Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Kluwe Impresses In The 2010 Opener

Chris Kluwe - A Vikings Standout In 2010 Season Opener

Kluwe, who has blossomed into one of the NFLís better punters, did an outstanding job on Thursday night, as he and the Vikings coverage units held Bush to just 7 total punt return yards on 3 attempts.
    I think the whole special teams did a fine job against the Saints. One of the few bright spots that night.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kluwe Impresses In The 2010 Opener

Really, the same guy Marrdro calls Clueless? No Marrdro that is Chilly.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Amazing how good the punter can do when the gunners actually stay in their lanes and do what they are supposed to do.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Purple Floyd wrote:
    Amazing how good the punter can do when the gunners actually stay in their lanes and do what they are supposed to do.

Thank god Paymah is gone.. We don't have to kick it outta bounds everytime and have people blame Kluwe

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Again, that is the best you have....as usual, you get a bit lost in the discussion of a few things like DT play, WR play and especially ST's play.......let me help you get back into the conversation on the right track again my friend....

Why did I call him Klueless? Because the ST's Coordinator had him kicking the living shit out of it with no rhyme or reason, often times kicking it to the opposite side of the coverage and almost always, outkicking the coverage. Sometimes he even kicked it to the returner even though the coaching staff told him not to for cripes sake.

Why is he having more success now? Now we have a ST's Coordinator (and two new assistants added last year) who have a fricken clue. Ole Klueless is now kicking to spots. Sacrificing distance for hang time and accuracy like the rest of the punters in the league are taught to do.

As a result of this, our coverage guys can run down a lane that actually coincides with were the ball is going to be at a specific time.

We actually saw the start of this last year and I gave him and the coordinator props several times for it. Hell, I even posted a article or two that explained the whole change that was the direct reason for better results.

Give credit to the coverage teams if you want, I give credit to the coaches who are now teaching the players how to do it right.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:

Thank god Paymah is gone.. We don't have to kick it outta bounds everytime and have people blame Kluwe
    You've been listening to Mars to much.

Was it the coverage teams that kicked the ball to returners when they were told to kick it out of bounds a couple of years ago?

LOL.

Long story short, now that we have him kicking to spots, and he is actually hitting those spots, our coverage crews look good.

Let him start spraying the ball all over the place again and that will change.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY wrote:
    Chris Kluwe - A Vikings Standout In 2010 Season Opener

Kluwe, who has blossomed into one of the NFLís better punters, did an outstanding job on Thursday night, as he and the Vikings coverage units held Bush to just 7 total punt return yards on 3 attempts.
    I think the whole special teams did a fine job against the Saints. One of the few bright spots that night.
    Well maybe not the whole ST's crew......

Blocked PAT. How in the hell does that happen (Load lets his guy in free, Shortwell kicks a low one).

Crappy field position off of kickoffs. I say this is because ole Shortwell sucks at kickoffs.

Of course you can believe like Mars and blame the coverage crew, but then you would have to explain why the same coverage crew that is doing good on punts, sucks at covering Koffs, which we all know doesn't make any sense at all.

If they can cover a punt, they should be able to cover a kickoff.

Logically that brings you back to distance vs hang time which would equate to my stance. Shortwell sucks on Kickoffs. If he keeps missing PATs and FGs, you no longer need him.

On a side note, third year this staff has tried to find a guy who can fix the kickoffs. I think they agree with me. To bad injuries kept them from finally keeping someone on the roster who can actually kickoff to the NFL standard. :silly:

Purple Floyd wrote:
    What is also amazing is how good gunners look when they run down a lane and the ball is actually at the end of that lane istead of on the other side of the field.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    What is also amazing is how good gunners look when they run down a lane and the ball is actually at the end of that lane istead of on the other side of the field.
    Ahhhh, leave it to Marr. The Chubby Checker of PP.O

Nobody does the TWIST better than you my friend. :woohoo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r28ONuvA9rA

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Again, that is the best you have....as usual, you get a bit lost in the discussion of a few things like DT play, WR play and especially ST's play.......let me help you get back into the conversation on the right track again my friend....

Why did I call him Klueless? Because the ST's Coordinator had him kicking the living shit out of it with no rhyme or reason, often times kicking it to the opposite side of the coverage and almost always, outkicking the coverage. Sometimes he even kicked it to the returner even though the coaching staff told him not to for cripes sake.

Why is he having more success now? Now we have a ST's Coordinator (and two new assistants added last year) who have a fricken clue. Ole Klueless is now kicking to spots. Sacrificing distance for hang time and accuracy like the rest of the punters in the league are taught to do.

As a result of this, our coverage guys can run down a lane that actually coincides with were the ball is going to be at a specific time.

We actually saw the start of this last year and I gave him and the coordinator props several times for it. Hell, I even posted a article or two that explained the whole change that was the direct reason for better results.

Give credit to the coverage teams if you want, I give credit to the coaches who are now teaching the players how to do it right.
    Oh please Marrdro. Even Kluwe said it was the coaches who wanted him to kick that way. Kluwe did not need teaching. I think it is you who is lost my friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast