    I applaud Kluwe for speaking out for something he believes in. Considering he is one of the better punters in the NFL, I think he can safely do so without having to "think more about punting the ball."

    The fact that he is a well paid "dope" doesn't give him the right to speak out - the fact that he is an American does. He has as much right as you or I to speak about our beliefs. And personally, I do give a "rats azz" about what he has to say. I find him to be both educated and funny when he speaks out on issues, which have ranged from the NFL Labor dispute to Gay rights.

    You should read Kluwe's blog some time. Out of Bounds I don't always agree with what he writes in there, but I always find it a good read.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,451
    lol Kluwe is an interesting dude. Hopefully everything he's been so out-spoken about becomes a non-issue someday.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  8. #18
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    "Immorality" disagreement aside because that is a debate that does NOT belong here...

    I applaud Kluwe for speaking out for something he believes in. Considering he is one of the better punters in the NFL, I think he can safely do so without having to "think more about punting the ball."

    The fact that he is a well paid "dope" doesn't give him the right to speak out - the fact that he is an American does. He has as much right as you or I to speak about our beliefs. And personally, I do give a "rats azz" about what he has to say. I find him to be both educated and funny when he speaks out on issues, which have ranged from the NFL Labor dispute to Gay rights.

    You should read Kluwe's blog some time. Out of Bounds I don't always agree with what he writes in there, but I always find it a good read.
    Hey Crissy, get out of the photo shoot room and get your azz on the football field and practice kicking a decent punt that does not travel 20 yards. Guys like this get a pass on the field while they ar emaking headlines on his moral issues. Now it's come to bite him in da azz. He's had a crap year punting the ball and his worse at home last night. The guy needs to shut his fuking trap and play football and let people that we actually take seriously talk about gay marriage. Maybe he should re name his band THE SHANKS....

  9. #19
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    lol Kluwe is an interesting dude. Hopefully everything he's been so out-spoken about becomes a non-issue someday.
    It's only a matter of time...




    I doubt talking and writing are preventing Kluwe from punting effectively...

  10. #20
    Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    How anyone that thinks that men and women were not put on this world to populate the world and raise their young like any in the entire animal kingdom do, and that we should now way lets let Adam and Steve give it a wing.... is jut ridiculous. We are treading on very thin ice in this country..... immoral ice.
    Ahhh one of those "we get our morals from the bible" and "america is gods country" kind of people ... GTFO of here with that nonsense. Have you actually read the bible? Do you know what moral we don't get from god or the bible? Empathy!

    Lets take a quick "the morals we get from the bible" quiz.

    1) Should we stone kids that are disobedient to their parents?

    2) If an unmarried woman gets raped should we make her marry her rapist?

    3) Should we stone everyone that works on Sunday?

    4) If a married woman gets raped should we stone her along with the rapist?

    5) Do you beat your slaves properly?

    6) Should we kill everyone that has eaten lobster or shrimp?

    If you've answered no to any of those then you're a sinner and you're going to burn in hell for disobeying god. Yeah that's right, not only are all of those ok with god, but he commands them. The bible is full of ridiculous nonsense that we don't adhere to anymore. Do you wear clothes woven of 2 different fabrics? Then you're making god cry. If you're against gay marriage then don't be a hypocrite, start adhering to all those other ridiculous things that god commands of you.

    But no, nobody adhere's to any of those things anymore because we know they're nonsense, and nobody says we're "on very thin ice in this country..... immoral ice" because of it. Nobody says 9/11 happened because americans ate too much shellfish. Nobody says hurricane Katrina happened because too many people worked on the sabbath. Society has grown up ... well most of us anyway.

    If you want to live by 1st century standards move to Afghanistan and let us know what it's like living in a cave with all those other folks still stuck in the 1st century. Otherwise put down the bronze aged mythology and join the 21st century where most of us have learned that discrimination is wrong regardless of what god and the bible condone.

    Like black rights and womens rights, this is another right that's eventually going to happen whether you like it our not, and it's going to be judged by future generations, so ask yourself ... do you want to be on the right side of history, or the wrong side? Future generations never look back too kindly on those that were on the wrong side of a human rights issue.

    Now that I got that off my chest, good for Kluwe, he's exercising 2 of his american rights by making an extra buck and speaking his mind. Now eat more wheaties or something, and fix those damn punting issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •