Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Kluwe also stated, "we all get cut eventually." The man is certainly entitled to his own opinion, it's America. Don't cut him because of Tweeting, or posting, or pinning a note on his uni, or publicly disrespecting his boss, fire him if he isn't doing his job well enough to help the Team win. He is on the line of performance in my view.

I certainly don't have a problem if he wants to express his views on gay marriage or Ray Guy being inducted into the HOF. Outside of football on his own time he can do what he wants.

I personally think though that they start crossing the line when they use game day to air their personal views on national TV.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    I agree.

In this case, I agree with Kluwe about Ray Guy, but I do not believe having a tag on Kluwe's uniform is a good idea. I would not want players using the uniform as a forum scratch pad.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I certainly don't have a problem if he wants to express his views on gay marriage or Ray Guy being inducted into the HOF. Outside of football on his own time he can do what he wants.

I personally think though that they start crossing the line when they use game day to air their personal views on national TV.
    I agree. Kluwe can say what he wants, as long as it is not offensive, but using the uniform on game day is crossing the line. As I said during the game chat, he would get fined and rightly so.

I did not read the last page to see your post before making my original post above.
    Last edited by Minniman; 12-16-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    That's a very unusual amount for a fine. It's like $5k wasn't quite enough, but that extra 250 made all the difference. It tells me someone over at the league office spent too much time thinking about it.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    That's a very unusual amount for a fine. It's like $5k wasn't quite enough, but that extra 250 made all the difference. It tells me someone over at the league office spent too much time thinking about it.
    Maybe, but some fines are listed or limited in the CBA, so this may be a set fine amount.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234