Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Kluwe - Minnesota's Best Punter Ever

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    but haven't been on him to much since the Chiller and he come to the agreement that he will kick it to the spot the coach tells him to.
    You crack me up.
    Well I haven't have I?

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Ltrey" wrote:
    I thought Mitch Berger was better than Kluwe.

Kluwe has been really good....but he's inconsistent IMO.
    And he booted to Bush when told not to.

He must be Maverick!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    Kluwe's latest record came Sunday, when he finished the season with a 47.6-yard gross average, breaking Bobby Walden's 44-year-old record of 46.4. Kluwe's career gross average (44.5) also moved into first ahead of Harry Newsome's mark of 43.8.
    That is a career high for him.

Kluwe also set the single-season record of 34 punts inside the opponents' 20-yard line a year ago. With 23 more this year, he's third on the career list with 102. He also has had only one punt blocked in 318 attempts.
    To call this guy inconsistent is just a joke.
    :
    I don't agree it's a joke but I do think his line drive kicks are worth mentioning.
    I think he has a great leg but unfortunately he is inconsistent with his hang time which causes problems for the rest of the STs.
    What we are all failing to mention here is net averages mean more when measuring effectiveness then how far a ball can be kicked.
    Any NFL punter can kick a ball 50 yards but it's how effective their punts are that really is the determining factor as to how good and consistent they are.
    Just think of how good Klewe would be if he didn't kick those occasional line drives.
    If that were the case he would be one of the best imo.

Klewe's net average is 36.0 career wise.
    That's pretty damn good as far as I'm concerned.
    Once he learns to stop those occasional line drives than I will say he is one of the best and I will consider him as being consistent.
    I do think he's been a lot better the 2nd half of the season.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Kluwe's latest record came Sunday, when he finished the season with a 47.6-yard gross average, breaking Bobby Walden's 44-year-old record of 46.4. Kluwe's career gross average (44.5) also moved into first ahead of Harry Newsome's mark of 43.8.

Kluwe also set the single-season record of 34 punts inside the opponents' 20-yard line a year ago. With 23 more this year, he's third on the career list with 102. He also has had only one punt blocked in 318 attempts.
    :
    I don't agree it's a joke but I do think his line drive kicks are worth mentioning.
    I think he has a great leg but unfortunately he is inconsistent with his hang time which causes problems for the rest of the STs.
    What we are all failing to mention here is net averages mean more when measuring effectiveness then how far a ball can be kicked.
    Any NFL punter can kick a ball 50 yards but it's how effective their punts are that really is the determining factor as to how good and consistent they are.
    Just think of how good Klewe would be if he didn't kick those occasional line drives.

Once he learns to stop those occasional line drives than I will say he is one of the best and I will consider him as being consistent.
    What line drive kicks? I have been to almost every game and I don't recall any. Maybe I am wrong but how is that inconsistent? I can't even remember 1! Are you just referring to the New Orleans game? That is hardly inconsistent.
    Our coverage units blow due to injuries.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I support Kluwe... expect for that one game where he tired to kick it twice. Silly boy
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    I support Kluwe... expect for that one game where he tired to kick it twice. Silly boy
    Yup that is the only play that left me saying WTF. Kluwe is not a problem. We will be fine next year.

Lets not get off track here.........

Sure Kluwe and Longwell (plus the coverage team) have issues, but seriously, if we had a damn decent ST's coach teaching them not to do things like slide into the endzone with the ball, Kick it to the best returner, Hold thier lanes in coverage etc etc etc, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:

Sure Kluwe and Longwell (plus the coverage team) have issues, but seriously, if we had a damn decent ST's coach teaching them not to do things like slide into the endzone with the ball, Kick it to the best returner, Hold thier lanes in coverage etc etc etc, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
    We wouldn't be having this discussion if we didn't have injuries.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

:

What line drive kicks? I have been to almost every game and I don't recall any. Maybe I am wrong but how is that inconsistent? I can't even remember 1! Are you just referring to the New Orleans game? That is hardly inconsistent.
    Our coverage units blow due to injuries.
    Watch the video on both GB games when Blackmon ran it back.
    Against NO they weren't too bad but the hang time wasn't good either.
    There have a been a few other punts that I have seem him kick liners.

I don't think he's a bad punter.
    Sometimes he has trouble self admittedly with the line drives and directional punting which are both a huge part of being a punter.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Sure Kluwe and Longwell (plus the coverage team) have issues, but seriously, if we had a gol 'darnit decent ST's coach teaching them not to do things like slide into the endzone with the ball, Kick it to the best returner, Hold thier lanes in coverage etc etc etc, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
    We wouldn't be having this discussion if we didn't have injuries.
    You been listening to someone to much....

Its still called Special Teams, not Special Tackler.
    Besides, alot of those guys on STs do a damn nice job tackling when they start on defense.

Kindof blows that theory all to shit now doesn't it.....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast