singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Kleinsasser says Vikings "clicking" - To be inducted into the ND Sports HOF

[size=13pt]Jim Kleinsasser says Vikings "clicking"[/size]

Dec 21 2007 11:13AM

Associated Press
    kxmc.com

JAMESTOWN, N.D. (AP) Carrington native Jim Kleinsasser says the Minnesota Vikings are "clicking together" right now....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Kleinsasser says Vikings "clicking" - To be inducted into the ND Sports HOF

One of the unsung hero's of the team IMHO.
    Kleiny along with the following play a bigger role than most think/know:

Anyone who plays on ST?'s.
    People often forget how important field position is. If we move on and get into the playoffs that will never be more important than say a game at Lamblow.
    Tony Richardson - Best FB in the League when it comes to lead blocking and he catches a few as well.
    Cullen Loeffler - Did you see how important that missed PAT might have been caused he had ONE gaff this year?
    Otis Grigsby - Hasn't been here long but I am seeing nice things.
    Gives a much needed rest to the other more experienced DE's.
    Jayme Mitchell - A couple of key plays, however, his solid play gives starting legs reps off even during big downs.
    Brian Robison - He will challenge for a starting job at RDE next year.
    Kenechi Udeze - Anyone want to argue his worth now?
    Leads the team in sacks BACK at his natural position of LDE.
    Spencer Johnson - Same as Jayme.
    Can't say enough about the guys in the rotation that keep the big boys fresh to get all the acolades.
    Charles Gordon -
    Player of the year in my book.
    This kid has done nothing but great things in ANY situation, be it the nickel, replacing a injured player or on ST's.
    These kind of guys are what my old coach used to refer to as the "Heart and Soul" of a team.

Damn this is shaping up to be one of my favorite Viknigs teams.
    Not quiet there yet, but getting close.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:

People often forget how important field position is. If we move on and get into the playoffs that will never be more important than say a game at Lamblow.
    Tony Richardson - Best FB in the League when it comes to lead blocking and he catches a few as well.
    Cullen Loeffler - Did you see how important that missed PAT might have been caused he had ONE gaff this year?
    Jayme Mitchell - A couple of key plays, however, his solid play gives starting legs reps off even during big downs.
    Can't say enough about the guys in the rotation that keep the big boys fresh to get all the acolades.
    Charles Gordon -
    This kid has done nothing but great things in ANY situation, be it the nickel, replacing a injured player or on ST's.
    These kind of guys are what my old coach used to refer to as the "Heart and Soul" of a team.

;D
    Ditto!

"Marrdro" wrote:

Definitely worthy of re-iterating. I was one of the few supporting him during the off-season.

Also worthy of re-mentioning: Playing out of position last year, he lead the Vikings with 13 tackles for a loss.

But many people felt that a sack or two was so much more important than that little stat.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. The Sauce - to me - is the definition of Minnesota Vikings, when it comes to current players.

You always have to recognize those guys. I love to see Farwell hit. I think the marque of a good ST is when starters also take joy in doing spells there. Take a look at Winfield and Greenway fx.

I also like, and always have Lorenzo Neal of SD. He's a terrific FB. But as for TRich, I were very happy when we got him to the V.

I thought about that. He had a few bad snap in that game, but he's usually very reliable. Didn't we have a blocked punt or something, earlier in the season that he should have blocked though. They explained this gaffe with his wife being in labor. I'll take it, and offer him congratulation on his firstborn.

I haven't seen enough yet. But it's nice to get a contributor now that we're in dire need of DEs

He has a nice speed rush. But he's still raw, and more of a pass only situation guy.

I like this kid, and I really hope he can pick up his play of the run, to make him an every down end. He has been nothing but a class act since he got here. I still hope for that ST block from him every time we face a punt or FG situation.

I like that he has kept his head high trough all of the shit he took from everyone following is 0 sack season. The guy just keep on pushing.

You need those guys. I don't think everyone realize just how many spells Spence takes when big Pat goes out. It's all the 3-long, but a lot other than that. After D. Scott got down - who also swinged inside - his reps has even increased.

Charles Gordon -
    You got to love that, when the UDFAs slowly develops in to big time contributors. He's doing great, and I see him staying here for a good amount of time. For me it were the fierce hit of - I think - Eli Manning, that put him into fame.

;D
    I don't know if I'll say that. But then again, every Vikings team is great, and this one has a lot of classy guys. I just hope they give us the joy of a playoff too

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Definitely worthy of re-iterating. I was one of the few supporting him during the off-season.

Also worthy of re-mentioning: Playing out of position last year, he lead the Vikings with 13 tackles for a loss.

But many people felt that a sack or two was so much more important than that little stat.
    Just so you know, that has not been forgotten here. I remember, and you convinced me to stay on the correct track on this one.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.