Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Kluwe to miss sundays game

What ever happend to this Napoleon Harris?

stek is offline Rookie

He got traded to the vikings?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Its sad, really is. Raiders fans tryed to tell us but i refused to believe we traded away the most explosive WR in the game for a LB that couldn't play.

Raonall Smith has been inconsistent through his career but when he's on the field he is a better LB than Nap.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

believe me, not having klue will not make us lose the game.

We'll be just fine without him for a week or two.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Its sad, really is. Raiders fans tryed to tell us but i refused to believe we traded away the most explosive WR in the game for a LB that couldn't play.

Raonall Smith has been inconsistent through his career but when he's on the field he is a better LB than Nap.

Ahh we took a shot. Maybe next year NAP.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

God that sucks. I really like Chris the best punter we have had since Greg Coleman

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=18px]Kluwe to sit out Sunday; tryouts for punter today[/size]

Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
    Last update: December 5, 2005 at 10:01 PM

The Vikings will shop for emergency punting help today after determining Chris Kluwe will miss Sunday's game against St. Louis because of a strained right knee. Team officials were still formulating plans Monday evening, but initial indications were that they would hold a three-man tryout today at the Metrodome between veterans Leo Araguz, Nick Murphy and possibly Darren Bennett.

All three have Vikings connections. Bennett averaged 39.3 yards per punt last season for the Vikings and was released Sept. 3 after a poor preseason. Araguz was their punter for the final two games of 2003; Murphy went to training camp with the Vikings in 2002 and 2003. Araguz spent time this season with Seattle; Murphy recently was released by Philadelphia.

Coach Mike Tice said earlier Monday that Bennett, 40, hadn't decided whether to participate in the tryout.

Kluwe, meanwhile, suffered the injury in the third quarter of the Vikings' 21-16 victory over Detroit. The rookie continued kicking but left for good after spraining his left ankle later in the third quarter. Tice said the ankle injury is not serious, but the knee strain will sideline Kluwe at least one week and possibly longer.

Kluwe, who lost a training camp battle with Araguz for Seattle's punting job, ranks fifth in the NFL with a 45.3-yard net average.

Steady as she goes

Tice softened his assessment of the offensive line's performance against the Lions, and offensive coordinator/line coach Steve Loney indicated that lineup changes were unlikely.

"I don't see that right now," Loney said.

Tice benched left guard Anthony Herrera and right guard Adam Goldberg at different points Sunday, replacing them with veteran Chris Liwienski. Tice planned to re-evaluate the starting group after watching film, but on Monday he said "the offensive line played extremely hard" and attributed its performance mostly to Lions defensive tackles Shaun Rogers and Dan Wilkinson.

"It's just that sometimes the guys you line up across from are better than you are," said Tice, who was particularly upset by eight running plays that lost yardage Sunday. "I think that was the case some [Sunday]."

While Herrera admitted his pass protection could have been better, Goldberg pointed to the positives.

"I think as an offense we did some good things," he said. "I think that we went up against a really good front and we came out victorious. We were efficient running the ball ... and we had two sacks in the game that came back-to-back. Other than that, I think we played pretty well."

Etc.

• Tice said, "We're not concerned right now about making certain draft picks look good or making certain trades look good." At the same time, he indicated that receiver Troy Williamson and linebacker Napoleon Harris will play against the Rams. Williamson and Harris, the key components of the Randy Moss trade, were deactivated Sunday.

• Two injured special teams players, Heath Farwell (knee) and Laroni Gallishaw (ankle) likely will sit out Sunday's game, Tice said.

• Injured quarterback Daunte Culpepper declined Tice's invitation to speak to the team Sunday at Ford Field.

• Defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell said cornerback Fred Smoot could return as the nickelback when his fractured right collarbone has healed, as early as Sunday. "We really haven't talked about it much, but I think that might be a way to break him in," Cottrell said. "That way he's not exposed to a lot of pounding either, on runs coming at him."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    i never thought i would be so mad bout a punter being injured.
    :roll: ditto...

peace...
    peace...

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

• Injured quarterback Daunte Culpepper declined Tice's invitation to speak to the team Sunday at Ford Field.

Huh? Whats his major malfunction? Seen he was at the game but this is just sad imho....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Nightgaunt" wrote:

Huh? Whats his major malfunction? Seen he was at the game but this is just sad imho....
    Because I think DC realizes it's BJ's QB team right now & were winning.

He's simply staying out of the picture & letting BJ do his thing.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast